Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 22-06-2020, 09:36 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
That's from the 3rd of December 2016 and he still hasn't even spoke to Zaha. Southgate's first game was in October
You believe what you want to.

My understanding from things in the media and things i have been told is once he was given the permanent managers role the first player he wanted to speak to was Zaha who told him he was going to go to ACN the following month.

You don't want to believe that, its fine.
Old 23-06-2020, 10:20 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Does the transfer window open and close at the same time as usual despite the virus?
Old 23-06-2020, 10:37 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
It feels like a watershed moment. Remember finishing 3rd then going into the start of the premier league. Our recruitment was extremely poor. We didn't really spend, certainly not on the right players and the rest is history.

Roy and the squad have achieved miracles this year but we said at the start of the season that the next season holes will start to appear particularly with an ageing squad. Whilst the transfer market may look different for next season and prices may fall this could be the time to invest. Get it right and it could really cement us in the league and top 10 side. Get it wrong and continue to fight from relegation each year.
Old 23-06-2020, 10:49 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Does the transfer window open and close at the same time as usual despite the virus?
UEFA want the windows closed by the first Monday in October so a month later than usual. There is speculation that we might defy that and keep it open longer. No confirmation on windows has yet been forthcoming.

In terms of opening the window will have to open on 1 July as anything else would be a restraint of trade as players would not be able to sign for a new club. However those players will not have been registered by clubs for the 25 man squad and underage players so they would not be able to play the remainder of this season is my understanding.

Players like Fraser may find that clubs are not so keen to sign them on 1 July as they would usually be and might find they have no club for a month or 2, pending confirmation when next season will start. Obviously if they are in demand and have several cubs after them then 1 lever they have is when the contract starts.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 23-06-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 23-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I believe we wont be spending much at all this season unless the price of players drops or we get some frees like VG or bargains like Ayew, i just don't think the money is there. Other clubs especially those outside the big few will be in the same boat. The best option for Palace will probably be from leagues where tv money isn't the main income provider as some of those clubs will really be hurting.
Old 23-06-2020, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
UEFA want the windows closed by the first Monday in October so a month later than usual. There is speculation that we might defy that and keep it open longer. No confirmation on windows has yet been forthcoming.

In terms of opening the window will have to open on 1 July as anything else would be a restraint of trade as players would not be able to sign for a new club. However those players will not have been registered by clubs for the 25 man squad and underage players so they would not be able to play the remainder of this season is my understanding.

Players like Fraser may find that clubs are not so keen to sign them on 1 July as they would usually be and might find they have no club for a month or 2, pending confirmation when next season will start. Obviously if they are in demand and have several cubs after them then 1 lever they have is when the contract starts.
Thanks.

That makes sense.

I am really pleased we already know what league we will be in next season, it will have given us several months of advantage over other clubs properly in the relegation mix and those going up.

We have known since March we will still be a Premier League club. Several others won't know until the end of July.
Old 23-06-2020, 02:27 PM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Wilf conundrum has always been about having the funds to replace him and I think other situations may be aligning that will allow him to go this time, and for us to try and move on in the knowledge we still have a solid PL squad.

Out:

Sakho - 10m
Zaha - As much as possible obviously, but at least 50m (given the market)
Sorloth - 6m (regretfully, won’t have a choice on that one)

In:

Ferguson - tribunal fee (say 5m)
Fraser - 0 (though obviously a signing-on fee)
Batshuayi - 16m

Then we’re going to need a wildcard, no idea who will be on the market or who may be a good bet abroad but it’ll need to be someone that can carry the ball past people, and preferably through central areas. Could be a Buendia, a Cantwell, a Ross Barkley, an Eberi Eze just to name a few. A combination of that type of player, Fraser and Bats would go a long way to spreading the Wilf load, and I’d try and add a promising young centre half that can grow in to the role over the next couple of seasons as well.

Should just about be doable for an even spend (wages obviously dependent on who the wild card signing is), but I think we’d still have more than enough to make a good fist of the league with that kind of squad.
Old 23-06-2020, 03:07 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
You believe what you want to.

