Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-01-2021, 02:53 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
If it's entertaining football you're after, putting a 35 year-old centre back in charge with no coaching badges and no managerial experience... is not the way to achieve that.
It would be extremely entertaining if you enjoy comedy.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:45 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Gerrard is an interesting one. No doubt Liverpool is the dream job for him but I would say he has a better chance of getting that if he sits tight and can maintain success at Rangers while Klopp is still at Liverpool.

Taking over at Palace would be a tough job and is far more likely to see his reputation go down with us than he is staying at Rangers.
Assuming he wins the league up there, he’ll want to have at least one go at the Champions League. Success in the group stages and he could probably walk into the next “big” job that becomes available; fail, and not many will think much of it as he wouldn’t have been expected to succeed anyway.

Personally, I think he’d feel that he deserves a ‘bigger’ job than Palace unless we were able to convince him that we’d suddenly be willing to splash cash freely.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:54 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Always got the impression howe dosent like palace
He's already a member on the BBS then. What's his username?

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 13-01-2021 at 08:56 PM.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:07 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Penstone Eagle
Old 13-01-2021, 09:18 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Old 13-01-2021, 09:28 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
On 10m a year in China.
But is he happy
Old 13-01-2021, 09:43 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Gerrard would be rubbish. SPL is a mickey mouse league and his opponent is Neil Lennon. He wouldn't understand the culture of Palace or the language
Old 13-01-2021, 10:54 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
I’m gonna throw this one in but I think if Fulham go down we should go for Scott Parker. I’ve been very impressed with the turnaround in performances from them and they have played some good stuff. They got decent point off some of the big sides, deserved to beat Liverpool, deserved their point tonight as well. Anyway think he’s doing alright and could be the answer - I don’t want Howe and I think Dyche will be like Roy but a safe pair of hands. Think Parker could be the happy medium between Howe and Dyche.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:02 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
I’m gonna throw this one in but I think if Fulham go down we should go for Scott Parker. I’ve been very impressed with the turnaround in performances from them and they have played some good stuff. They got decent point off some of the big sides, deserved to beat Liverpool, deserved their point tonight as well. Anyway think he’s doing alright and could be the answer - I don’t want Howe and I think Dyche will be like Roy but a safe pair of hands. Think Parker could be the happy medium between Howe and Dyche.
I just said the same thing, he ditched inadequate and underperforming players without delay. His substitutions and their timing turned it around tonight. Well done Scott
Old 13-01-2021, 11:36 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Assuming he wins the league up there, he’ll want to have at least one go at the Champions League. Success in the group stages and he could probably walk into the next “big” job that becomes available; fail, and not many will think much of it as he wouldn’t have been expected to succeed anyway.

Personally, I think he’d feel that he deserves a ‘bigger’ job than Palace unless we were able to convince him that we’d suddenly be willing to splash cash freely.
Yeah, I'm not sure we would tempt him to be honest.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:43 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
It’s perfectly plausible that Gerrard will just stick it out at Rangers until Klopp gets bored of Liverpool.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:44 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I just said the same thing, he ditched inadequate and underperforming players without delay. His substitutions and their timing turned it around tonight. Well done Scott

Sometimes you find out more about a manager when things are going right. They started the season off poorly but he has changed the system and the players. He seems
to have found a balance. They look solid enough at the back but definitely have found a way of taking the game to the opposition. I also thought he handled the play off final extremely well. He changed the tactics and Brentford had no answer.

Don’t get me wrong I think Roy has done an extremely good job with a overpaid but always injured ageing squad. I agree it has been painful to watch a lot of the time but he is a safe pair of hands and the players seem to respect him and play for him the majority of the time. We have had some outstanding results in his time here however I just feel the end of the season is probably the right time to move on especially with the amount of the ageing players we have out of contract.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:48 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
Sometimes you find out more about a manager when things aren't going right. They started the season off poorly but he has changed the system and the players. He seems to have found a balance. They look solid enough at the back but definitely have found a way of taking the game to the opposition. I also thought he handled the play off final extremely well. He changed the tactics and Brentford had no answer.

Don’t get me wrong I think Roy has done an extremely good job with a overpaid but always injured ageing squad. I agree it has been painful to watch a lot of the time but he is a safe pair of hands and the players seem to respect him and play for him the majority of the time. We have had some outstanding results in his time here however I just feel the end of the season is probably the right time to move on especially with the amount of the ageing players we have out of contract.
Our opinions coincide exactly
Old 13-01-2021, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
It’s perfectly plausible that Gerrard will just stick it out at Rangers until Klopp gets bored of Liverpool.
I think so. I mean I think it would be really hard to come to us and look like you deserve the Liverpool job. Presuming that is what he is after in the long run.

I think it's very unlikely anyone could take us above maybe 10th or 11th place at best. I don't think that would particularly raise his profile or reputation.

However, if it goes wrong with us he isnt far off a relagation battle and his chance of getting the job are probably gone for good.

I think he would have too much to lose and not enough to gain by coming to us.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 14-01-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 14-01-2021, 12:43 AM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think so. I mean I think it would be really hard to come to us and look like you deserve the Liverpool job. Presuming that is what he is after in the long run.

I think it's very unlikely anyone could take us above maybe 10th or 11th place at best. I don't think that would particularly raise his profile or reputation.

However, if it goes wrong with us he isnt far off a relagation battle and his chance of getting the job are probably gone for good.

I think he would have too much to pose and not enough to gain by coming to us.
Very negative view hope the club don’t sell it to him in that way..
Old 14-01-2021, 01:42 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'm a bit bored with recycled rejects from other clubs.

It would be nice to unearth a Steve Coppell like rookie. I know it ain't going to happen as there is too much at steak these days.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:51 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I'm a bit bored with recycled rejects from other clubs.

It would be nice to unearth a Steve Coppell like rookie. I know it ain't going to happen as there is too much at steak these days.
Well any potential new manager will obviously be well grilled.....
Old 14-01-2021, 02:25 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Well any potential new manager will obviously be well grilled.....
Or burnt at... if he fails!

(Bloody English language!)
Old 14-01-2021, 02:50 AM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Finding a manager like Coppell is a rare thing.
Old 14-01-2021, 02:52 AM
The Spiky One

Well Done lads...