Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2020, 06:52 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
For me I take the knee in front of my computer every time I post.

Yeah, I'm making a difference. I'm so cool and Woke (whatever that is). Not embarrassed a bit, unless someone sees me.

Baptised a Roman Catholic, I took the knee so many times while growing up that my knees are now f*cked.

It was called genuflection back in the day.

Couldn't do it now even if the Pope turned up at Selhurst Park.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:10 PM

cp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Although you may not agree with the clubs messaging and the supposed political undertones, I’m sure you’re aware that the club do have good intentions. If the banners make you so sick, simply don’t look at them... in fact the club had been closely working with the HF to allow them to display a banner behind the goal in support of a local food bank, which was shown live on air and was hugely successful in helping raise money locally, this clearly shows the clubs heart is in the right place and is a great example of what a fan base and club can do when they come together and find ways to help the community and build a better future for people. Perhaps rather than dwelling on what you think is wrong, you could start actively getting involved in helping find solutions that help benefit people, sometimes a flip of perspective is needed.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Mmm not they way I read it. Of course those should be held accountable but is the way forward to get rid of the law enforcement totally?
I don't know if you've ever visited or lived there, but my first experience of approaching a cop to ask a question was him unfastening his sidearm. Makes you think.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:26 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
The “I don’t want politics in football” comment is always just a cop out too. Might as well just say “I actually have no interest in equality at all and seeing it at the football spoils my day out”.
Sorry but this is bollocks. I called out one of the idiots that's been banned from here for instigating the Tommy Robinson chants using the “I don’t want politics in football” comment.

Was I wrong?
Old 14-09-2020, 07:32 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Baptised a Roman Catholic, I took the knee so many times while growing up that my knees are now f*cked.

It was called genuflection back in the day.

Couldn't do it now even if the Pope turned up at Selhurst Park.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:35 PM

I H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Although the club has good intentions, surely it would have been a better idea to use “kick racism out of football” instead. That way the message stands and there is no controversy whatsoever.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:36 PM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I don't know if you've ever visited or lived there, but my first experience of approaching a cop to ask a question was him unfastening his sidearm. Makes you think.
I have visited many times but I have never had the need to approach a police officer, luckily it would seem
Old 14-09-2020, 07:39 PM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
If you enjoy their company, in the interests of conviviality, why not spend more time with them?

Please.
So please explain what I have said that warrants not being welcomed here? Presumably you don’t agree with what I have said, not much of a duscussiforum if everyone had to have the same views. I will continue to post on here when I feel like it.

Thanks
Old 14-09-2020, 07:44 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
So you’re all for removing poppies from football shirts too then?

What parts of the movement is “out of control”?
Poppies have nothing to do with religion or politics my friend.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:47 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
Sorry but this is bollocks. I called out one of the idiots that's been banned from here for instigating the Tommy Robinson chants using the “I don’t want politics in football” comment.

Was I wrong?

My comment was referring to people who use the “I don’t want politics in football” line as a cop out for what they really feel but are too afraid to say it. “All Lives Matter” and all that bollocks. These people fall into the category of being outraged that Sky Sports sacked three pundits and then suggest that the pundits that will replace them will all be there to fill the diversity quota. They want football for them and for no one else.

You were completely right to call out one of the idiots who instigated the TR chants. That sort of thing has no place in society full stop, let alone football.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:51 PM

cp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree, maybe it would have been better had the club decided to do that... regardless of the messaging chosen it’s a bit of a double edged sword for the club, there would be controversy with whatever messaging they decided to use.

Last edited by cp98; 14-09-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 14-09-2020, 08:15 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Although they have been politicised; mainly by the sort of people who claim to dislike the 'politicisation' of the anti-racist movement
Old 14-09-2020, 08:19 PM

Shifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
People need to realise the difference between saying that black lives matter and the organisation
Old 14-09-2020, 08:28 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Marxist seems to be a commonly thrown around barbed insult these days. I do wonder how much the people who use it know about the philosophy of Karl Marx. I'll be the first to admit, I don't know terribly much but it's on my to do list to gem up on.
Very good point!
Old 14-09-2020, 08:49 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
So anyone who is right wing is thick? A very sweeping statement

And accurate.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
And accurate.
Ffs
Old 14-09-2020, 09:18 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post

But people protesting for equality is political? What is political about wanting everyone to be treated the same?

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 14-09-2020, 09:32 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think about the act of clapping for the NHS workers, or putting a little rainbow in your window that your kid has made. It's an act ripe with political implications. If your political orientation led you in a certain direction, you might balk at the notion that a constituency that supported funding cuts that have undermined the health service could now be out there clapping; if you were otherwise orientated you might say that the campaign limits people's ability to be critical of the service in it's current form.

But fundamentally, I think we all understand that, on the whole, showing our appreciation for NHS workers (and other key workers) was a positive and worthwhile thing to do.

Not to nitpick, not to call caveat, not say 'all workers matter' - just to show your appreciation as a community.

We are at a point where we urgently need it to be acknowledged - it shouldn't have to be, but sadly it still does need to be - Black lives matter.

Not solely because of the organisation that was formed 6 or so years ago, or even because of the recent deaths, but because in many areas of our existence not mattering is the most deadly and limiting factor we face.

So you can balk at aspects of the rallying organisation's mission statement, or have other reservations, but fundamentally we are just asking you to affirm (and to maintain!) that our lives actually - you know... matter.

You don't have to take a knee. You don't have agree with de-funding (though it's actually a much richer idea than people realise). You don't have to agree with every single thing that someone that supports the movement says.

We just need you to recognise this about the black (and other marginalised people) that live among you - that every aspect of their lives matter. That's all.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:35 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Bravo superb
Old 14-09-2020, 09:38 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
But people protesting for equality is political? What is political about wanting everyone to be treated the same?
These Equality issues is a problem in society. I believe communication and togetherness in community’s is best way to solve this. Everyone should be treated same yes, protests for me is not a form of communication it raises tension. You can maybe tell I’m very liberal when it comes to politics neither left / right.
But obviously it’s a very complex situation/ subject.I’m not claiming to know answers just my opinion mate.