My understanding from things in the media and things i have been told is once he was given the permanent managers role the first player he wanted to speak to was Zaha who told him he was going to go to ACN the following month.

You don't want to believe that, its fine.
My understanding is that Wilf wanted to play for England and he was disappointed Big Sam didn't pick him, and then Southgate didn't pick him and then Southgate came and watched Palace and still didn't pick him but picked Townsend.

It was at that point he decided to play for his birth country who bent over backwards to get him to play for them.

That Southgate said he wanted to speak to Zaha after he had already asked to play for Ivory Coast is you falling for the media spin Southgate put on the scenario. It was poor management from a weak manager.
Old 23-06-2020, 04:15 PM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
It feels like a watershed moment. Remember finishing 3rd then going into the start of the premier league. Our recruitment was extremely poor. We didn't really spend, certainly not on the right players and the rest is history.

Roy and the squad have achieved miracles this year but we said at the start of the season that the next season holes will start to appear particularly with an ageing squad. Whilst the transfer market may look different for next season and prices may fall this could be the time to invest. Get it right and it could really cement us in the league and top 10 side. Get it wrong and continue to fight from relegation each year.
Premier league was a few seasons after finishing 3rd.
Old 23-06-2020, 04:17 PM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
My understanding is that Wilf wanted to play for England and he was disappointed Big Sam didn't pick him, and then Southgate didn't pick him and then Southgate came and watched Palace and still didn't pick him but picked Townsend.

It was at that point he decided to play for his birth country who bent over backwards to get him to play for them.

That Southgate said he wanted to speak to Zaha after he had already asked to play for Ivory Coast is you falling for the media spin Southgate put on the scenario. It was poor management from a weak manager.
Should of been in his 1st squad if he really wanted him
Old 23-06-2020, 04:39 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Wasn't Roy also involved at sometime. I thought he was miffed as well as many neutrals at the time and his form he wasn't picked for the euros. I remember many neutrals saying for that tournament and particularly after that the team needed a different type of player like Zaha in the squad
Old 23-06-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
You sure?

Edit. just checked one season in between with Leeds winning the league. The point I was making was teams were getting ready for the launch. Leeds spent very well and won the league. Even a nobody like Blackburn spent several years competing. We sold the crown jewels, replaced with crap and the rest is history.

I'm not expecting top 4 but it feels like a bit of a reset. I just think if we get it right and invest wisely we could become part of the furniture and compete for trophies and UEFA cup etc. When you look at the first several year of the premiers league I was shocked how poor spurs were for many years for example

Last edited by Wycombe Eagle#2; 23-06-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 23-06-2020, 05:19 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
The Wilf conundrum has always been about having the funds to replace him and I think other situations may be aligning that will allow him to go this time, and for us to try and move on in the knowledge we still have a solid PL squad.

Out:

Sakho - 10m
Zaha - As much as possible obviously, but at least 50m (given the market)
Sorloth - 6m (regretfully, wont have a choice on that one)

In:

Ferguson - tribunal fee (say 5m)
Fraser - 0 (though obviously a signing-on fee)
Batshuayi - 16m

Then were going to need a wildcard, no idea who will be on the market or who may be a good bet abroad but itll need to be someone that can carry the ball past people, and preferably through central areas. Could be a Buendia, a Cantwell, a Ross Barkley, an Eberi Eze just to name a few. A combination of that type of player, Fraser and Bats would go a long way to spreading the Wilf load, and Id try and add a promising young centre half that can grow in to the role over the next couple of seasons as well.

Should just about be doable for an even spend (wages obviously dependent on who the wild card signing is), but I think wed still have more than enough to make a good fist of the league with that kind of squad.
I think Sorloth has another season on loan before the permanent transfer doesn't he? I think it's a 2 year loan and to buy at the end of that.
Old 23-06-2020, 06:12 PM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don’t know if the purchase fee applies only at the end of the loan or all the way through. Read that Trabzon have pretty severe financial problems though so if they can buy him and sell him on for a big fee this summer then I am sure they will.
Old 23-06-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Should of been in his 1st squad if he really wanted him
He would have been after he got the job permanently.

Wilf would have been mad to have committed to England under a manger who was only temporary for a month or two. Could have left him with no international career.

