Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Whilst I agree with Chelmsford, I do think we need to pan out the squad to 25, we currently only have 21 senior pros, plus Perrick, painfully thin if we get a couple of knocks
Old 01-06-2020, 08:04 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here. I'd be amazed if we increase the size of our squad by more than 2 players. If we sell Sakho and nobody else, I'd expect 3 new first team players, one of whom may be a loan, plus some 16-18 year olds. We have been cautious over transfers for a while. This is unlikely to be the time this will change.
Nor should it imo.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:48 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here. I'd be amazed if we increase the size of our squad by more than 2 players. If we sell Sakho and nobody else, I'd expect 3 new first team players, one of whom may be a loan, plus some 16-18 year olds. We have been cautious over transfers for a while. This is unlikely to be the time this will change.
Depends on what rule changes come in. Chelsea are proposing that the bench should be expanded to 9 from 7 with the 5 subs allowed.

Should that be carried into next season then your matchday squad is then 20 and unless we have youngsters ready we may need our full 25 matchday squad filled with reasonable competent players and i don't think Roy, or anyone considers it currently is.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:02 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Depends on what rule changes come in. Chelsea are proposing that the bench should be expanded to 9 from 7 with the 5 subs allowed.

Should that be carried into next season then your matchday squad is then 20 and unless we have youngsters ready we may need our full 25 matchday squad filled with reasonable competent players and i don't think Roy, or anyone considers it currently is.
Even if this happens I am not sure it will change our number of signings. The only reasons I can see us buying more players are if we somehow get into Europe or there is a real fire sale of championship players who can be picked up on cheap wages. Our recent policy has been successful, (IMO) Parish seems happy with it, and we have just lost a lot of expected income. Nothing in our recent history (since Freeman rejoined) suggests we will be looking to buy lots of players for expensive fees.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:05 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Whilst I agree with Chelmsford, I do think we need to pan out the squad to 25, we currently only have 21 senior pros, plus Perrick, painfully thin if we get a couple of knocks
It is a relatively small squad but several times we have taken the decision not to spend (big) to expand it but rather wait for what Parish et al consider the right signing.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 AM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
It is a relatively small squad but several times we have taken the decision not to spend (big) to expand it but rather wait for what Parish et al consider the right signing.
Looking at our accounts we've not had the opportunity to spend big.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Romeo ... Decent player when I've seen them play ....
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-06-2020, 11:39 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Romeo ... Decent player when I've seen them play ....
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Never rated him when I've seen him, plenty better right backs in my opinion anyway. Ferguson and Nyambe alone are better players for me.

Clinton Morrison
Old 03-06-2020, 04:00 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Forgot Niasse was on a free.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:00 PM

Eagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ferguson, Watkins, Eze and a bloody striker who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis......sorted
Old 03-06-2020, 05:59 PM

