Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
F*** me it took you a whole one post to get your racist comment in that adds precisely nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
What is a matter with them backwards *****?
Old 23-01-2020, 12:32 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Problem with this is identifying it from common cold and flu. On symptoms alone that won't be easy = huge numbers of anxious people reporting to hospital = capacity to manage this is affected.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Problem with this is identifying it from common cold and flu. On symptoms alone that won't be easy = huge numbers of anxious people reporting to hospital = capacity to manage this is affected.
Also the Chinese system is a little different to ours. They go to hospital for things we would see a GP for.

Though I suppose if you’ve stopped all transportation, people cannot really get to hospitals.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:34 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
If you are serious about face masks you have to buy the right sort. The normal sort actually increase the risk of contagion.

FFP3 is the thing you want. Not a hanky over you face.
Supposedly the virus particles are 1-4 microns in size, so only a 3M N95 or similar mask would be much use. More likely to be passed on via contaminated surfaces so disposable latex gloves and frequent hand washing recommended.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
Supposedly the virus particles are 1-4 microns in size, so only a 3M N95 or similar mask would be much use. More likely to be passed on via contaminated surfaces so disposable latex gloves and frequent hand washing recommended.
The normal masts people use get moist from people breathing in and out, and the cease to be effective at the point. And apparently become “stickier” for other moisture particles, which makes it worse than not having one (your surface issue)
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:45 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Not a great 12 months for the Chinese when it comes to outbreaks fever/virus'. Whilst not affecting humans (yet) I am surprised that the African Swine fever in 2019 didn't get more coverage than it did, given that it caused the death of 300 million (yes million), pigs in China
Old 23-01-2020, 12:48 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Just left Tokyo and would say 15 to 20% of people on public transport were wearing masks. What was more surprising was how many people would pull them down to talk to other people or to use the phone. Saw a few with the mask only over their mouth and one bloke actually pulled his down to sneeze! Seemed more like something you felt you had to rather than an all out attempt to avoid giving/ receiving germs? Have to say I saw no one using hand gel or similar.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:49 PM
Quicker than the human I

HK has gone into full panic mode with face masks changing hands for 20x what they did a day ago.

The acting Chief Executive, a limp-wristed incompetent CCP stooge buffoon, Matthew Cheung, has waited a fatally long time to take any action at all - finally today To view the link you have to Register or Login so they can easily be tracked down whilst in HK in case of other cases of infected people from their train. Meanwhile 1000s of mainlanders from the Wuhan area have been pouring into HK for the free healthcare that's a much better standard than on the mainland (and they actually treat like people in HK hospitals).

Meanwhile in our Hong Kong Police State, the occupying CCP army has been today guarding West Kowloon station to allow said infected Wuhan residents free passage out of the station (I kid you not):

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-01-2020, 12:51 PM
Quicker than the human I

Oh, and walking dead Chief Executive, Carrie Lam, enjoying a whopping 9% popular support, has prioritised attending Davos over making difficult decisions in time of crisis in the city state she puppet runs, in order to meet with NBC and other foreign news crews so she can propagate her lies and disinformation campaign about the political crisis in Hong Kong.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:11 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you are serious about face masks you have to buy the right sort. The normal sort actually increase the risk of contagion.

FFP3 is the thing you want. Not a hanky over you face.
That is a top tip and one I was going to share. Short of a respirator that's about the best you will get.

Even FFP1 is better than nothing. Or your hanky if combined with hand washing. Partly it will stop big droplets that can contain millions of virus. Also it will STOP YOU TOUCHING YOUR FACE! Touching objects and then your face is something like 90% the cause of transmission.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s a good job no one ever got ill from eating foods that westerners like otherwise you’d look quite foolish.

I mean imagine if cheese had ever caused listeriosis.
Which isn't passed on by human contact. Flu and recently corona virus outbreaks are largely caused by close and unguarded contact between humans and the original host species.

As for mutating, all viruses mutate, it's unavoidable.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Which isn't passed on by human contact. Flu and recently corona virus outbreaks are largely caused by close and unguarded contact between humans and the original host species.

Suggest you read the post I was responding to.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Suggest you read the post I was responding to.
I read it.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Which isn't passed on by human contact.
Except listeriosis can be passed on by human contact.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:37 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
I had a Chinese takeaway on Monday night. Should I see my GP?
Old 23-01-2020, 01:39 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
caused by close and unguarded contact between humans and the original host species.

From snakes though?

Suggested here that it has adapted from cold blooded to warm blooded creatures.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Sing now, godess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
From snakes though?

Suggested here that it has adapted from cold blooded to warm blooded creatures.
From what I have seen the closest correlation is with a bat virus. The virus doesn't really care where it comes from, only if it can infect a cell.

It is still early days and I imagine the Bioinformatics bods will be working round the clock. By the time the scare is over we will know a lot more about what we won't be able to do about it.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Sing now, godess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Except listeriosis can be passed on by human contact.
Thanks, didn't know that.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:53 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
I had a Chinese takeaway on Monday night. Should I see my GP?
Only if you start wearing your pants over your trousers.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 23-01-2020, 01:53 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
People wear masks whenever they have the tiniest sniffle in Korea and Japan and I suspect China is little different, thing is masks give people a false sense of security when they don't do much other than warn others that you have a cold yet when wearing a mask people never cover their faces when sneezing or coughing which is awful when you consider how mass transit in Seoul and Tokyo is like a pack of sardines during rush hour.

East Asia also has a culture of communal eating which inevitably leads to people coughing over shared food, double dipping of chopsticks into soups and stews and certain people (ie women) yakking away with their mouths full of rice spraying it everywhere.

All in all I hope the symptoms are minor and easy to treat as this is going to spread like wildfire, people have compared the movement of people during Chinese New Year to the UK during Xmas....LOL you are nowhere near close.

China gets the brunt of these as animal to human diseases are the most troublesome and China is where all your pork and chicken comes from, its by far the biggest producer of 90% of agricultural products you consume no matter where you live.

Having said that culture smulture eating bats is a ******* stupid idea, they're basically rats that roost together in the 100s and spend their free time covering far more ground (using up energy and exposing others more). Ebola started from bats but killed so quickly it burnt out fast, reason the PRC are on lockdown is flu stuff takes longer to strike and there's a greater risk of infection spreading (re 1920s when steam ships spread it around the world, we've been lucky not to have anything serious in the age of aeroplanes and hopefully that luck continues).

Last edited by Skin Up; 23-01-2020 at 02:28 PM.