Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 23-05-2020, 08:40 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Would expect if everyone wanted a refund from the remainder of their season ticket it would cost the club maybe at worst case scenario around £3 Million probably lower than that.

The main loss will be the part refund out of the t.v. deal.

Think that it will be a very quiet transfer window this year as clubs budgets will be massively hit.

Squad valuation marked down from an Accounting point of view but players still in receipt of large contracts.
Clubs in the premier league will have reduced budgets but then you will get teams in the championship or on the continent that are in significant financial trouble and will need to sell players. It might be that volume of players changing hands is normal but just with vastly reduced fees.
Old 23-05-2020, 08:53 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Clubs in the premier league will have reduced budgets but then you will get teams in the championship or on the continent that are in significant financial trouble and will need to sell players. It might be that volume of players changing hands is normal but just with vastly reduced fees.
Yes good point in the Championship and lower down there are going to be a lot of Financially distressed clubs and a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season.

This will probably start deflation in player wages until the game recovers.
Old 23-05-2020, 09:36 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
What I would like to see, in most cases limiting to people we have actually been linked with

Ins
Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth, free)
Bright Osayi-Samuel (QPR, £6m*)
Nathan Ferguson (West Brom £4m*)
Aaron Hickey (Herts, £1.5m*)
Josh Maja (Bordeaux, £10m*)
Reece Oxford (Augsburg, £2m*)

Outs

Zaha (Newcastle £50m*, sadly)
Sakho (Back to France , £10m*)

*Estimated fees based on press reports. In reality of course these are merely "best guesses"

That would give us younger options in most areas of the pitch (central midfield being the only exception), while leaving us both in profit on fees and with a lower wage bill (Zaha and Sakho probably earn more between them than all of the proposed ins combined), which is probably important in the current climate.

Of course, I'd also take any sensible offer for Benteke, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim
Old 23-05-2020, 11:18 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
What I would like to see, in most cases limiting to people we have actually been linked with

Ins
Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth, free)
Bright Osayi-Samuel (QPR, £6m*)
Nathan Ferguson (West Brom £4m*)
Aaron Hickey (Herts, £1.5m*)
Josh Maja (Bordeaux, £10m*)
Reece Oxford (Augsburg, £2m*)

Outs

Zaha (Newcastle £50m*, sadly)
Sakho (Back to France , £10m*)

*Estimated fees based on press reports. In reality of course these are merely "best guesses"

That would give us younger options in most areas of the pitch (central midfield being the only exception), while leaving us both in profit on fees and with a lower wage bill (Zaha and Sakho probably earn more between them than all of the proposed ins combined), which is probably important in the current climate.

Of course, I'd also take any sensible offer for Benteke, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim
That would leave us a severely weakened team. Selling Zaha and Sakho replacing them either Fraser and a bunch of unproven kids is a fast track to disaster.

Agree that Sakho has to go and we need to get younger but we need quality not just quantity.
Old 23-05-2020, 12:02 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
That would leave us a severely weakened team. Selling Zaha and Sakho replacing them either Fraser and a bunch of unproven kids is a fast track to disaster.

Agree that Sakho has to go and we need to get younger but we need quality not just quantity.
I'm really not convinced that's true. Sakho has actually contributed next to nothing this season (and I say that as someone who thinks that at his best, he is arguably the best centre half we've ever had. We've got four good experienced centre halves without him, so I think the "loss" compared to what we have done this season is essentially nil. Our 4 experienced centre halves ae more than good enough for next season. It's the longer term that's an issue in that position ,which is why anyone we bring in has to be a relative youngster.

Zaha is a trickier one I admit, but he hasn't been the unstoppable force of the past in this campaign, and I think for us at least, that player isn't coming back (I can see him exploding back to his best form with a fresh start though). What is left is "only" a very good player. I think Fraser at his best (which to be fair he hasn't been this season) is a very good player, and we could adapt to that loss in a way we would have struggled to a year or so ago. Osayi-Samuel also has huge potential, albeit he isn't Zaha (even this seasons version) at the moment

The way the club is run is financially unsustainable, and we have to shift to younger, lower wage players to survive, probably without a net spend on fees. That's a hard balancing act to do, but long term not doing it probably carries more risk than biting that bullet
Old 23-05-2020, 01:21 PM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
If all season tickets are refunded that means the club loses a lot of money. Money that's essentially already been spent, so there will be even less in the transfer kitty.

