Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattheagle View Post
Doubt there's anything in it but he's exactly the sort of player we need. It's been said on here before but we lack a really quality holding midfielder which is one of the reasons we usually play with 2. With someone like him you can give the playmaker a bit more freedom and offer more support in attacks

He was brilliant for Everton but he's 31 in 10 days so probably not the right player but someone in his mould would be good. Basically I want us to sign a 23 year-old Kante
I think people clamouring for more attacking options to cram into the team underestimate how much our current central midfield would be exposed by that. When Gueye plays the holding midfield role he isn't glued to the CBs he steps forward and dictates the play. If you take our midfield last night (not the best example I know) they just shuffled the ball from side to side. never picking a pass to break the lines or to pick our a runner and for the most part sideways or backwards. So Meyer will have come off with 90%+ passing accuracy but I can't think of one that opened up something for the receiving player. Same for Luka. Gueye can hold the centre on his own at times and that's a big difference. Gueye at his best would be amazing. However - it would be an odd signing if we are looking to replace players younger than him at the same time we are trying to lower the average age. Not impossible, but less likely.

I can see him replace Rice at West Ham and he would tighten up there defence if he is at his best still. Anyone seen him lately playing?
Old 16-09-2020, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I think people clamouring for more attacking options to cram into the team underestimate how much our current central midfield would be exposed by that. When Gueye plays the holding midfield role he isn't glued to the CBs he steps forward and dictates the play. If you take our midfield last night (not the best example I know) they just shuffled the ball from side to side. never picking a pass to break the lines or to pick our a runner and for the most part sideways or backwards. So Meyer will have come off with 90%+ passing accuracy but I can't think of one that opened up something for the receiving player. Same for Luka. Gueye can hold the centre on his own at times and that's a big difference. Gueye at his best would be amazing. However - it would be an odd signing if we are looking to replace players younger than him at the same time we are trying to lower the average age. Not impossible, but less likely.

I can see him replace Rice at West Ham and he would tighten up there defence if he is at his best still. Anyone seen him lately playing?
I don't think there is any truth in the story for one minute. But I agree with you about what we need.
Old 16-09-2020, 02:41 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
As an aside - I am having one of those days where random things occur to me - RLC was one - the other is that a consortium has offered £400m for West Ham. The owners there looks as if they are about to get another pasting - If they make it up to say £500m they get £100m in each bank account less Karen's slice and use the £300m to buy Palace and start club 3........ oh s*** that's more of a nightmare than a thought and I had a cold sweat when it occurred to me reading the headline earlier. It could happen...... can imagine the headline. Dildos and sex empire pay for the upkeep of Palace. Club sponsors have a bunny logo and ground renamed as the wish.com stadium..... SP promise me you would never, ever...... oh you already did?
Old 16-09-2020, 02:43 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
As an aside - I am having one of those days where random things occur to me - RLC was one - the other is that a consortium has offered £400m for West Ham. The owners there looks as if they are about to get another pasting - If they make it up to say £500m they get £100m in each bank account less Karen's slice and use the £300m to buy Palace and start club 3........ oh s*** that's more of a nightmare than a thought and I had a cold sweat when it occurred to me reading the headline earlier. It could happen...... can imagine the headline. Dildos and sex empire pay for the upkeep of Palace. Club sponsors have a bunny logo and ground renamed as the wish.com stadium..... SP promise me you would never, ever...... oh you already did?
I suspect they might want out of football once they leave West Ham. Which I hope they don't. They are doing a great job there in my eyes
Old 16-09-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I suspect they might want out of football once they leave West Ham. Which I hope they don't. They are doing a great job there in my eyes
Yeah - me too. Ignoring the normal whining camera loving youtubers that spring up everywhere that moan about everything including the owners I just wonder how they are seen by the bulk of genuine, sensible west ham fans these days. For a while it did seem as if they had pulled off a real coup that would give them a financial edge but the wheels seem to have fallen off, the ground is still a problem with fans and so on. They are not a likeable bunch but at the same time they have spent money and they have stayed up comfortably until last season. Don't see any West Ham fans these days - not that this is a problem
Old 16-09-2020, 03:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Yeah - me too. Ignoring the normal whining camera loving youtubers that spring up everywhere that moan about everything including the owners I just wonder how they are seen by the bulk of genuine, sensible west ham fans these days. For a while it did seem as if they had pulled off a real coup that would give them a financial edge but the wheels seem to have fallen off, the ground is still a problem with fans and so on. They are not a likeable bunch but at the same time they have spent money and they have stayed up comfortably until last season. Don't see any West Ham fans these days - not that this is a problem
Anything that sees that club struggle to fullfill their fans' dreams is great by me.
Old 16-09-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Anything that sees that club struggle to fullfill their fans' dreams is great by me.
yeah ... they can stuff their bubbles.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:02 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Even Chris Wood would have us a top ten outfit right now. We’re just wasting money doing anything else at all (assuming no key players leave).
Old 16-09-2020, 04:17 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I'm surprised no one is in for Buendia yet. Would absolutely love him at Palace. Am I dreaming to want him and Benrahma before the window shuts.
Me too, and if he's valued in or around £20m at two years younger with PL experience I think he'd be better value than Benrahma if he's around the £25-m-£30m mark.

