Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who is your MotM?
Hennessey 38 28.79%
Kelly 3 2.27%
Woods ** 0 0%
Innis 18 13.64%
Jach 41 31.06%
Kirby *** 5 3.79%
Milivojevic 0 0%
Meyer 14 10.61%
Eze 2 1.52%
Schlupp * 4 3.03%
Batshuayi 2 1.52%
Ayew * 0 0%
Sakho ** 0 0%
Townsend *** 5 3.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-09-2020, 11:16 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh and I’m worried that tonight was a warning about what may happen more often than not with Eze in that ‘Loftus-Cheek’ role left of a 4-4-2. Didn’t work at all
Old 15-09-2020, 11:31 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Eze deffo looks a bit lost at times, thought that inbhis ten min cameo to be fair. I think he will end up on the wing.
Old 15-09-2020, 11:40 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Yeah totally agree these 3 can hold head high..I think If Kirby wouldn’t of got knock he would of been same.

Meyer was very good at times MOM. He had many spells where he was completely running game. Have to feel slightly sorry for him. Never gets played in his best position. Playing with Luka I think helps because he is a firm protection in the 2.

Hennersey clearly been playing too much golf with Bale...FOUR!!!!!
If only Max could get more games against Championship reserve teams....
Old 15-09-2020, 11:41 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe walker View Post
Oh and I’m worried that tonight was a warning about what may happen more often than not with Eze in that ‘Loftus-Cheek’ role left of a 4-4-2. Didn’t work at all
I don’t think you can draw any useful conclusions from the match at all. Just pointless to try. The whole match was played by both sides as if it was a training session with little to no urgency and I don’t think Eze even attempted to open up their defence or step inside and drive, instead tapping it back or to the side. He wasn’t alone. I don’t think the middle 2 even attempted anything more than a tap to the side in the first half.

I don't know what was in their minds but it looked as if they treated it like pre-season and losing gives them more time to prepare over next 2 weeks rather than have this Carabao distraction. Another year maybe we should have a go but in our current state I am happy to let it slide. My guess is the ‘management’ in the widest sense will be happy with that too although won’t admit it I am sure.
Old 15-09-2020, 11:48 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yep. Hennessey was the least of our problems tonight.

Kirby wasted by far the biggest chance of the 90 minutes.

Eze and Batshuayi disappointed and no one else really impressed.

After the 90 mins was up, Wayne was my Palace MOTM. He think he certainly should have saved at least one more spot kick but he did stop one and I'm not going to crucify him for missing his kick (which was nowhere near as far off as people are making out).
I assume you mean the Schlupp cross? Kirby seemed to expect it to be cut out and had his feet wrong when it arrived. Felt for him because his earlier shot was impressive after the awful set up which was like a comedy sketch. Schlupp mad e nice pass into Bats feet too and one other moment but he has failed to capitalise in these runs further up the pitch. He is creating stuff, he can turn his man, pick a pass and strike the ball but it’s not coming together yet for him. I think it will but maybe needs just that bit of luck with the first one. We need goals from him this season. Kirby did OK but not quite as well as I was hoping. I think he is close to being a candidate but just think he is missing something still that game time might put right and so needs a busy loan somewhere.
Old 16-09-2020, 01:44 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
What really blows my mind is that we a kept clean sheet over 90 mins with Jach, Inness and Woods in defence.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:06 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Not surprised Bournemouth looked up for it. This was their big game of the season. Had they lost it may have been the only chance they had to play Premier League opposition.

Not bothered at all with our non performance. Most of them played at training pace and looked like they didn’t want to get injured.

Did anyone see Roy at the end of the game? Never seen him happier! Was greeting people off the pitch like we’d just won the cup.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-09-2020, 04:20 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Not disappointed at all, especially knowing the next tie.

Good to get some minutes for Michy, eze and sakho and Co and hopefully no Injuries
Old 16-09-2020, 04:53 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Schlupp and Kirby at least had a bit of energy but no one stood out
Old 16-09-2020, 04:57 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I thought Kirby, Schlupp, Eze and Batshuayi were all very poor tonight if I'm honest.
* Disappointed with Eze, but it was played at training ground pace, and he's not fully fit.

