Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:19 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
I just bought a PS4 with this included. Should I buy and play part 1 first?
100% yes
Old 01-09-2020, 10:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Part I was a very good game. Not GOAT material, but very good nonetheless.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:13 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I replayed the whole of the first game a couple months back and, although a little clunky, it is still very good! In my top 10 games of all time for sure.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
ah the critical drinker he's a bit of a one trick pony isn't he?
You 2 have much in common.
Apart from the fact that he's talented.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:02 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I received this for Christmas and must say I’m very impressed. As I’ve just mentioned in the ‘Games for the lockdown thread’ whilst I was always going to get this eventually, I was late to this partially due to believing the numerous reviews which were, now clearly to me, largely biased due to the early on events regarding a major character. To be honest I’ve found the story to be perfectly acceptable so far - I’m around 10hrs in. The difficulty level is rewarding and as with the first game there are often several ways to complete different passages of gameplay. I loved the first game(which I replayed through again recently) and think this is definitely up there as one of my favourite all time games.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:17 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
I was late to this partially due to believing the numerous reviews which were, now clearly to me, largely biased due to the early on events regarding a major character.
That wasn't the main failing to me. It was not building up Abby's story before that event. Have the player play he backstory without divulging the key trigger for her. Instead, basically the player is forced to play a character they despise instead of becoming sympathetic to her plight. Also, the lack of choice in how the game ended is not gonna please a large portion that are used to having their decisions take into account when determining an ending. Not looking at you ME3.
Old 13-01-2021, 10:26 AM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
That wasn't the main failing to me. It was not building up Abby's story before that event. Have the player play he backstory without divulging the key trigger for her. Instead, basically the player is forced to play a character they despise instead of becoming sympathetic to her plight. Also, the lack of choice in how the game ended is not gonna please a large portion that are used to having their decisions take into account when determining an ending. Not looking at you ME3.
Nice one and yes I see where you are coming from with that - I think perhaps as I already knew about 'the event' few months before playing it greatly diluted it's impact on me so far - but then again I'm only 11hrs in so am yet to properly play as that character and so will see how pans out. My thoughts currently are that the game developers were striving for the storyline to reflect that rarely is anyone 100% good or 100% evil.
Old 13-01-2021, 10:40 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
I thought it was really clever and effective how they handled that. Yes you start off hating Abby and being sympathetic with Ellie but as you work through the story and see more backstory, it becomes clear that nothing is black and white. I really liked how the story flip flops with your emotions and everyone has a motive and a backstory for what they are doing. Wasnt too bothered about not being in control for the ending as happy to go with the storytelling. Would have lost a lot of impact if there were multiple optional endings I think.
Old 13-01-2021, 10:42 AM
STFU Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Nice one and yes I see where you are coming from with that - I think perhaps as I already knew about 'the event' few months before playing it greatly diluted it's impact on me so far - but then again I'm only 11hrs in so am yet to properly play as that character and so will see how pans out. My thoughts currently are that the game developers were striving for the storyline to reflect that rarely is anyone 100% good or 100% evil.
be careful reading this thread and others for spoilers! This game lives and dies on its storyline, characters and plot twists so try and avoid info on that as much as you can until you finish the game.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:22 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I thought it was really clever and effective how they handled that. Yes you start off hating Abby and being sympathetic with Ellie but as you work through the story and see more backstory, it becomes clear that nothing is black and white. I really liked how the story flip flops with your emotions and everyone has a motive and a backstory for what they are doing. Wasnt too bothered about not being in control for the ending as happy to go with the storytelling. Would have lost a lot of impact if there were multiple optional endings I think.
Agree. I think the way the story is structured is really well done. It's a bit of a jolt when you start playing as Abby, but it takes you on a journey and changes the way you feel about characters as you go through experiences with them and see their motives. When you're playing as Ellie at the end, I think most gamers probably found it hard to attack Abby, which I think is testament to the writing (Abby goes from being the brutal murderer of Joel to being a character you sympathise with and like). I found it interesting that it made me question violence constantly - even though I like Ellie due to Part 1, I found it hard to perform some of the violence and it made me feel queasy at times to the point where I disliked her, then I had sympathy for her again when I realised her anger at Abby stems for her taking away the opportunity Ellie had to forgive Joel. Anyway, enough rambling, I thought it was a brilliant game. Challenging, interesting, compelling, a technical marvel. My favourite game on the PS4.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:54 PM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
be careful reading this thread and others for spoilers! This game lives and dies on its storyline, characters and plot twists so try and avoid info on that as much as you can until you finish the game.
Ok thanks. Will view this thread with caution in the meantime whilst playing it.