Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 12-06-2020, 02:10 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I think that the £40m plus Batshuyai that we all agreed on was fair enough. It would've gone through too were it not for all the pesky bureaucracy
Not by me it wasn't. Batshuayi needs Wilf here to be effective, otherwise don't be shocked if he goes all Benteke on us
Old 12-06-2020, 02:13 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Not by me it wasn't. Batshuayi needs Wilf here to be effective, otherwise don't be shocked if he goes all Benteke on us
100% this....
Old 12-06-2020, 02:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Suspect they would aim higher than wilf
Yeah, I don’t see how selling probably one of the top 5 forwards in the world and replacing him with Wilf makes much sense at all.

Mane, Sane, Ousmane Dembele, Sancho, I think that’s the level of player they’d aim for.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 12-06-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:31 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I suppose PSG aren’t renowned for an intelligent transfer policy, but the thing their front line needs is youth. Cavani, Icardi, Di Maria, Sarabia, even Neymar are old/ageing and are only going to get worse. Only Mbappe is young.

With Zaha, they’d be getting a player who doesn’t improve their first 11, and is going to be surplus to requirements in 2-4 years when his pace goes. Would just be a very poor move imo, but this is PSG, it wouldn’t be the most shocking thing ever.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 12-06-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:43 PM

Dave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I suppose PSG arenít renowned for an intelligent transfer policy, but the thing their front line needs is youth. Cavani, Icardi, Di Maria, Sarabia, even Neymar are old/ageing and are only going to get worse. Only Mbappe is young.

With Zaha, theyíd be getting a player who doesnít improve their first 11, and is going to be surplus to requirements in 2-4 years when his pace goes. Would just be a very poor move imo, but this is PSG, it wouldnít be the most shocking thing ever.
I think his pace has started to go already. Either that our he has been instructed to play deeper and then faces numerous opponents before he gets near the final third. Or he can't be arsed to try to go past people following last close season's failed transfer attempt. He is much more effective getting the ball in the final third and running at/past people.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Great way to prolong your career, save your body for champions league and get paid a lot.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes

There have also been many deals for Wilf involving multiple players in part exchange plus cash too!
Made me laugh at the time. So many people made it sound so simple and so certain that Chelsea would want him as soon as their transfer embargo ended. And so sure they would offer us a better deal than anyone else.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Think that would have been his destination if they hadnít got Ziyach (sp?) from Ajax for a much smaller fee then wilf would have cost.

Personally think unless a European club such as PSG come in he will be with us for rest of his career. Canít see any top PL paying the fee for him
I think it was always simplistic wishful thinking.
Old 13-06-2020, 05:25 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Made me laugh at the time. So many people made it sound so simple and so certain that Chelsea would want him as soon as their transfer embargo ended. And so sure they would offer us a better deal than anyone else.
All the pieces of the puzzle lay that way. What nobody banked on (I would even include Chelsea's hierarchy in this) was how well their young players would adapt to first team football.

For this move Zaha wouldn't need to move home, Chelsea do tend to pay higher transfer fees unlike Spurs and Arsenal, they win trophies and play in the Champions League regularly. if Zaha were to move on to a bigger club, then they would probably be the best fit... But now that Lampard has got a number of incredibly promising players in similar positions to Wilf, I think it will probably never happen.

I just think if he doesn't go in this window or the next, he'll never get a move to a bigger club. I don't have sympathy with him on this - he signed numerous contracts with us bumping up his pay. If he was really serious about moving on, he would have either had some sort release fee inserted, or not signed new deals with us.
Old 13-06-2020, 08:36 AM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
The bottom line on us continuing as a mid table club revolves around managing the Wilf situation. That could easily revolve around not selling him at all. We more or less get@£120m a year due to having him and lose an absolute shedload of money if we drop, far more than the loss of his fee. Not sure on pandemic implications granted but you not fussed about him? Be prepared for more or less 20 years of hurt again. I recall in 91/92 when Wright had gone and replacement Gabbiadini scored in a win at Anfield. I recall at that time thinking how that underlined that we had finally, at long last, become an established top flight outfit. Ok so Gabbs left but how well did we do to find Armstrong instead? Next season, down with no real foothold in the top flight for those 20 years.
Old 13-06-2020, 08:45 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
All the pieces of the puzzle lay that way.
I don't agree with that. The issue has always been that we view Zaha as a very special player because of what he brings to the tean/club and has done for years. Ask fans of other clubs, pundits, and they see a good player but one who is known to sulk when it doesn't go his way. Basically they just do not value Wilf ss much as we do, and it is because if he joined them, they would not be totally reliant on him delivering every week. What they do not see is an 80M star I am afraid. But this is good for us, as it means we have a great chance of keepimg him
Old 13-06-2020, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
All the pieces of the puzzle lay that way. What nobody banked on (I would even include Chelsea's hierarchy in this) was how well their young players would adapt to first team football.

For this move Zaha wouldn't need to move home, Chelsea do tend to pay higher transfer fees unlike Spurs and Arsenal, they win trophies and play in the Champions League regularly. if Zaha were to move on to a bigger club, then they would probably be the best fit... But now that Lampard has got a number of incredibly promising players in similar positions to Wilf, I think it will probably never happen.

