Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-04-2020, 09:58 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 09-04-2020, 10:00 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I also have a great deal of affection for those 80s young generation movies - brat pack. The outsiders, anything with molly ringwald/matthew broderick etc.

Ferris is still a favourite as is Risky Business (and Taps).

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Forrest Gump
Old 09-04-2020, 10:07 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Far from terrible (good casting and CGI but much weaker source material than LOTR tbf) but the three Hobbit films were a big event when released and most people enjoyed them but can you remember a single line or scene from the 9 odd hours now?

Much like Avatar, well hyped, well made, did their job in entertaining the audience and making cash but left zero impact on popular culture or the entertainment history of the time. No "Luke, I am your father", "Say hello to my little friend", Thurman and Travolta doing a dance ect ect, no gifs or memes that people share on SM, nothing.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:23 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Blue Velvet - pervy misogynistic crap
Old 09-04-2020, 11:16 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Terminator is such a great, atmospheric, intense film it really transcends genre. I think people that like Terminator 2 more just like action sci-fi films and see it as a great example of it.

I'm with you, though. I enjoyed T2 but seeing so many people rating it above the original makes me not want to like it.
Yes.

Also they pacified the T-800 to get a lower age rating so families could watch, the film takes a massive nosedive as soon as the subplot of humanising the T-800 takes off. They change the character to get open up more ticket sales, it feels more like Last Action Hero than the Ultra-Violent first film.

Itís enjoyably watching but no way reaches the atmosphere and tension of the first.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:20 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Personally I would say any or every film that has won the Best Movie Oscar for at least the last 10 years.

They seem to be picking pretty obscure films of late.

(I should add that I've not actually seen any of them! )
12 years a slave.

Piece of shit oscar bait.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:20 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I hope you're not including 12 Years a Slave in that!
Haha just read this after my comment.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:24 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
I'll be in the minority here, but I thought 1917 was overly hyped. All the film critic's creaming themselves about the seamless editing then the chattering classes repeating this as if they'd figured it out for themselves. Basically about a soldier being made into a postman. I mean why didn't they just e-mail or text over the battle plans. Seems like half way through the makers realized they weren't being P.C so they introduce a token woman and then a token Indian with a turban to keep the P.C police at bay. Also found Dunkirk a bit of a let down. Seems like the definition of a good movie these days is all about the special effects.
If a film needs to be sold on itís technical aspects you know the story isnít the most the gripping part, itís more of an amusement ride than a crafted story.

Just like ĎGravityí.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:26 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
I have to say all of the Harry Potters.

Shite.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:29 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I have to say all of the Harry Potters.

Shite.
Ive refused to watch a minute of any of them. I though their was something phoney about it as soon as the fad picked up. Adults reading them and joining in on the fun...
Old 09-04-2020, 11:34 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I guess like the superhero movies or Fast and Furious franchise, Harry Potter has a target audience.

The same as Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

It was pretty clear that Harry Potter films were mostly for fans of the books.

As I say I enjoyed the first film. I have never read the books. If I had reead them aged 10-14 I would have been a fan I'm sure.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:34 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club

Admittedly I didn't see either when they came out - caught up a few years later to see if they deserved their hype. They didn't.
Totally with you on the Breakfast Club. No story and a load of pretentious tosh especially when coming out of the mouths of apparently rebellious high schoolers. They or the writer offered thoughts that Never could have come from teenagers and I speak as one who was only a few years oder than the 80s group these people purported to represent. Sorry if this upsets but i could not relate to any of it though I accept that The Brat pack group launched the careers of some very good actors
Old 09-04-2020, 11:37 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Lord of the Rings
Anything with Tom Hanks
Old 09-04-2020, 11:38 PM

As a point of order - and I am not the thread police.

A film doesn't classify as overrated because you personally don't like it or the genre doesn't interest you.

I also don't see how you can comment if you have never seen it. Like commenting on a Palace performance without having watched the game.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:38 PM

As in 'Yeah, Avaters shite, I wouldn't waste my money on it'

Yeah, thanks for that.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:39 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
I would agree with my learned friend ME from Benidorm (or where ever) and say Titanic. A Night to Remember ,far better. Found 1917 boring after the first 15 minutes. But the worst I have seen that every one raved about was the Favourite, and I generally like Olivia Coleman.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:40 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I guess like the superhero movies or Fast and Furious franchise, Harry Potter has a target audience.

The same as Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

It was pretty clear that Harry Potter films were mostly for fans of the books.

As I say I enjoyed the first film. I have never read the books. If I had reead them aged 10-14 I would have been a fan I'm sure.
There’s so many plot holes and things about the Harry Potter universe you can’t understand or appreciate without the books. Same for the hunger games. Obviously, a film’s job is to stand alone by itself, so I think the films from both franchises are overrated, as dedicated fans who’ve read the books ignore plot holes and unexplained aspects which are objectively minus points for the films.

Lord of the Rings has always just bored the hell out of me, although I’ve never read the books. The Hobbit bores the hell out of me too, book and Martin Freeman films alike.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 09-04-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:41 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Oh and anything by Baz Luherman.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:46 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
I would agree with my learned friend ME from Benidorm (or where ever) and say Titanic. A Night to Remember ,far better. Found 1917 boring after the first 15 minutes. But the worst I have seen that every one raved about was the Favourite, and I generally like Olivia Coleman.

A Night to Remember was brilliant - Titanic was a load of codswallop.