We still need another striker, but with him and Eze we'd have increased our creativity and have a load of options. The Sorloth money might allow us a quality midfielder as well.

I'd still love Benrahma here, but juggling the budget, this one could work well with more chance of a future resale and better overall squad balance.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:18 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Read somewhere Norwich value him at 10 to 15 mil
Old 16-09-2020, 04:25 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Seems cheap after Eze and Watkins. I read £20m somewhere, but I guess they're just numbers, could be anything. I just think with him we'd have a more balanced squad at a better price. He plays on the right mid/wing or competes with Eze as a CAM if we move to a 4231.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:26 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Seems cheap after Eze and Watkins. I read £20m somewhere, but I guess they're just numbers, could be anything. I just think with him we'd have a more balanced squad at a better price. He plays on the right mid/wing or competes with Eze as a CAM if we move to a 4231.
Absolutely, even at 20 mil he'd be a great signing
Old 16-09-2020, 04:26 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I’m not sure we can fill our team with players from the championship and expect to be anywhere but near the bottom. I know this is a sweeping statement but players with experience at the higher level are needed too. Take Schlupp for example, most people on here just expect him to roll over and give up his spot for Eze, it’s just not going to happen. We lack competition, but experience shouldn’t be overlooked.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Not sure of Buendia's contract situation but they got £15 (up to £20 with add ons) for Lewis. Buendia > Lewis.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I’m not sure we can fill our team with players from the championship and expect to be anywhere but near the bottom. I know this is a sweeping statement but players with experience at the higher level are needed too. Take Schlupp for example, most people on here just expect him to roll over and give up his spot for Eze, it’s just not going to happen. We lack competition, but experience shouldn’t be overlooked.
Buendia, imo, was Norwich's best player, I'd rather him than Cantwell for sure. I read the other day that he set a record in the PL for creating the most goal chances in a month, though I'm not sure how they work that out. He's already done well in the PL at a young age, and reckon there's more to come from him.

I agree with your point, but that competition is exactly what we need to get the best out of our players.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Iím not sure we can fill our team with players from the championship and expect to be anywhere but near the bottom. I know this is a sweeping statement but players with experience at the higher level are needed too. Take Schlupp for example, most people on here just expect him to roll over and give up his spot for Eze, itís just not going to happen. We lack competition, but experience shouldnít be overlooked.
I don't think Schlupp has had a great start this season TBH but I do think he is a lot better player than he is given credit for. He is just discounted and I think Jordan deserves a bit more, because he is the same. They aren't De Bruyne or Aguero but hey are not mugs.

I noticed that Andros spoke highly of Eze but described him as one for the future. Perhaps last night shows that to be true although as I type that I just think it was a waste of time and glad we are out of it. If we sort out the squad this year we can have a pop at it next year but not this.
Old 16-09-2020, 05:46 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think Schlupp has had a great start this season TBH but I do think he is a lot better player than he is given credit for. He is just discounted and I think Jordan deserves a bit more, because he is the same. They aren't De Bruyne or Aguero but hey are not mugs.

I noticed that Andros spoke highly of Eze but described him as one for the future. Perhaps last night shows that to be true although as I type that I just think it was a waste of time and glad we are out of it. If we sort out the squad this year we can have a pop at it next year but not this.
Heís going to take time to bed and gain confidence. Itís always the same, if he does well then thatís great but people are writing off our experienced players already.
Old 16-09-2020, 05:46 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Very quiet couple days isn't it.
Old 16-09-2020, 05:48 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Idrissa Gueye? Yes please.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-09-2020, 06:03 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattheagle View Post
Doubt there's anything in it but he's exactly the sort of player we need. It's been said on here before but we lack a really quality holding midfielder which is one of the reasons we usually play with 2. With someone like him you can give the playmaker a bit more freedom and offer more support in attacks

He was brilliant for Everton but he's 31 in 10 days so probably not the right player but someone in his mould would be good. Basically I want us to sign a 23 year-old Kante

Fair enough.

I was thinking that another 'Cabaye' might work for us -a player who can retain the ball, use it and provide security. The kind of player we would struggle to afford as a youngster / in his prime but would be manageable because he is 30-odd. We could get three good seasons out of him then do it again or spend big and go younger. This kind of signing would be fantastic for us, with the potential to do us as much good as anyone we've looked at in the window. Hope this isn't paper talk / agent bullshit but even if this is real, there's also the question of how much we should pay. PSG can chuck £30M at a 29 year old but we can't go near that figure, a year later. Anything less than £20M might be a solid investment.