Anyway I am happy with what I know, so we can all be happy believing what we choose to.
Old 24-06-2020, 06:45 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yep ask Steve parish about how the fa failed to act
Old 24-06-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
FA Cup final 89-90
3rd place 90-91
Then 91-92
PL starts 92-93

Wasnt a few seasons, PL started less than 15 months after we finished 3rd.
Old 24-06-2020, 08:28 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still say we will be hard pushed to sell Wilf for anything like the fee talked about last season, my own opinion is if he goes it will most likely be for around 35-40m not forgetting we pay Utd 20% so not as healthy a sum as we expected to rebuild around.
Personally i feel we need Four players to become a "solid" premiership club that will comfortably finish in the Top Ten as a realistic position, any higher like 6/7 would be optomistic especially if WZ moves on will leave a huge hole On and Off the pitch as he lifts other players around him.
To bring in the 4 possibly 5 decent quality players needed to take us to the next level will mean current players being sold/moved on to create the space but also to reduce wages to pay for incomers but also ensure wages are then kept at sensible levels, say 60/70k p.w maximum. This is what i feel we will need taking into consideration players moved out also ones being replaced.

(1) RB---- Ferguson or the West Ham lad who looked very impressive, both officially on a free but with compensation paid out, 3-5m?
(2) CB-----Sakho sold 8m? but huge savings on his wages, replaced with Holding (Arsenal) around 9/10m
(3) Midfield------this is the tricky position as we need to move on players who basically are passengers and who dont figure for Roy. So Meyer needs to be sold 10m? replaced with Cantwell 20m? or McGinn 15m.
(4) Wide Midfield/Winger----- Wilf Zaha sell around 35/40m plus huge saving on wages, replacing will be very difficult but a realistic and superb replacement at a sensible fee would be Delafeau at say 15m, ideally i would like McNeil (Burnley)but too expensive. Townsend sell for around 12m, replace with Fraser (free) only if he accepts 70k p.w wages, great replacement.
(5) Strikers---- This is where we need change as we cant keep making excuses any longer for players that have failed for 2/3 seasons now as the priority of a striker is scoring goals, so Benteke sold 10m plus plus huge savings on wages, Wickham 8/10m again big savings on wages, Sorloth i would like to see him given chance as i feel he has been hard done previously also the loan would have worked wonders for his confidence so could return a very different player, but possibly this boat has sailed.
As for replacements we will need Two if the above move on, Batshuayi 14m, but only sign if within the wage structure of 70k p.w, and Wilson 18m(Bournemouth) excellent hard working player who would fit well into our system and WILL score goals, and will be able to play in combination with Batshuayi.
These figures are just my own pure guess valuations and would be challenged by others, but based on that would suggest an outlay of approx 80m plus but incoming money of around 90m plus also huge savings on current wages, suggests it more or less balances out but with an improvement on strengthening the squad plus reducing the age allround, other than the loss of Wilf which will be huge for sure.
Old 24-06-2020, 08:37 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
Don’t know if the purchase fee applies only at the end of the loan or all the way through. Read that Trabzon have pretty severe financial problems though so if they can buy him and sell him on for a big fee this summer then I am sure they will.
So many people falling for this and I don't believe this would happen for these reasons:

Say another club has become alerted to Sorloth and wants to sign him. Do you think they are going to sit around and wait for Trabzonspor to buy him for 6M knowing once he becomes a Trab player they can name their price and suddenly for example want 20M? The alternative would be the 3rd party club comes along and says to Palace can we have him for say 10M and Palace agree. Even though Trabzonspor have a price agreed, they still have the small matter of agreeing personal terms and getting Sorloth to sign a contract and if he thinks there is a better option out there why would he not take it? Secondly what player is going to go to all the trouble of signing a contract with a club that wishes to sell them immediately? What if they can't get the price they want from the next club? This makes no sense at all and isn't going to happen.
Old 24-06-2020, 08:39 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I really hope we have some dry powder. I’ve seen that Leicester are singing william carvalho for 14m. That’s peanuts for a player of that quality!

The Dutch and Portuguese league are going to be in real trouble, would be nice to take advantage for a change.