I just think if he doesn't go in this window or the next, he'll never get a move to a bigger club. I don't have sympathy with him on this - he signed numerous contracts with us bumping up his pay. If he was really serious about moving on, he would have either had some sort release fee inserted, or not signed new deals with us.
I think the puzzle pieces only lay that way in the heads of the BBS. No one else wanted to stump up the big money we demanded / wanted. So people assumed that the club with the embargo (the one club who literally couldn't buy him) must really want him and be willing to cough up the money we wanted when they could. There was never any real evidence to back it up.
Old 13-06-2020, 10:01 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
I don't agree with that. The issue has always been that we view Zaha as a very special player because of what he brings to the tean/club and has done for years. Ask fans of other clubs, pundits, and they see a good player but one who is known to sulk when it doesn't go his way. Basically they just do not value Wilf ss much as we do, and it is because if he joined them, they would not be totally reliant on him delivering every week. What they do not see is an 80M star I am afraid. But this is good for us, as it means we have a great chance of keepimg him
Totally agree. He may have been worth 60-70m to us because he plays a major role in keeping us up. But he isn't worth anywhere near that in my opinion. 40m tops.
Old 13-06-2020, 10:04 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Totally agree. He may have been worth 60-70m to us because he plays a major role in keeping us up. But he isn't worth anywhere near that in my opinion. 40m tops.
I think you need good timing and some luck to get the right transfer deal. For example the guy that went from Swansea to Everton for £55m, no one else would have paid that and Everton had fresh money.
There just hasn't been the right club at the right time and there's every chance that may not happen now.
Old 13-06-2020, 10:17 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
£40m for Zaha?

Average full backs go for that these days.

He’s in his prime years and is proven at this level. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be worth £50-60m.

However, the problem as ever is that he’s worth more to us than we could probably hope to sell him for.
Old 13-06-2020, 10:30 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Allowing for the fact that he clearly wants a move, slight difference this year is that Premier League clubs might be more in the driving seat when it comes to buying players from abroad and the leagues below than in previous windows. The fee is only relevant relative to what his replacements will cost I suppose.
Old 13-06-2020, 11:16 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
£40m for Zaha?

Average full backs go for that these days.

Heís in his prime years and is proven at this level. I donít see why he wouldnít be worth £50-60m.

However, the problem as ever is that heís worth more to us than we could probably hope to sell him for.
There are parts of your assessments i agree with, unfortunately when we talk of current value we cant help to ignore just how poor he has been since his head was turned after the failure to move to Arsenal and even Everton, eventhough they have Both been poor and one is below us in the table which sadly showed his desperation to move regardless.
If he is still determined to move this summer then he needs to be moved on as an underperforming Zaha is wasted and expensive talent for CPFC, but who buys him? as he can only be valued on his form over the past season which has been poor, so i would say that is around £35m, then if you add his hefty wages there wont be many takers in these harsh financial times.
Wilf Zaha needs to accept his days at the very top Internationally is finished after choosing the Ivory Coast, also any chance of a move to a premiership top 5 club is remote and despite reports of PSG being interested for me is pie in the sky and only mentioned because of his new agents connections.
Stay at Palace Wilf and knuckle down but where you are appreciated by fans and management, you are very highly paid, but also accept you have missed the boat of a top move by 2 years, and if Palace for their part can bring in quality additions played alongside him then we are ALL on to a winner.
Old 13-06-2020, 11:41 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I think he would stay with us if we could show more ambition - I don’t mean that in a derogatory way about the club as you can’t spend what you don’t have. But if for example we got new owners and could invest more in the team, then he may be persuaded to stay. But I can imagine why he wants a crack at one of the top teams - he’s got the talent and he’d thrive in a more attacking team.
Old 13-06-2020, 12:03 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There are parts of your assessments i agree with, unfortunately when we talk of current value we cant help to ignore just how poor he has been since his head was turned after the failure to move to Arsenal and even Everton, eventhough they have Both been poor and one is below us in the table which sadly showed his desperation to move regardless.
If he is still determined to move this summer then he needs to be moved on as an underperforming Zaha is wasted and expensive talent for CPFC, but who buys him? as he can only be valued on his form over the past season which has been poor, so i would say that is around £35m, then if you add his hefty wages there wont be many takers in these harsh financial times.
Wilf Zaha needs to accept his days at the very top Internationally is finished after choosing the Ivory Coast, also any chance of a move to a premiership top 5 club is remote and despite reports of PSG being interested for me is pie in the sky and only mentioned because of his new agents connections.
Stay at Palace Wilf and knuckle down but where you are appreciated by fans and management, you are very highly paid, but also accept you have missed the boat of a top move by 2 years, and if Palace for their part can bring in quality additions played alongside him then we are ALL on to a winner.
PSG could buy Wilf for 40/50m with the intention of him being a squad player and still afford one of Sane/mane/sancho for example.

This might be wilfs best hope of ever getting a chance to prove himself at a higher level and our only chance of getting a significant fee for him.
Old 13-06-2020, 12:28 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I think he would stay with us if we could show more ambition - I donít mean that in a derogatory way about the club as you canít spend what you donít have. But if for example we got new owners and could invest more in the team, then he may be persuaded to stay. But I can imagine why he wants a crack at one of the top teams - heís got the talent and heíd thrive in a more attacking team.
We have been holding all the cards for the last 2 years since he signed that contract, it's not a case of him deciding whether he stays with us, it's whether we decide to sell him, which is only going to happen if the deal is right for the club.