Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 25-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Highland Eagle

Highland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think that with no money flying around this window - Zaha stays and we will only sign 2 or 3 - on the cheap - I reckon Ferguson from WBA Clyne from pool and Bolasie from Everton. I was worried that the squad would be severely upgraded whilst Roy was still in the hotseat - then a new manager next year would have very little to play with. So patch up current squad (one of our best overall anyway) as best we can without taking big risks.
I know the Bolasie thing divides and I was firmly against but with the current situation, a pal for Wilf might be worth it on its own. We do need a third winger type player and Yannick could do that job for a couple of seasons. I also suspect we also wont be buying a striker of any value ( best chance is probably Sorloth- so not much chance at all!)
Weird in this turbulent world - our dearly beloved club is enjoying a lot of stability - bit more commotion perhaps -- prem title in the bag!!!!
Old 25-05-2020, 10:48 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Eagle View Post
I think that with no money flying around this window - Zaha stays and we will only sign 2 or 3 - on the cheap - I reckon Ferguson from WBA Clyne from pool and Bolasie from Everton. I was worried that the squad would be severely upgraded whilst Roy was still in the hotseat - then a new manager next year would have very little to play with. So patch up current squad (one of our best overall anyway) as best we can without taking big risks.
I know the Bolasie thing divides and I was firmly against but with the current situation, a pal for Wilf might be worth it on its own. We do need a third winger type player and Yannick could do that job for a couple of seasons. I also suspect we also wont be buying a striker of any value ( best chance is probably Sorloth- so not much chance at all!)
Weird in this turbulent world - our dearly beloved club is enjoying a lot of stability - bit more commotion perhaps -- prem title in the bag!!!!
We tend to patch up our squad, other than when Benteke and Sahko were signed, so I agree but a decent investment in affordable youngsters is a must, rather than once again returning to ageing old boys Clyne and Bolasie. Eze, Watkins Ferguson and Benrahma are always quoted. Two or three of these would be great.
Old 25-05-2020, 11:10 AM
Highland Eagle

Highland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHighland Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
We tend to patch up our squad, other than when Benteke and Sahko were signed, so I agree but a decent investment in affordable youngsters is a must, rather than once again returning to ageing old boys Clyne and Bolasie. Eze, Watkins Ferguson and Benrahma are always quoted. Two or three of these would be great.
I agree - but I just don't think the money will be there - -unless the likes of QPR are so broke a fiver will entice!
Old 25-05-2020, 12:08 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree - but I just don't think the money will be there - -unless the likes of QPR are so broke a fiver will entice!
Old 25-05-2020, 06:09 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
No to clyne as hes not what we need with his off field crap & sadly the injury has finished YB imo.
Old 25-05-2020, 06:12 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Would be good as revenge for when they took a lot of players off us in early 80s.
Yes i hold a grudge
Old 25-05-2020, 07:28 PM
Highland Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Would be good as revenge for when they took a lot of players off us in early 80s.
Yes i hold a grudge
True -- I was a trainee at mitchum on the night of venables exit --- sadly for me to that night ---The whole club was in virtual shutdown and they offered me a place at wimbledon ffs --the demise of the team of the eighties was so sad

So Eze in for a fiver!
Old 26-05-2020, 03:53 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Might as well get Moses as well whilst at it lol
Old 26-05-2020, 05:49 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Might as well get Moses as well whilst at it lol
Plus Nugent?
Old 26-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Highland Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Plus Nugent?
Nicky Chatterdon and Ian Walsh could be inexpensive!
Old 26-05-2020, 06:59 AM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
True -- I was a trainee at mitchum on the night of venables exit --- sadly for me to that night ---The whole club was in virtual shutdown and they offered me a place at wimbledon ffs --the demise of the team of the eighties was so sad

So Eze in for a fiver!
Did you play at any sort of level after mate?
Old 26-05-2020, 07:25 AM
Highland Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Did you play at any sort of level after mate?
Not professional - in fact I gave up football for a couple of years after this - think best advice for youngsters maybe to not go to your favourite club. When John Cartwright( think that's his name) offered to get me in at Wimbledon, I just felt my dream had gone bust!
Still I got to train with Budgie and David Fry - so awesome and so lucky.
Old 26-05-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Not professional - in fact I gave up football for a couple of years after this - think best advice for youngsters maybe to not go to your favourite club. When John Cartwright( think that's his name) offered to get me in at Wimbledon, I just felt my dream had gone bust!
What an entertainer in the warm ups, I have never seen anything like it since. He could have appeared on 'Britains Got Talent'.
Old 26-05-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:

So Eze in for a fiver!
Thats gutting for you , yes definitely Eze for a fiver . Cracking player him.
Old 26-05-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
How good was Fry? As it was hard to gage due budgies dominance in goal.
Old 26-05-2020, 07:34 PM
Highland Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
How good was Fry? As it was hard to gage due budgies dominance in goal.
David Fry - good question! I think he was definitely better than the credit he receives - good trainer, wise, sensible unflappable and a dry quiet sort of humour - if your daughter bought him home you'd not be too upset! Nice dude and good keeper.

Budgie - enthusiasm central!!!! What a love of the game he had - my first session with him had one keeper in a ball on the ground and you'd have to dive over the top of him to catch the ball - the only rule was if your trailing leg touched the balled up keeper, he in turn got a free hit back --- bruises!
Old 27-05-2020, 07:08 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are some seriously saying that they would not want Vic Moses back if the price was right? we must be really brimming with talent in abundance to not want him as part of our squad.
What is he 29? and with no long term injuries to worry about and still a very good player that works hard whether attacking or dropping back to help defend, plus can play in several positions like Wing Back, Wide Midfield or what i feel would now be his best position as he has all the attributes to make an excellent deep laying Striker (number10) especially if WZ was to move on, Moses would make a great replacement.
Old 27-05-2020, 08:51 AM
Highland Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Are some seriously saying that they would not want Vic Moses back if the price was right? we must be really brimming with talent in abundance to not want him as part of our squad.
What is he 29? and with no long term injuries to worry about and still a very good player that works hard whether attacking or dropping back to help defend, plus can play in several positions like Wing Back, Wide Midfield or what i feel would now be his best position as he has all the attributes to make an excellent deep laying Striker (number10) especially if WZ was to move on, Moses would make a great replacement.
Yep Moses better than Bolasie - but tbh I wouldn't want either as a replacement for Wilf, but would love one of to compliment Wilf - and one assumes that Yannick comes in much cheaper - If football starts falling apart then the market will be flooded with deals that no one can take - because players won't move unless there out of contract - which is why I believe Wilf will now see out his career at Selhurst - unless madness decends from the far east / north east!!
Old 29-05-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
David Fry - good question! I think he was definitely better than the credit he receives - good trainer, wise, sensible unflappable and a dry quiet sort of humour - if your daughter bought him home you'd not be too upset! Nice dude and good keeper.

Budgie - enthusiasm central!!!! What a love of the game he had - my first session with him had one keeper in a ball on the ground and you'd have to dive over the top of him to catch the ball - the only rule was if your trailing leg touched the balled up keeper, he in turn got a free hit back --- bruises!
Great to hear Fry was someone whos a decent human being.
Lol at Budgie he was a character for sure.
Old 30-05-2020, 05:58 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
I think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here. I'd be amazed if we increase the size of our squad by more than 2 players. If we sell Sakho and nobody else, I'd expect 3 new first team players, one of whom may be a loan, plus some 16-18 year olds. We have been cautious over transfers for a while. This is unlikely to be the time this will change.