Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-01-2016, 08:48 PM
-=AWM=-

heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!heinz 57 knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Purely curiousity, but are you planning on getting any artwork done for the book? One of my brothers did some bits for OMP, including the One More Pint eagle, a particular favourite of mine.
Old 29-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow. I assume you're talking about Andy. I've been wondering how to get back in touch with him. Would love to get him involved somehow - just been writing about the T-shirt he designed for us!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 29-01-2016, 08:03 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Beers at HT View Post
Was that Grimsby away? Didn't we leave someone dead to the world in the minibus during the game?

3 beer stops on the way home!!

I vaguely remember that npw you mention it. By rights that should have been me. More beer that day for me than any day of my life. Started with a can of Fosters poured over my cornflakes and ended with Tyson v Bruno (2nd fight.)

BY the time it was over I was the only bloke in the world in a worse state than Bruno!

Old 29-01-2016, 03:23 PM

Biscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Wow. I assume you're talking about Andy. I've been wondering how to get back in touch with him. Would love to get him involved somehow - just been writing about the T-shirt he designed for us!
Hello,Chris. Craig is talking about me! He just WhatsApp'd me to say you were on here. I'm looking forward to reading your book, they were such great times!

Andy.
Old 31-01-2016, 11:39 AM

Great to hear from you Andy

Just a word of advice, when you're walking back to Leicester station - keep your scarf covered up!! Ouch!

Do you still put your artistic skills to use?

Old 31-01-2016, 05:59 PM

Biscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not really, Chris. I could still do it though. You don't forget how to draw.

Speaking of Leicester and fanzines, do you remember that I got a mention in Brian Moore's Head for kissing that steward and waving at the Leicester fans? You were so drunk in that pub outside the station that I didn't think we would make it into the ground. And we had to make a pretty quick exit after you'd redecorated one of their cubicles!
Old 01-02-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitboffin View Post
Not really, Chris. I could still do it though. You don't forget how to draw.

Speaking of Leicester and fanzines, do you remember that I got a mention in Brian Moore's Head for kissing that steward and waving at the Leicester fans? You were so drunk in that pub outside the station that I didn't think we would make it into the ground. And we had to make a pretty quick exit after you'd redecorated one of their cubicles!
You got in BMH? Kissed a steward? Waved at Leicester fans?

I was obviously more drunk than I thought. Don't remember any of that.

To be fair in researching this book I've found out the truth of why I got quite so wasted i.e. my drinks were spiked and the landlord thought it was hilarious.....until I threw up everywhere and he barred me from the pub.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:26 PM

Chris, I know some of the FYP boys. Mentioned about your book to one of them earlier and he hadn't heard about it. Any plans to use something from them? I can put you in touch if you're not already.
Old 28-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How's this progressing?
Old 23-04-2017, 09:07 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
How's this progressing?
been a while since this thread's been touched, just wondered how everything is developing with this?
Old 22-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Morning all

I thought there was a thread somewhere about Eagle Eye, but I can't find it, then came across this one (which I must have a read through when I get a minute). Hi Cris!

For people with an interest in fanzines, we've just launched an Eagle Eye blog written by members of the old editorial team. Having mostly stopped EE for family and work reasons we've now come out the other end and have a little more time available. As most of us waffle on via Whatsapp these days, we thought it would be nice to have something a bit more expansive.

We only launched it yesterday and are still trying to get to grips with how it all works, but there's a couple of bits live now... you can see it at To view the link you have to Register or Login (note only one e in the middle of 'eagleye', which we didn't notice until too late and might be a critical mistake, but we'll see... wouldn't be us if it wasn't stupidly shambolic).

Launched with a 4-1 defeat at the Arse... feels like we've never been away. Hope you like it, let us know what you think.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
How's this progressing?
Apologies for the ridiculous delay in responding.

4 year gap in production but this lockdown gave me the perfect opportunity to finish off what I started in 2015.

40000+ word count passed today and I must say, I had no idea how much fun it would be writing about the OMP issues covering 1994-95! Been dreading that season after the fun of 1993-94 and just never got round to it until now.

Crazy how much stuff happened that season, despite the relegation.

