Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-08-2019, 06:52 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Played Deal yesterday, really enjoyed it. A classic links course, but a very fair one.

One of our party turned out to a be a Palace season ticket holder, but I entirely forgot to ask if he posts on here
Old 16-08-2019, 07:24 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Probably a good thing. What did you shoot? Weather window was good yesterday
Old 16-08-2019, 07:53 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Probably a good thing. What did you shoot? Weather window was good yesterday
Played foursomes and fourballs so was not keeping count. But drove the green on the 5th to a foot for an eagle in the morning which was flukey.

In the afternoon missed a 6 footer for another Eagle on the par 5 14th?

I think I had 12 pars a bogey and birdie and four blobs, that's good for me.

Last edited by adrenalin john; 16-08-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 16-08-2019, 06:35 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Played foursomes and fourballs so was not keeping count. But drove the green on the 5th to a foot for an eagle in the morning which was flukey.

In the afternoon missed a 6 footer for another Eagle on the par 5 14th?

I think I had 12 pars a bogey and birdie and four blobs, that's good for me.
What about the eagle?
Old 16-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
What about the eagle?
Reading between the lines, that was his birdie
Old 16-08-2019, 07:33 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
What a golf course Swinley Forest is. Singles in the morning, greensomes in the afternoon and a 3 course lunch in between. It was damn tough in 36 degrees and I was in a buggy ! Those who were walking looked beaten men. Absolute pleasure and privilege to play it though.
Yep but they donít do evenings for dinners for golf day and you have to wear a suit at lunch. Golf day there a few years back. Food was so good I had large plaice starter, big carvery, help yourself syrup sponge and custard and loads of red wine. Time I got to tee off I was almost asleep
Old 16-08-2019, 11:31 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Reading between the lines, that was his birdie
If he missed a 1 foot putt as well as three putting from 6 feet then he needs to have a serious look at himself!
Old 17-08-2019, 07:03 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Yep but they donít do evenings for dinners for golf day and you have to wear a suit at lunch. Golf day there a few years back. Food was so good I had large plaice starter, big carvery, help yourself syrup sponge and custard and loads of red wine. Time I got to tee off I was almost asleep
Ha ha yes the lunch is amazing. There was a jacket amnesty as it was the day it got to 38 degrees or so. A bit old fashioned granted, but I like a bit of tradition every now and again
Old 17-08-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
If he missed a 1 foot putt as well as three putting from 6 feet then he needs to have a serious look at himself!

Weíve all done it !
Old 17-08-2019, 09:06 AM
I'm just cheese

I’ve never been a member anywhere or had an official handicap but have always played off about 18. Playing better recently and had some better scores so would be about 15 or so. The one thing I struggle with is driver - literally anything can happen! I usually get a decent strike, but capable of hooking or slicing and occasionally sky it or top it. So annoying. Most common bad shot is a slice but can’t seem to find a way to be consistent with it - last weekend I hit a few beauties and some utterly woeful ones. Annoying as the rest of my game has become pretty solid and driving is what ruins my scores.

Played at Birchwood a couple of weeks ago and pushed a drive on the 10th onto the 18th fairway - it was also not a long hole but left 250 to the green, I was annoyed about another poor drive so went for it with 3 wood and hit the green about 20 foot for eagle which I made for my first one ever on a par 5.

Last weekend at South Essex I did almost exactly the same thing on the 1st hole but hit the green with a 5 iron from 250 (drive was better and wind behind) hit the green and made the putt from 15 feet or so.

Never had an eagle in 10 years then get 2 in 2 weeks! I won’t mention the fact I then got an 8 on the easy 2nd hole straight after the one last week.
Old 17-08-2019, 09:13 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iíve never been a member anywhere or had an official handicap but have always played off about 18. Playing better recently and had some better scores so would be about 15 or so. The one thing I struggle with is driver - literally anything can happen! I usually get a decent strike, but capable of hooking or slicing and occasionally sky it or top it. So annoying. Most common bad shot is a slice but canít seem to find a way to be consistent with it - last weekend I hit a few beauties and some utterly woeful ones. Annoying as the rest of my game has become pretty solid and driving is what ruins my scores.
sounds exactly like my game !!