Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2020, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
He didn't. They knew he needed surgery, but thought it was a risk worth taking because if he recovers he will be an asset
He had already had the surgery when we signed him.
Old 15-10-2020, 08:46 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C-Pal View Post
You'll only pass a medical if you HAVE injury problems at Palace. We must love keeping our physio busy. Mr Parish is like a car salesman who only deals in Cat B write offs.
Agree with this. Like the McDonalds advert, it is a way of getting value for money from the physio team
Old 16-10-2020, 06:51 AM

aashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowaashman12 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Have to admit that my only West Brom supporting friend isn't too bothered or sure about him. He said they didn't really miss him when he was injured and his performances had dropped off after those initial, promising games.

He doesn't watch every game so that is the caveat. But yes, I'm not sure why so many on the BBS were convinced we have signed an excellent, young right back who will do well in the PL on the basis of 21 Championship appearances that very few of us watched a minute of.

He might do very well for us but he might not. And the fact he is injured, after a very serious injury is certainly a concern.

If you ask me right now, I'd have preferred we had bought someone like Matty Cash who had established himself more in the Championship and was and is fit. Would have cost more of course but will have to see what Ferguson brings.
Did you see how much cash cost villa?
Old 16-10-2020, 07:11 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
We have Clyne now, let him just rest up.
We have the U23s now.
Old 16-10-2020, 08:10 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Have to admit that my only West Brom supporting friend isn't too bothered or sure about him. He said they didn't really miss him when he was injured and his performances had dropped off after those initial, promising games.

He doesn't watch every game so that is the caveat. But yes, I'm not sure why so many on the BBS were convinced we have signed an excellent, young right back who will do well in the PL on the basis of 21 Championship appearances that very few of us watched a minute of.

He might do very well for us but he might not. And the fact he is injured, after a very serious injury is certainly a concern.

If you ask me right now, I'd have preferred we had bought someone like Matty Cash who had established himself more in the Championship and was and is fit. Would have cost more of course but will have to see what Ferguson brings.
Can’t remember which podcast it was but Charlie Austin was on it. Said Ferguson was one of the most naturally gifted players he had come across in his career.
Old 16-10-2020, 02:04 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Did you see how much cash cost villa?

A lot of cash?
Old 07-11-2020, 01:15 AM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
"I think the latest prognosis, at least from Nathan with whom I talk regularly, is during this international break he'll be pushing on faster and harder. Maybe, after the international break, here's hoping he'll be released a bit more into that competitive situation where the knee will get its full test.

"Unfortunately, this happened before. He was making progress. We tried to push it on in a controlled competitive manner, but he got some pain again so he had to back off, as it were. But the answer to the question as to when we can expect to see him, no one can say at this moment in time. Everyone at the club is very anxious that we don't now spoil a lot of this good rehabilitation work that's been going on by thrusting him back into a situation too early that the knee can't handle."
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-11-2020, 09:04 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Won't be seeing him until the new year at the very least.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:11 AM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Beginning to think this signing was a mistake.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:24 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Hopefully the tribunal will take all this into account when they decide how much we owe West Brom.

I wonder if they aren't reasonable we can say sod that you can have him back! Hopefully he recovers fully and we are doing the right things to ensure this doesn't keep resurfacing in the future.

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 07-11-2020, 09:50 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That’s what happens when you go for the cheap gamble. Sounds like Wickham 2.

No doubt Clyne won’t be far behind him. Why can’t we just sign a decent long term, healthy right back.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:58 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Won’t see him till next season. No point rushing him back.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:01 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Some interesting and very damming comments also, especially where Palace's backroom staff even when knowing the seriousness of his injury (i assume) should have pushed him far too quickly as it would appear back into action/training. And it now appears has put a big question mark on his return date, but more concerning is will he be the same player we were expecting to have? or even possibly an end to a career at the top level before it has even begun.
I certainly hope not for His and Palace's sake as he promised to be an exciting prospect from what i read about the lad, so the best of wishes and a speedy recovery Nathan Ferguson.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:07 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Palace have a history of struggling to get players back from injury’s and messing up rehabilitation.

Wickham is an example, you can look at Tomkins too, probably the worst case was Paddy McCarthy. Are we just unlucky or is there something inherently wrong in the backroom staff?
Old 07-11-2020, 10:26 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Setbacks coming back from injuries are normal. Nothing to do with the backroom staff, happens at every club.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:31 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
On what is basically a free transfer and you’ve never seen him play.....yeah.....ok
Old 07-11-2020, 10:33 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
A young exciting prospect bought for very little money has a set back in his rehabilitation. A little patience is required I think.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:05 AM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
A young exciting prospect bought for very little money has a set back in his rehabilitation. A little patience is required I think.
Patience is an elusive commodity on here
Old 07-11-2020, 12:05 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Surely we signed him for the next 5 years, not the next 5 games. More important to get him properly fit than to rush him back
Old 07-11-2020, 12:06 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Some interesting and very damming comments also, especially where Palace's backroom staff even when knowing the seriousness of his injury (i assume) should have pushed him far too quickly as it would appear back into action/training. And it now appears has put a big question mark on his return date, but more concerning is will he be the same player we were expecting to have? or even possibly an end to a career at the top level before it has even begun. ........
You realise this is how fake news happens.