Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-07-2020, 05:12 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
That makes no sense. You want Roy to start the transition because he's brought stability and has changed the way we play to the club with no investment. If you put 'better' ability players into that system then the football improves. We've seen that with RLC, Cabaye and Bats. So no getting rid of Roy is not the fix. Replacing most of the attack and large chunks of the midfield however is.
And then Roy leaves in a year, leaving us in a position where Roy has brought in players for his approach, and we either have someone working with round pegs and square holes, or we have to move players on and start again (again).
Old 12-07-2020, 05:12 PM

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
No thanks. If he wasn’t the player he was we wouldn’t even think consider it
Lampard done fine. Arteta too. Fresh ideas, young managers in line with today’s game. I wouldn’t rule it out.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:14 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
Lampard done fine. Arteta too. Fresh ideas, young managers in line with today’s game. I wouldn’t rule it out.
Arteta worked under the worlds best manager for years
Lampard has got a top 5-6 squad
Gerrard has been ok ish at rangers.. would be huge risk
Old 12-07-2020, 05:15 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Wish we'd have got Rodgers..
Old 12-07-2020, 05:16 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
What about Jedinak then if we're going down the untried ex player route?
Old 12-07-2020, 05:21 PM

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
All fair points. I would happily take Dyche but apart from that not a load of options there
Old 12-07-2020, 05:25 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Every appointment has a element of risk. He would attract players .
Old 12-07-2020, 05:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
For a long shot as a new manager how about Steven gerrard ?
F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:27 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
There's no point replacing Roy if we are going to starve the new manager of funds and only allow what can be spent to go on strikers and defenders. Look what happened with RdB. The guy was brought in to change how we played, wasn't given funds to improve midfield creativity and got stuck with £30M CB Sahko, a £30M striker in Bneteke and nothing left for midfield, so he played 360 degree spin winger Jason Puncheon as our midfield 'creator.' That worked out well, didn't it?

Either change the cultural approach to how we play the game or stick with Roy and grind it-out-football until the wheels fall off. But no more changing managers when we refuse to invest the kind of funds we routinely spend on attack and defense on having a midfield which is more than just a defensive unit whose job is to carry water for wingers who are either past their prime or don't want to be here anymore. Personally, I'd rather we have the guts to change how we play and risk what might happen. Circling the bowl every season like a rancid turd that won't quite flush just isn't doing it for me anymore, as a Palace fan or football spectator.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:29 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure on gerrard.
I am. He is a bin dipping hun.

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He chose to spend money and wages on 2 DMs in the summer. He declined more creative ones
Which creative midfielders do you believe he declined?

Did we get 2 DMs in summer? McCarthy and ?
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
And then Roy leaves in a year, leaving us in a position where Roy has brought in players for his approach, and we either have someone working with round pegs and square holes, or we have to move players on and start again (again).
We don't need defensive players we have those.

We need two 9s, an inside forward/winger. A box to box midfielder who can actually pass, an attacking midfielder who can carry the ball up the pitch and chip in with goals. Then a RB.

If we sell CB, JS, CW and one of Luka, Jimmy 1 or 2 and Cheick then we have the opportunity to bring in two number 10 types and another creative AM/LW/RW.

That would actually give us a complete and balanced squad.

The new manager in Jan 2021 or summer 2021 will be working with a settled team that can be evolved.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:30 PM

Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1
I would either have dyche, Gerrard, Gracia, or give roy keane a chance. Sounds crazy but his no nonsense apprach is what we need. Whatever we do hodgson has to go now
Old 12-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I am. He is a bin dipping hun.
I was trying to put it nicely.. but agree
Old 12-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Because I do.

Roy has done a good job after FdB.. but he is one dimensional and I wouldn’t trust him with a transfer budget especially with him being here for only a max 1 season. Get the new person in and let them rebuild.
You seem to think Hodgson does all the transfer dealings!
Old 12-07-2020, 05:32 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Wish we'd have got Rodgers..
I’d like rodgers too, said it at the time. However let’s not forget what Roy has done for us. His first season was a brilliant job.

This season too, over Christmas is was probably only Roy that got those points with about 12 of the squad missing. It’s was dull as shit but killing games and going for it in the last 20 minutes or so was the only way we got through it.

Problem is we didn’t get any better when the players came back!

I’m not convinced rodgers kept us up, certainly that first season. I think however we’d be better now if he did
Old 12-07-2020, 05:33 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle1 View Post
I would either have dyche, Gerrard, Gracia, or give roy keane a chance. Sounds crazy but his no nonsense apprach is what we need. Whatever we do hodgson has to go now
You are suggesting we get rid of Hodgson for Roy Keane?? **** me. The BBS does make me laugh.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Dangerous game giving a manager the funds for an overhaul, knowing he’s not going to be here. I’d be happy to move Roy upstairs but I doubt he’d want to do it.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:34 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off. F~ck off.
I hate when people sit on the fence.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:34 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
There's no point replacing Roy if we are going to starve the new manager of funds and only allow what can be spent to go on strikers and defenders. Look what happened with RdB. The guy was brought in to change how we played, wasn't given funds to improve midfield creativity and got stuck with £30M CB Sahko, a £30M striker in Bneteke and nothing left for midfield, so he played 360 degree spin winger Jason Puncheon as our midfield 'creator.' That worked out well, didn't it?

Either change the cultural approach to how we play the game or stick with Roy and grind it-out-football until the wheels fall off. But no more changing managers when we refuse to invest the kind of funds we routinely spend on attack and defense on having a midfield which is more than just a defensive unit whose job is to carry water for wingers who are either past their prime or don't want to be here anymore. Personally, I'd rather we have the guts to change how we play and risk what might happen. Circling the bowl every season like a rancid turd that won't quite flush just isn't doing it for me anymore, as a Palace fan or football spectator.
We were safe with 9 matches to play............