I'll put out the call again like at the start of this thread. I'll be delighted to hear from anyone who has any memories of the 60 issues that were done or any observations of Palace in 1993-2003 in general.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyeur View Post
Happy Birthday OMP "still only 1"

Had good, if occasional, times drinking with your gang in the Cherries back in the day. Even wrote an article under name Emerald Eagle. Had to be done really.
You'll be pleased to know Brendan that your effort in Issue 7, was put in the book as of 3 days ago, some 25+ years after that drunken Cherry Trees evening

Old 09-04-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Morning all

I thought there was a thread somewhere about Eagle Eye, but I can't find it, then came across this one (which I must have a read through when I get a minute). Hi Cris!

For people with an interest in fanzines, we've just launched an Eagle Eye blog written by members of the old editorial team. Having mostly stopped EE for family and work reasons we've now come out the other end and have a little more time available. As most of us waffle on via Whatsapp these days, we thought it would be nice to have something a bit more expansive.

We only launched it yesterday and are still trying to get to grips with how it all works, but there's a couple of bits live now... you can see it at To view the link you have to Register or Login (note only one e in the middle of 'eagleye', which we didn't notice until too late and might be a critical mistake, but we'll see... wouldn't be us if it wasn't stupidly shambolic).

Launched with a 4-1 defeat at the Arse... feels like we've never been away. Hope you like it, let us know what you think.
Just tried this link (two years late) and it doesn't work. Did this concept get off the ground? Is it still going somwhere?

Old 17-04-2020, 03:03 PM

Can anyone recall why Chris Amstrong swore at us home fans when he scored the winner against West Ham? Had he been given stick by the fans before that? I always remember being supportive of him to be honest.

Was certainly strange to stand there cheering as he came towards us in the Whitehorse, clearly swearing at Palace fans.

Old 17-04-2020, 09:23 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can anyone recall why Chris Amstrong swore at us home fans when he scored the winner against West Ham? Had he been given stick by the fans before that? I always remember being supportive of him to be honest.

Was certainly strange to stand there cheering as he came towards us in the Whitehorse, clearly swearing at Palace fans.
94/95 was a strange season for Armstrong, he came in with talk of 5m bids from Leeds & Everton and despite scoring on the opening day only scored once more in the league before Christmas yet scored in the cups for fun. I think his relationship broke down with the management, not helped by the way Smith hung Armstrong out to the press after the Watford FA cup replay.
As for the West Ham game - I always thought the fans had been patient with him so not entirely sure what triggered it, maybe sheer frustration. Houghton ran the show that day and set up the goal then went and celebrated with Dowie (from memory).
Old 17-04-2020, 10:03 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

High as a kite?
Old 17-04-2020, 10:14 PM

horsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was doing an "Ian Wright "? Although I remember him fondly unlike Judas.
Old 18-04-2020, 05:46 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
94/95 was a strange season for Armstrong, he came in with talk of 5m bids from Leeds & Everton and despite scoring on the opening day only scored once more in the league before Christmas yet scored in the cups for fun. I think his relationship broke down with the management, not helped by the way Smith hung Armstrong out to the press after the Watford FA cup replay.
As for the West Ham game - I always thought the fans had been patient with him so not entirely sure what triggered it, maybe sheer frustration. Houghton ran the show that day and set up the goal then went and celebrated with Dowie (from memory).
It was his agent Jasper. Window for the cups, get Palace relegated in the league. Two semi finals and relegated. Hey presto Spurs come knocking, Ron gets 4.5 million. Plus all that weed nonsense.

That is why, despite being one of the most electric strikers ever, coco pop will never be a legend. His agent and the player fecked us over.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 18-04-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
It was his agent Jasper. Window for the cups, get Palace relegated in the league. Two semi finals and relegated. Hey presto Spurs come knocking, Ron gets 4.5 million. Plus all that weed nonsense.

That is why, despite being one of the most electric strikers ever, coco pop will never be a legend. His agent and the player fecked us over.
Who was his agent out of interest? His agent did a good job for his client. Secured him a new contract in the summer of 93 shortly after relegation, and a revised contract just 12 months later.
Armstrong as a person was very quiet and reserved and would shy away from publicity. His agent may have dictated matters for his client but the memories he provided in 93/94 season (and to a lesser extent 92/93) say he is a legend IMO. He came in at a time when the club was on the decline, and huge expectation of being the next Ian Wright. Within weeks of Armstrong arriving Bright was sold, and he rose to the challenge. His ability to rise and head the ball doesn't get the praise or credit it deserves.
You look at the quality the 94/95 team had, its crazy how we went down.