Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-04-2020, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I have to say all of the Harry Potters.

Shite.
I think they are good at what they are trying to be/ do.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Best film I have seen for many years. Again - genius.
No idea how anyone can reach that conclusion.

This is a genuine question, what is in it was genius? I may have missed something in the film.

The Bruce Lee bit was really poor in my opinion.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 10-04-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Another oscar winner that really didn't deserve even a nomination.. I quite enjoyed it, but massively overrated: The Shape of Water
Old 10-04-2020, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I might be upsetting some film buffs with this one, but Citizen Kane.
Lost count how many times I have tried to watch it (peer pressure - its at number one of many best movies of the century type lists) but I have failed to get all the way through on every attempt.

I think it's a bit like some "classical" literature that I just cant deal with.

Or maybe I'm just not couth enough.
I think it's a very good film and I think some interesting technical and structural elements. But still I agree with you that it has been raised to a level I find hard to understand by critics.

But it has finally move down to number 2 in the annual sight and sound list of best films ever made after decades at number 1.

Replaced by Vertigo, which I agree is a masterpiece.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Another oscar winner that really didn't deserve even a nomination.. I quite enjoyed it, but massively overrated: The Shape of Water
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan. But I don't think I have ever appreciated magical realism as much as some people do.

I think I should try Pan's labyrinth again at some point to see if I can 'get it'.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Scarface. People like the poster above their beds. But the film was completely meh.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:54 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here

I ****ed up

Last edited by Spindle; 10-04-2020 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:59 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post

I ****ed up
Cliffhanger

Werner Herzog
Old 10-04-2020, 04:02 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
He's an horrific actor, truly terrible, especially if it's a John Woo effort too.
Nicholas Cage can be a brilliant actor. BTW Wild at Heart which is excellent is a David Lynch effort.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Scarface. People like the poster above their beds. But the film was completely meh.
When it came out it was amazing and of its time. Sure it's dated a bit now.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger was an utterly awful film
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I agree with Nolan I think. I don't dislike his films but nowhere near as good as lots of people make out.

Memento and The Prestige are great films.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:10 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Memento and The Prestige are great films.
I liked both of those films. I like others of his too. I just think some of them, like the Dark Knight are overrated.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
When it came out it was amazing and of its time. Sure it's dated a bit now.
Bar the shock factor of the violence, what was amazing about it?

That isn't a rhetorical question. Genuinely interested to know.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:18 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Drive

What a piece of shit.

Poorly tried to remake Walter Hill’s masterpiece
I absolutely love this film...
Old 10-04-2020, 05:19 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Best film I have seen for many years. Again - genius.
I really like Tarantino, but OUTH was awful other than the sets and the very final scene. Even the dialogue was not up to his usual standards
Old 10-04-2020, 05:20 PM
'or 0=0'

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Any Matrix film too.
The first one was absolutely ground-breaking. Possibly hard to realise that now with the kind of special effects we are all so used to
Old 10-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
I'm sorry but

The Godfather 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
Full Metal Jacket
Withnail and I
Three Billboards
Blade Runner
The Big Lebowski

You got to be kidding, all great films.
I once hit a cricket ball into the film-set of Full Metal Jacket. Glorious straight six even if I do say so myself
Old 10-04-2020, 07:09 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I once hit a cricket ball into the film-set of Full Metal Jacket. Glorious straight six even if I do say so myself

Did Kubrick ask you to do it another 87 times ?
Old 10-04-2020, 07:15 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Did Kubrick ask you to do it another 87 times ?
Just as well it wasn't 2001.