* Schlupp will never be a top class striker or left midfield player because he lacks the intensity. He needs the discipline and certainty of responsibility, plus more time on the ball, that he can get at left back imho. First XI standard left back, squad filler everywhere else despite immense physical talent. (That's not to say he's a great left back because he is dopy and switches off.)

* Batshuayi, offers nothing to a team that can't create. £30m Let's hope we sign another winger, and Wilf stays.
Old 16-09-2020, 05:00 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Not surprised Bournemouth looked up for it. This was their big game of the season. Had they lost it may have been the only chance they had to play Premier League opposition.

Not bothered at all with our non performance. Most of them played at training pace and looked like they didn’t want to get injured.

Did anyone see Roy at the end of the game? Never seen him happier! Was greeting people off the pitch like we’d just won the cup.
Exactly, they had more Premier League quality players in their XI than we did as well! 0-0 was Royball at its finest. Great to get some minutes into some of our players lacking match fitness. No wonder Hodgson was happy. Bring on the w@nkers!!
Old 16-09-2020, 05:05 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not usually bothered due to focus on the league but is this not a cup a club like us should be doing its best to try and win? What’s the point otherwise?
Old 16-09-2020, 05:16 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I don’t see the point of the league cup. Man City or Chelsea can usually get to the final with their reserves and then put a strong team out for the final
Old 16-09-2020, 05:32 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All this game said to me was that Roy can set up a poor side not to concede against another poor side .
Its basically a reserve team cup , and it showed .
Old 16-09-2020, 06:22 AM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who cares? Less important than a pre-season friendly, and saves a humiliation against City.
Comedy value with the shoot out though. Is this a record?
Old 16-09-2020, 06:26 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I don’t really care to be honest. Was run out for those that lacked minutes and saves us later in the season with a congested fixture list
Congested fixture list? I call bollocks. Since we've been in the Premiershite, it's been 3 games a month in August, September and October plus any cup games. Hardly congested. They have just had 8move the 3 August games.

Theres 38 games a season in the premiershite, 46 in Championship

Up to 25 man squads.

Stop swallowing this fixture congestion drivel. This argument only helps the top six. Like 5 subs.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 16-09-2020, 06:31 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
All this game said to me was that Roy can set up a poor side not to concede against another poor side .
Its basically a reserve team cup , and it showed .
I think Roys attitude towards the game was wrong. The team should have been set up to win, we should be trying to win these games to give fringe players game time in proper competetive circumstances.

So what, we lose to city in the next round. At least management get to see fringe players making an effort.

I understand that Jach,Inniss and Kirby didn't do too badly last night
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 16-09-2020, 06:39 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
A head-scratchingly strange game to watch at times, but with two centre backs at full back we had no width or overlap, our two wide players natuarally drift inside, one of our strikers was rusty and the other striker wasn't a striker. There were a number of youth (Innis is our bad boy Peter Pan) and players that would never usually get a first team start, most looked like it was a training excersize where the objective was to get fit and not risk injury at any cost. We looked a bit confused in our approach, but the above should explain why.

We barely got out of first gear, they made it to third, but they still couldn't score in open play even though they fielded more PL experienced players - we defended well overall. It didn't have the same feeling as it usually does when we get knocked out early, fingers crossed we have a squad capable of giving us an FA Cup run.
Old 16-09-2020, 06:46 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Wayne, because he made me laugh out loud.

Old 16-09-2020, 06:49 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe walker View Post
You’re more generous than me. I just assumed they didn’t want the ball to feet so were playing it safe. There was a moment when Meyer gave it back to Jach in a tight spot and he couldn’t have looked less happy to have received it!

Not mad at that though. This is likely a higher level than any of those three will end up, and they did well in the circumstances keeping a clean sheet.

As you say the main downside was the long balls to an attack that is generally not an aerial threat, but in terms of pure defensive work it was better than I think most were expecting against most of Bournemouth’s first team
but i thought jach was our best passer , he received it in a lot of tight areas and still managed to get passes off. he put in a lovely cross second half too! dont get me wrong jack and innis are not ready for them prem, but this could help us to offload them!