Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who is your MotM?
Hennessey 38 28.79%
Kelly 3 2.27%
Woods ** 0 0%
Innis 18 13.64%
Jach 41 31.06%
Kirby *** 5 3.79%
Milivojevic 0 0%
Meyer 14 10.61%
Eze 2 1.52%
Schlupp * 4 3.03%
Batshuayi 2 1.52%
Ayew * 0 0%
Sakho ** 0 0%
Townsend *** 5 3.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-09-2020, 06:57 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I donít think you can draw any useful conclusions from the match at all. Just pointless to try. The whole match was played by both sides as if it was a training session with little to no urgency and I donít think Eze even attempted to open up their defence or step inside and drive, instead tapping it back or to the side. He wasnít alone. I donít think the middle 2 even attempted anything more than a tap to the side in the first half.

I don't know what was in their minds but it looked as if they treated it like pre-season and losing gives them more time to prepare over next 2 weeks rather than have this Carabao distraction. Another year maybe we should have a go but in our current state I am happy to let it slide. My guess is the Ďmanagementí in the widest sense will be happy with that too although wonít admit it I am sure.
Martin I think youíll find thatís how Eze played for a lot of the time last season, watched him a lot . He needs to improve and thrust forward . Hope our coaches are working with him because heís not the finished article yet and can be quite frustrating ,particularly when we are used to the likes of Wilf and yannick.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:00 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Saves the squad a wasted trip to Manchester next week.
Absolutely. That would make it two trips to Manchester in a week which is no good for anyone. Good to get game time in for Eze, Bats and Sakho. Move on.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:01 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I genuinely thought Hennessey was our best player in the 90 minutes. Didn't make any mistakes, one good save, one very good one.

Shame about his shoot - out performance but he did save one and I didn't really want to win anyway. So he may have done well there as well.
Really , missed a cross , distribution not great , kicked it out a couple of times in our own half , one decent save in the game . He fell like a log for some of those pens .? Admittedly he wasnít awful but all of the old question marks were still there.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:02 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I assume you mean the Schlupp cross? Kirby seemed to expect it to be cut out and had his feet wrong when it arrived. Felt for him because his earlier shot was impressive after the awful set up which was like a comedy sketch. Schlupp mad e nice pass into Bats feet too and one other moment but he has failed to capitalise in these runs further up the pitch. He is creating stuff, he can turn his man, pick a pass and strike the ball but itís not coming together yet for him. I think it will but maybe needs just that bit of luck with the first one. We need goals from him this season. Kirby did OK but not quite as well as I was hoping. I think he is close to being a candidate but just think he is missing something still that game time might put right and so needs a busy loan somewhere.
Yep. The one he didn't connect with. You are right that he also had our best effort at goal a bit earlier though.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:05 AM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Whilst it’s no stress we are out, had it been sorloth and benteke instead of Eze and Bats we’d be slamming them for wasted opportunities against a slow and bang average championship side. Surly in games like this the guys that come in really try and displace and prove they are starters.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:05 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Really , missed a cross , distribution not great , kicked it out a couple of times in our own half , one decent save in the game . He fell like a log for some of those pens .? Admittedly he wasnít awful but all of the old question marks were still there.
I honestly can't remember him missing a cross but that may say something about the lack of quality and how boring it was. My attention did drift at times.

But I thought he did his job fairly well.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Watched via text feed, totally unimportant and reduced to no more than a warm up match by the timing. Chance to show off some fringe players like Jach, and get minutes for players lacking in them like Luka & Eze. Anyone saying the season is not congested clearly can’t see that having two internationals before the first game, then the first two rounds played on consecutive weeks, while still having PL games makes for crap games like this.

Move on and forget, and hopefully next year we will start to be able to play even more good U23 players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-09-2020, 07:13 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Before the game i was quite excited about our attack and worried about our defence. It actually panned out the other way, the back 4 were pretty solid but we offered zero creativity and nearly zero in the final third. No more injuries is the only positive to take from that borefest.

Hennessey is one of my least favourite palace players of all time. how the hell has he forged a career at a PL side? Before his joke of a pen he could've saved 2 maybe 3 awful pens from bournemouth. Total clown who we seem stuck with until the end of his career.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:15 AM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
And all the old agendas as well...
Old 16-09-2020, 07:18 AM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just seen the Hennesey pen LOL.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 16-09-2020, 07:19 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Letís not kid ourselves. This was about putting 4 players in the shop window to either loan or sell, and fitness minutes for some players further forward
Old 16-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Letís not kid ourselves. This was about putting 4 players in the shop window to either loan or sell, and fitness minutes for some players further forward
And probably some pretty strong messages about avoiding injury chances as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-09-2020, 07:24 AM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
If only Max could get more games against Championship reserve teams....
Kelly, Cook , Brooks, Arter, Billing. Solanke and Lerma came on Was hardly reserves.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:34 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Luka with his 2nd one.

Wayne saved from Begovic for a chance to make himself a hero. The ball is still in orbit!
So he made Pemberton's penalty look a close effort?

Two balls forever in orbit around the Earth.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:36 AM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is it just me but do we always seem to struggle against teams playing 3 at the back?
Old 16-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Meyer, Inniss and Jach the only ones to come out of the game with any sort of credit for me.

Subs improved us when they came on. Sakho was clearly the best defender when he made his arrival, Townsend was the first player to actually put any effort in and Ayew well he replaced Schlupp so it was a low bar.
I think that's a plus against a team that was Premier league last season albeit somewhat shorn of star players like Wilson and Ake
Old 16-09-2020, 07:52 AM

MAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why was Roy not happy about the third round being drawn at the same time as the second?
Old 16-09-2020, 07:54 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Really , missed a cross , distribution not great , kicked it out a couple of times in our own half , one decent save in the game . He fell like a log for some of those pens .? Admittedly he wasn’t awful but all of the old question marks were still there.
one maybe two the rest he was actually damn close to getting.

Take off you SH!t hate glasses
Old 16-09-2020, 07:55 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Kelly, Cook , Brooks, Arter, Billing. Solanke and Lerma came on Was hardly reserves.
sadly many on here just have agendas against players
Old 16-09-2020, 08:03 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Meyer, Inniss and Jach the only ones to come out of the game with any sort of credit for me.

Subs improved us when they came on. Sakho was clearly the best defender when he made his arrival, Townsend was the first player to actually put any effort in and Ayew well he replaced Schlupp so it was a low bar.
Let me say firstly i did not see the game and i am not going to comment on indvidual performances. But it is staggering yet pleasing to read your view that Meyer, Inniss and Jach players who get slatted on here for being useless were the stars of the game as far as Palace were concerned.
Oh well, unfortunately now there will be no competitive games for our "fringe" players to test them with, as these competitions give us the chance to test the ability of these players, and we should take these games more seriously to try and progress as far as possible as it creates a winning mentality for players and also lifts the spirits/expectancy of our fans, all be it in a sub standard competition.