Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-09-2020, 09:11 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
less than 20m and 100k pw and it's a no brainer. but he can be a bit part player and win leagues/cups better elsewhere so i doubt he'd ever come
Old 16-09-2020, 09:16 AM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought he'd come out with a point to prove after Chelsea's business in the transfer market, but he was dreadful against Brighton.

I loved him in his time here, we played some great stuff with him combining with Zaha. That being said, his injuries are a huge concern and we have effectively replaced his role with Eze.
Old 16-09-2020, 09:17 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Nah. He has a deep rooted underlying back problem I think that will hinder his career until he retires. I think he'll always be a half a season player in terms of appearances. Good player mind, but not worth it.
Old 16-09-2020, 09:26 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Massively over rated IMHO.

Think some put the blinkers on when it comes to his time here, he had games or moments of brilliance no doubt but I think many on here have just convinced themselves he was ten times better than he actually was.

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 16-09-2020, 09:28 AM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's too good for us, so unlikely.
Old 16-09-2020, 09:35 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Think some put the blinkers on when it comes to his time here, he had games or moments of brilliance no doubt but I think many on here have just convinced themselves he was ten times better than he actually was.
You are getting rlc and cabbage confused
Old 16-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
If you are talking about Cabaye then wow, totally the wrong way round.

But then it's all about opinions

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 16-09-2020, 11:33 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Completely agree. A few good performances in the run in when we were safe and playing some nice football. He was injured during the good run we went on mid season.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:42 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
He was and is a very good player and would walk into our team but we can't take the risk with his injury record.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 16-09-2020, 11:47 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Completely agree. A few good performances in the run in when we were safe and playing some nice football. He was injured during the good run we went on mid season.
No. He displayed glimpses of his natural ability, but overrated by many of our fans. At Chelsea he will struggle because of game time and his inability to influence games. His chronic back issues sound like they'll hamper his career and it feels like he is always chasing match fitness. Technically very very good, but I still feel he could have delivered more during his time with us.
As for Yohan......sorely missed and never been replaced
Old 16-09-2020, 11:50 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Given his injury problems, I was shocked to see he made 40 appearances under Sarri across all competitions and scored 10 goals that season.

Clearly second-hand smoking is the cure for what ails him.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:53 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Yes, I know he has a long standing back problem that needs to be managed, and he's had his fair share of serious injuries. He's also currently wedded to Chelsea. However on Monday night he flunked his big opportunity at No10. They have Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO, Mount, Barkley with several due back in the coming weeks. He's not going to get the game time there. He liked it at Palace.

It may dawn on him eventually, as he loses his place in the England squad, that his career is going nowhere at Chelsea. If he really wants to continue his career rather than just take the money, he will have to move on.

We are supposedly looking for a centre mid. He has played as a holding mid before, he did well under FdB on the right side of midfield and also on the left under Hodgson in our current 4-4-2. He is not a No10, he wants to play box-to-box. He is 6'3", physical with a good passing range and ball-carrying ability. He could play next to one of our defensive mids further down the line if we were willing to be more expansive.

I'm not saying we go for him in this window, but perhaps in January when he becomes disillusioned with what is happening at Chelsea we might have a chance? Permanent transfer only please.
It would have been a great thing to see him at Palace, GF, but that ship has sailed, for all the reasons listed here. A CM that can retain the ball and make incisive passes remains a priority though.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:53 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
We tried everything to get him .... he wants Chelsea ... obviously thinks we're shity little Palace ... so **** him!
Old 16-09-2020, 11:58 AM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Nah. He has a deep rooted underlying back problem I think that will hinder his career until he retires. I think he'll always be a half a season player in terms of appearances. Good player mind, but not worth it.
Completely agree. Not for us. Time we moved on.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I am sure this has been posted above somewhere but I do have a sneaky feeling this morning that the other midfielder that we have been working on for 6 months may turn out to be Reuben. I can't say I believe this but it does fit.

- Roy loves him and he could play in the RLC slot..... or pretty much anywhere across the middle or up front. Fits the brief. Has even played DM for Chelsea's U23s for a season.
- 24 years old - a player for the future.
- could well be down the pecking order
- knows the club, local, needs to be playing
- we must understand his medical situation better than most and if there any positives in there (not obvious from afar) we should know them
- would add badly needed height

OK, I could create a long list of why we wouldn't be buying him but for some reason it feels likely all of a sudden and yesterday it didn't. I would be nervous every time he hit the deck but IF he could stay fit he might have the impact in midfield that would transform us.

No ..... surely not. it would be such a Parish thing though wouldn't it?
Sakho.....
Benteke.....
Old 16-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yup.

Even that game (Watford?) where he scored and assisted he had a generally anonymous match until 20 to go.
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am sure this has been posted above somewhere but I do have a sneaky feeling this morning that the other midfielder that we have been working on for 6 months may turn out to be Reuben. I can't say I believe this but it does fit.

- Roy loves him and he could play in the RLC slot..... or pretty much anywhere across the middle or up front. Fits the brief. Has even played DM for Chelsea's U23s for a season.
- 24 years old - a player for the future.
- could well be down the pecking order
- knows the club, local, needs to be playing
- we must understand his medical situation better than most and if there any positives in there (not obvious from afar) we should know them
- would add badly needed height

OK, I could create a long list of why we wouldn't be buying him but for some reason it feels likely all of a sudden and yesterday it didn't. I would be nervous every time he hit the deck but IF he could stay fit he might have the impact in midfield that would transform us.

No ..... surely not. it would be such a Parish thing though wouldn't it?
Sakho.....
Benteke.....
I mean as theCoach pointed out, all of our signings and players we are signing look like club signings more than Roy ones to be honest.

But I still don't think we will be trying to get him. What are his wages like?
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
He's too good for us, so unlikely.
No he really isn't.
Old 16-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post

You rate RLC as better than Cabaye? LMFAO!!!!
Old 16-09-2020, 12:09 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
He doesn't want to come here.

Thinks he's a Champions League elite player and should be playing for England and a Champions League elite club, Chelsea.

In fairness I think Frank will give him his chance to prove he is good enough, I hope his body allows him that chance as well.

My view is he is going to be a bit part player at that level and sadly his back issues will inevitably lead to more and more frequent groin and pelvic injuries, football is particularly punishing in this respect.

Not a player for us, he served us well in a couple of short spells, we served him better. As his England career trajectory shows, he has gone backwards since he left us.

Like Wilshere that bright England future will be behind him in no time.

We have Eze. If we don't have to replace Wilf then I would prefer to buy a young box to box midfielder like Gallagher rather than another overpaid over-rated sicknote