Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 01-09-2020, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSirin View Post
Which is a bit odd because when I saw @Clapham_Grand repost the tweet about Leipzig offering us 20mil for Sorloth, I thought the story must have some truth to it. Not really sure who/what to believe at the moment.
Carl may well have been just making an educated guess/ opinion as well I suspect. I don't think he was stating it as fact.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
What the **** is going on? ��

Oh nothing. None of us know owt about it. Really happy to see someone start another thread of pure bullshit speculation.

Never change close season BBS, never change.
For the record, I didn't start a new "bullshit" thread.

I think a mod moved one of my posts from the Sorloth thread in GPD over to here and created a new thread to discuss the speculation.

Which was the right move too, by the way. This is a discussion board and this is the transfer forum, so why wouldn't/ shouldn't people discuss the speculation? If its "bullshit" to discuss this potential transfer then every thread in the forum is too.

That's why 'speculation' and 'rumour' are two of the headings. HTH

But you are right that none of us know what's going on
Old 01-09-2020, 05:11 PM

AdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Carl may well have been just making an educated guess/ opinion as well I suspect. I don't think he was stating it as fact.
Yeah, I guess that's probably the case. The Sorloth situation is shrouded in so much confusion and mystery and I just wish someone reputable would come out and explain what is and isn't possible in terms of transfers and precisely how we can benefit from it.

If there's any chance for Sorloth to graduate from the Turkish league to a strong Bundesliga team I can only assume he'd be very eager to take it, even if it means screwing over Trabzonspor. And if we can get somewhere in the region of 20-25 million euros for him, then that would be a major boost for us and our own transfer window ambitions. So unless there's a technical contractual reason for why things can't proceed like that, I just don't see any good reason why it wouldn't happen if Leipzig's interest is genuine. Everyone involved would win other than Trabzonspor, and they don't own Sorloth at this present moment so too bad for them.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:18 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For their excellent and shrewd manager to be very keen to sign Sorloth, he must cleary see a good player that he could improve further, only time will tell if we have egg on our face for our handling of him and not getting the best out of him.
If we can get 20m we should take it but with a stipulation of a 20% sell on clause.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:27 PM

AdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdaSirin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
For their excellent and shrewd manager to be very keen to sign Sorloth, he must cleary see a good player that he could improve further, only time will tell if we have egg on our face for our handling of him and not getting the best out of him.
If we can get 20m we should take it but with a stipulation of a 20% sell on clause.
With all of the apparent contractual complications involved, I don't think we necessarily have the strongest hand to play in negotiations. So if it's at all possible, I'd rather we simply get 20m euros for him and focus on our own transfer window dealings rather than getting bogged down too heavily in a three-way power struggle. We could easily end up the big losers in this situation, so I don't think we should be too demanding in our dealings with Leipzig.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking about it

The mail's take on it. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-09-2020, 06:01 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSirin View Post
With all of the apparent contractual complications involved, I don't think we necessarily have the strongest hand to play in negotiations. So if it's at all possible, I'd rather we simply get 20m euros for him and focus on our own transfer window dealings rather than getting bogged down too heavily in a three-way power struggle. We could easily end up the big losers in this situation, so I don't think we should be too demanding in our dealings with Leipzig.
I hear what you say and you make a valid arguement, but if they were willing to pay 17m euro plus add on's as an opening bid that would suggest there is opportunities to negotiate further, was my reasoning.
As i mentioned their manager is a shrewd guy and apparantely is very keen on him so cleary sees huge potential in Sorloth, which gives us a stronger hand i would suggest.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:07 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Trabzonspor are contractually commited to buying him for circa 6million Euros but can only do so at the end of the loan agreement. They can't currently buy or sell him.

Crystal Palace can sell him but would have to first terminate the loan agreement with Trabzonspor, at a cost.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:16 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don’t see how Trabzonspor would be able to buy him at the end of the year (unless they sell other players) without again breaching FFP especially as they are now out of European football and the revenue that would have brought.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Trabzonspor are contractually commited to buying him for circa 6million Euros but can only do so at the end of the loan agreement. They can't currently buy or sell him.

Crystal Palace can sell him but would have to first terminate the loan agreement with Trabzonspor, at a cost.
They are only obliged if he plays a certain number of games I thought
Old 01-09-2020, 06:21 PM

cpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So is Sorloth situation not as bad as first thought now? surely with these sort of figures being branded we will go big for a forward.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:22 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
And is it right the player can terminate the loan? Surely he would want to leave and join Leipzig this season particularly if we offered him a financial settlement.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:23 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:

If Sloth terminates the loan himself, are Palace still obliged to pay any fee to Trabzonspor, or is this just a return of partial loan payment?
Old 01-09-2020, 06:32 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
If Sloth terminates the loan himself, are Palace still obliged to pay any fee to Trabzonspor, or is this just a return of partial loan payment?
This is all i can find.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-09-2020, 07:39 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
You think he's worth more than 20m with add-ons?
I think you don't accept the first offer.

(he is worth what a club is willing to pay)
Old 01-09-2020, 09:52 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
A 9.5 million figure to buy your own player out of a loan makes zero sense.
It makes sense in the context that they were compelled to buy him at the end of the loan. So it is like a buy back clause in a permanent sale agreement.

I am not sure why all the negativity surrounding this. I was amazed that we were going to get 6 million euros for him, that we might get12-15 after paying off Trabzonspor is excellent news. It is certainly far beyond my wildest expectations when the loan deal was first announced
Old 01-09-2020, 09:56 PM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
True, but it's a lot of money to pay for your own player
Old 01-09-2020, 10:32 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
LOL Only Palace could possibly do a deal where they pay to sell their own player. One day we might, just might, get to the bottom of this bizarre deal
Old 01-09-2020, 10:34 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
LOL.

I was thinking that it would be typical for us to compound our bad investment.

Buy him back for 9m on the 'promise' that another club is gooing to pay us 20m. Then that club leaves us high and dry.

He returns to us and is pretty shite again in the Premier.

Now at a combined cost of close to 20 million.

Can you imagine...

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:43 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
It makes sense in the context that they were compelled to buy him at the end of the loan. So it is like a buy back clause in a permanent sale agreement.

I am not sure why all the negativity surrounding this. I was amazed that we were going to get 6 million euros for him, that we might get12-15 after paying off Trabzonspor is excellent news. It is certainly far beyond my wildest expectations when the loan deal was first announced
He cost 9M, it is being claimed we may have to give Trabzonspor 9M= 18M. Sell him to Leipzig for say 20-25M you are talking 7M max.