I don't think there will be much transfer activity this summer, so focus on keeping Wilf and trying to find a few young bargains on a free or for sensible money
Very little money to a prem club.
Old 23-05-2020, 06:04 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Tucker
Oxford
Ferguson
Hickey
Eze
Lookman
Maja

I'd also try and shift Sakho if possible too and possibly Meyer.

This looks like a fair amount of incomings and quite possibly around £50M in signings, but I also think this short term outlay will result in a longer term benefit as all the above should increase severely. When you look at the current contract situation within our squad too we don't want to leave ourselves with too much work to do in the 2021 summer as the transition of a whole new load of arrivals might be too much.

Guiata
Ferguson-Tomkins-Tucker/Kelly-PVA
McCarthy Kouyate
Zaha-Eze-Lookman
Maja/Ayew

That would freshen up the age of the starting eleven with a good blend of experience and youth. People will no doubt look at this Tucker suggestion and think who is he, but against West Ham in the cup he looked very good and a Gills fan I knows seems to think he's the best thing they've ever produced and supposedly a few Premier League clubs have been looking at him.

Clinton Morrison
Old 23-05-2020, 07:12 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Like the suggestions, good shouts, but think that 11 may be too attacking for Roy.
Old 24-05-2020, 08:58 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kouyate said in a matchday programme interview a few months ago that young Senegalese player Krepin Diatta is going to be the next Sadio Mane. That’s good enough for me. Let’s buy him from Club Brugge.
Old 24-05-2020, 10:09 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Kouyate said in a matchday programme interview a few months ago that young Senegalese player Krepin Diatta is going to be the next Sadio Mane. Thatís good enough for me. Letís buy him from Club Brugge.
I do remember him saying this actually, he looked very good against Real Madrid last September from memory.

Clinton Morrison
Old 24-05-2020, 10:54 AM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Jordon Ibe will be a free transfer in the summer. I personally wouldn't want him but he was linked with us in January.
Old 24-05-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Jordon Ibe will be a free transfer in the summer. I personally wouldn't want him but he was linked with us in January.
He was apparently looking at property in Purley from somebody I know too. Not sure if he ever bought somewhere, but he was looking...

Clinton Morrison
Old 24-05-2020, 04:54 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Like the suggestions, good shouts, but think that 11 may be too attacking for Roy.
Yeah coz Roy ainít got a clue has he
Old 24-05-2020, 04:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Look at the football with RLC & Cabaye in the team, we played some brilliant football.
Old 24-05-2020, 04:56 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Yeah coz Roy ainít got a clue has he
He very much has clue. Hence why I don’t think he’d play a team with that little defensive solidity.
Old 24-05-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Look at the football with RLC & Cabaye in the team, we played some brilliant football.
Cabaye was a defensive colossus, and also had Luka and Macca for more solidity. The suggested 11, although I like the individual players, only has Kouyate and McCarthy providing solidity.
Old 24-05-2020, 05:38 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Probably falls under the good championship player / average premiership player.

Only 24 and if we were signing him after a good season in the championship would probably set us back around £10m. On a free transfer Id definitely see the logic.
Old 24-05-2020, 09:28 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Kouyate said in a matchday programme interview a few months ago that young Senegalese player Krepin Diatta is going to be the next Sadio Mane. Thatís good enough for me. Letís buy him from Club Brugge.
Certainly worth a close look
Old 24-05-2020, 09:34 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
He was apparently looking at property in Purley from somebody I know too. Not sure if he ever bought somewhere, but he was looking...
Did he park his car outside the house, or in the front room?
Old 25-05-2020, 06:40 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Did he park his car outside the house, or in the front room?