Jim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJim Bhoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lee O'Connor, right back on Celtic's books. Can't get in the 1st team at Celtic but only because Jeremie Frimpong is ahead of him. Was previously at Man Utd and I've seen him play numerous times for Ireland under age sides. Quality player.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:28 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So much talk about the need for replacing Joel Ward when in reality he is a decent RB ok clearly with limitations but seldom lets the side down, so can we seriously get much better unless we spend big bucks? (Trippier is available) but we know that nonsense wont happen.
The "problem" is quite unexpectably and by default unearthed a gem in AWB and fans think it can all happen again, and now all the talk is Ferguson a raw 19yr old can be that person a player most have never seen perform and certainly Never at premiership level, yet seem to think he will be our saviour when clearly he would still be a gamble but a player we need to show patience with if he signs.
So much talk on here of Palace needing to flood the team with signings of youngsters when our priority should always be staying in the premiership, and that has always been Roy Hodgsons priority if not could well spell problems, when in reality we need a "happy" mix of youth and experience as Cahill has shown what experience brings even at nearly 36 yrs old he has been outstanding.
You need a "spine" of experience running through the middle of the team, and currently in goal Guiata gives us that quality, and for now Cahill and Tomkins offers rock solid stability in Central Defence, in Midfield we are still searching for that special player to knit things together someone like Cabaye, that is able to control things and make players tick around him. Finally we still need that special Striker that can work alongside Zaha and develop that side of his game, unfortunately the Benteke experiment has not worked hence why i still feel Batshuayi could be that player we need to complete that Spine.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Ferguson seems the perfect option - he may not be ready to step straight in but we have Ward who is solid and can also help Ferguson in his development. It may take Ferguson a year to adapt but I think this would be a great option.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:39 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
So much talk about the need for replacing Joel Ward when in reality he is a decent RB ok clearly with limitations but seldom lets the side down, so can we seriously get much better unless we spend big bucks? (Trippier is available) but we know that nonsense wont happen.
The "problem" is quite unexpectably and by default unearthed a gem in AWB and fans think it can all happen again, and now all the talk is Ferguson a raw 19yr old can be that person a player most have never seen perform and certainly Never at premiership level, yet seem to think he will be our saviour when clearly he would still be a gamble but a player we need to show patience with if he signs.
So much talk on here of Palace needing to flood the team with signings of youngsters when our priority should always be staying in the premiership, and that has always been Roy Hodgsons priority if not could well spell problems, when in reality we need a "happy" mix of youth and experience as Cahill has shown what experience brings even at nearly 36 yrs old he has been outstanding.
You need a "spine" of experience running through the middle of the team, and currently in goal Guiata gives us that quality, and for now Cahill and Tomkins offers rock solid stability in Central Defence, in Midfield we are still searching for that special player to knit things together someone like Cabaye, that is able to control things and make players tick around him. Finally we still need that special Striker that can work alongside Zaha and develop that side of his game, unfortunately the Benteke experiment has not worked hence why i still feel Batshuayi could be that player we need to complete that Spine.
Cahill like AWB has been a revelation Louie, and to a degree both were gambles. Obviously we do need a blend of experience but I just think that an injection of rated youth would inject some energy into our team. I'm not sure about Batshuayi even though he did well for us on loan. His transfer package would be big for a start and I'm not sure about his consistancy. For me an attacking midfield playmaker who can open up defences, rather than relying on Wilf is a priority, as well as a right sided full back and striker.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:25 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Think we’ll see Ferguson, a younger CB to replace sakho if he goes, someone like Fraser on a free and a striker. If wilf goes we’ll see more
Old 04-06-2020, 02:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinsussex View Post
Ferguson, Watkins, Eze and a bloody striker who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis......sorted
That would represent a quality summer transfer market and inject some new life into the squad .
Old 04-06-2020, 03:00 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinsussex View Post
We wish, but would be nice.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:05 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Cahill like AWB has been a revelation Louie, and to a degree both were gambles. Obviously we do need a blend of experience but I just think that an injection of rated youth would inject some energy into our team. I'm not sure about Batshuayi even though he did well for us on loan. His transfer package would be big for a start and I'm not sure about his consistancy. For me an attacking midfield playmaker who can open up defences, rather than relying on Wilf is a priority, as well as a right sided full back and striker.
There is no doubt we need an injection of youthfulness in the squad Darzet, like Ferguson at RB fits the bill and who clearly is rated by management to slot in when ready to do so. But crucially its Central Defence where there are players with question marks hanging over them becomes a priority like ageing Cahill and Dann,fitness of Tomkins also what happens with Sakho? as clearly we have to make a decision on his Palace future this summer, with that in mind i would like to see another CB added and for me Holding a commanding and cultured player at Arsenal, fits the bill perfectly.
Midfield is the head scratching position as clearly Meyer has not produced, so we badly need a Cabaye type to prompt and pull the strings but Who? a player i have always rated is the exciting McNeil at Burnley but he plays wide, could he be moved to play central? but then we would lose his pinpoint crossing from wide positions. As for Zaha, we must make every effort to get him to stay as he is crucial to what he adds when his head is right, also his current value would have been greatly reduced, but we also need to show him we have ambitions to progress.
As for the Striker role i really do feel bringing in a player (Batshuayi) with his pace and movement, also that is familar with the club also that has proved he can do the business and is liked by management is important, and i feel he will have a point to prove to Chelsea as a lot was expected but never given a proper chance.
But we know Darzet so much will depend on what funds the Board are willing to spend in these difficult times, it promises to be an interesting summer ahead to say the least.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There is no doubt we need an injection of youthfulness in the squad Darzet, like Ferguson at RB fits the bill and who clearly is rated by management to slot in when ready to do so. But crucially its Central Defence where there are players with question marks hanging over them becomes a priority like ageing Cahill and Dann,fitness of Tomkins also what happens with Sakho? as clearly we have to make a decision on his Palace future this summer, with that in mind i would like to see another CB added and for me Holding a commanding and cultured player at Arsenal, fits the bill perfectly.
Midfield is the head scratching position as clearly Meyer has not produced, so we badly need a Cabaye type to prompt and pull the strings but Who? a player i have always rated is the exciting McNeil at Burnley but he plays wide, could he be moved to play central? but then we would lose his pinpoint crossing from wide positions. As for Zaha, we must make every effort to get him to stay as he is crucial to what he adds when his head is right, also his current value would have been greatly reduced, but we also need to show him we have ambitions to progress.
As for the Striker role i really do feel bringing in a player (Batshuayi) with his pace and movement, also that is familar with the club also that has proved he can do the business and is liked by management is important, and i feel he will have a point to prove to Chelsea as a lot was expected but never given a proper chance.
But we know Darzet so much will depend on what funds the Board are willing to spend in these difficult times, it promises to be an interesting summer ahead to say the least.
Take your point about a young replacement centre half. Much depends on whether Sakho leaves, but with all the experienced centre halves on the books it would be a good time to nurture a youngster. Remeber the the great days when we introduced the likes of Jim Cannon and Billy Gilbert.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
This season defiantly looks like one where players are being cleared out of top clubs
Chelsea: Zouma, Barkley, Bats, maybe Abraham
Liverpool: Origi, Shaqiri , Lallana, Wilson, Marko Grujic, Lovren
All being linked for sale with big clubs trying to adjust their books.
Would be interesting where they end up as clubs like Palace won’t be spending 100k+ on wages anymore.