Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-01-2021, 04:05 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Repo Man
The book on which it's based - The Repossession Mambo - was actually pretty good iirc, although it's been quite a while since I read it.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:26 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Anything Tarantino.
Definitely gets a big tick on overrated
Old 10-01-2021, 11:10 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Where all shite?
Apparently all films ever made are overrated and that includes Battlefield Earth and portrait of a lady too.

SaulAlinsky
Old 10-01-2021, 11:11 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
The book on which it's based - The Repossession Mambo - was actually pretty good iirc, although it's been quite a while since I read it.
caps mentioned this on the film review thread most disagreed with his view

SaulAlinsky
Old 10-01-2021, 11:09 PM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
caps mentioned this on the film review thread most disagreed with his view
I thought he was talking about the film:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Repo Man(1984)
A rambling mix of thriller, comedy and sci-fi, which was a cult hit on its release.
Despite everything thatís thrown into it, itís not as entertaining or funny as it thinks it is.5.5/10
I'm talking about the book.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:11 PM

jrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Grease was another film of it's time..as was Karate Kid and probably the Rocky films.
Grease is an awesome, feel good film. Until the ending, (spoiler alert) a flying car? how does that fit into the narrative?
Old 13-01-2021, 05:17 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Anything Tarantino.
Anything Nicholas Cage, and anything with Sandra Bullock and that wannabe female (removed her name from my mind) out of Pretty Woman with a mouth like an inside out python.
Hang on there! Have you seen Reservoir Dogs?

As for Cage he certainly has made some shit to pay the bills but Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona and Con Air are brilliant in their own ways.

Sandra Bullock you may have a point.

And for whoever dissed Repo Man, wash your mouth out with soap.
Old 13-01-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I thought he was talking about the film:

I'm talking about the book.
the book you mentioned is the basis for the film Repo Men rather then Repo Man

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login)

SaulAlinsky
Old 13-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Hang on there! Have you seen Reservoir Dogs?

As for Cage he certainly has made some shit to pay the bills but Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona and Con Air are brilliant in their own ways.

Sandra Bullock you may have a point.

And for whoever dissed Repo Man, wash your mouth out with soap.
Yep, Repo Man is one of the great 80s movies.

Nic Cage recently made Mandy which is almost as good as Repo Man. Both are classics and essential cult viewing.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Blues Brothers.

Tried several times to watch it but lost interest after about half an hour.

Thinking about the last attempt to watch it, it was the first time I’ve ever walked out from watching a film on tv in my own house.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Blues Brothers.

Tried several times to watch it but lost interest after about half an hour.

Thinking about the last attempt to watch it, it was the first time I’ve ever walked out from watching a film on tv in my own house.
You sir, are a heathen.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
You sir, are a heathen.
Well yes I realise that may well be the case.

Itís still vastly overrated.
Old 13-01-2021, 10:12 PM
Veteran

Quote:
the book you mentioned is the basis for the film Repo Men rather then Repo Man

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login)
I did NOT know that - thanks for correcting me! I had no idea there were two completely unconnected films.

I'm referring to the book and film about repossessing body parts.
Old 14-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

fake news
Old 14-01-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:

are you sure you weren't watching blues brothers 2000?

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-01-2021, 03:53 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnicholson View Post
Grease is an awesome, feel good film. Until the ending, (spoiler alert) a flying car? how does that fit into the narrative?
Random fact - The flying car sequence is where Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale first got the idea for Back to the Future having seen it at a Chicago cinema in 1978.

I might have just made that up although it sounds plausible enough to tweet and get some retweets.
Old 14-01-2021, 03:58 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have this problem with The Princess Bride, though I suspect that the problem is me, and not that massively overrated or s**t.
Old 14-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
are you sure you weren't watching blues brothers 2000?
Was it worse that the original then?
Old 14-01-2021, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Was it worse that the original then?
You’ll be saying you don’t like Dragnet next

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
WW84, not even Gal Gadot could peak my interest.