Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
And accurate.
And incapable of empathy.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:42 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Although they have been politicised; mainly by the sort of people who claim to dislike the 'politicisation' of the anti-racist movement
Yes good point and those people are as bad as the racists.
Old 15-09-2020, 06:16 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
And incapable of empathy.
So because I stated I post on HOL I am a thick racist incapable of empathy! Lot of clever posters on here who can evaluate a person they have never met or know anything about. Bravo
Old 15-09-2020, 07:40 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2020, 07:45 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
So because I stated I post on HOL I am a thick racist incapable of empathy! Lot of clever posters on here who can evaluate a person they have never met or know anything about. Bravo
You do realise that you are on a holy lefty echo chamber following the latest fashion in trying to outdo each other for a place on the moral high ground.

Personally I think watching the millionaires taking the knee has become somewhat cringeworthy, it should have ended at the end of last season. Do the players have a choice anyway, the way its framed you are either for it or are a racist. Classic passive aggressive. I can guarantee that when the crowds go back some in the crowd will be doing it and looking around with a holy, better than you, expression.

I go to football for one reason only, to watch Palace, I'm not interested in political campaigns or even a minutes silence for Uncle Bert who died aged 141 and went to a Palace game in 1957.

Stop it get on with the football.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:00 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
You do realise that you are on a holy lefty echo chamber following the latest fashion in trying to outdo each other for a place on the moral high ground.

Personally I think watching the millionaires taking the knee has become somewhat cringeworthy, it should have ended at the end of last season. Do the players have a choice anyway, the way its framed you are either for it or are a racist. Classic passive aggressive. I can guarantee that when the crowds go back some in the crowd will be doing it and looking around with a holy, better than you, expression.

I go to football for one reason only, to watch Palace, I'm not interested in political campaigns or even a minutes silence for Uncle Bert who died aged 141 and went to a Palace game in 1957.

Stop it get on with the football.
The ridiculous thing is, as far as I can remember, I made no comment either way on this. All I said I posted on HOL, bizarre
Old 15-09-2020, 08:27 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
The crude distinction between 'right' and 'left' politics is really very unhelpful. It ignores among others, the authoritarian / libertarian axis.

The sweeping statements about the hol are daft and people seem to be completely unaware of the irony.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:31 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
A common trait of "thickos" in my experience, is lack of nuance and the need to lump people into large groups of them and us. Happens across the political spectrum. Does happen rather a lot with the current regime - a favoured tactic even. I do not think that stems from being thick - it is rather more calculated and sinister.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:33 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
The crude distinction between 'right' and 'left' politics is really very unhelpful. It ignores among others, the authoritarian / libertarian axis.

The sweeping statements about the hol are daft and people seem to be completely unaware of the irony.
It is however true that their politics forum in particular is infested with some of the most disgusting bigots I have seen in 25 years of using what is now termed "social media" and the moderators have done bugger all about it for years. Obviously they are not all like that but it only takes a few rotten apples.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
It is however true that their politics forum in particular is infested with some of the most disgusting bigots I have seen in 25 years of using what is now termed "social media" and the moderators have done bugger all about it for years. Obviously they are not all like that but it only takes a few rotten apples.
Fair enough. I haven't looked. Am now intrigued!
Old 15-09-2020, 08:42 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Old 15-09-2020, 08:43 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Does happen rather a lot with the current regime - a favoured tactic even. I do not think that stems from being thick - it is rather more calculated and sinister.

Bit harsh on the mods.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:47 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I can guarantee that when the crowds go back some in the crowd will be doing it and looking around with a holy, better than you, expression.
If someone can do it in the old stand seats I will accept they are better than me. They should be on Britain's Got Talent in fact.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:51 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Think about the act of clapping for the NHS workers, or putting a little rainbow in your window that your kid has made. It's an act ripe with political implications. If your political orientation led you in a certain direction, you might balk at the notion that a constituency that supported funding cuts that have undermined the health service could now be out there clapping; if you were otherwise orientated you might say that the campaign limits people's ability to be critical of the service in it's current form.

But fundamentally, I think we all understand that, on the whole, showing our appreciation for NHS workers (and other key workers) was a positive and worthwhile thing to do.

Not to nitpick, not to call caveat, not say 'all workers matter' - just to show your appreciation as a community.

We are at a point where we urgently need it to be acknowledged - it shouldn't have to be, but sadly it still does need to be - Black lives matter.

Not solely because of the organisation that was formed 6 or so years ago, or even because of the recent deaths, but because in many areas of our existence not mattering is the most deadly and limiting factor we face.

So you can balk at aspects of the rallying organisation's mission statement, or have other reservations, but fundamentally we are just asking you to affirm (and to maintain!) that our lives actually - you know... matter.

You don't have to take a knee. You don't have agree with de-funding (though it's actually a much richer idea than people realise). You don't have to agree with every single thing that someone that supports the movement says.

We just need you to recognise this about the black (and other marginalised people) that live among you - that every aspect of their lives matter. That's all.
precisely
Old 15-09-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
But on here all HOL posters have been branded in the same light, which I personally find infantile. There are some rather extreme posters ( on both sides of the political argument), but never do you see the vile comments aimed at other posters as you do on here, simply because the moderators do issue warnings.
Old 15-09-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
You should I think that summary is somewhat over the top, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion ( or are we?)
Old 15-09-2020, 09:07 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Posted by the poster formerly known as MATov on here

A black person killed by a white has a rarity value. Hardly happens much at all. But a white person killed by a black? An every day occurrence. Can hardly expect that kind of story to receive similar coverage.

but I agree it is definitely not fair to say they are all the same they are not. A lot never go on the politics thread and of those that do there are a few who are neutral or liberal in their views.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 15-09-2020, 09:10 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Posted by the poster formerly known as MATov on here

A black person killed by a white has a rarity value. Hardly happens much at all. But a white person killed by a black? An every day occurrence. Can hardly expect that kind of story to receive similar coverage.

but I agree it is definitely not fair to say they are all the same they are not. A lot never go on the politics thread and of those that do there are a few who are neutral or liberal in their views.
To be fair to Twatov, he disliked everyone who was'nt English, apart from his Mrs who he was very sensitive about
Old 15-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
The ridiculous thing is, as far as I can remember, I made no comment either way on this. All I said I posted on HOL, bizarre

Birds of a feather.
Old 15-09-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Birds of a feather.
What a nonsense reply, you know nothing about me or my personal circumstances so it may be about time you grew up