Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-01-2021, 01:43 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Did you know she was being interviewed before she was offered the job?
Old 13-01-2021, 01:44 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Also how large, formal and structured is your company?
Old 13-01-2021, 01:45 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Do you know the senior boss to have a chat in person rather than via email?
Yes possibly, though the idea of the email is that I will have a hard copy record for 'insurance' (or atleast something equivalent to that in my mind), otherwise in a years time the boss who hired her may well ask why I never mentioned it when had plenty of opportunities and i'm only doing so as I'm now in 'trouble'.
Old 13-01-2021, 01:47 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Did you know she was being interviewed before she was offered the job?
I saw her go into the office with the boss(which Ive not mentioned before to him) who has now hired her, but I wasnt supposed to see her and it was never 'announced' she was in for the role. I officially didn't know until she was in the role.

Its a mid-sized, fairy relaxed enviroment corporate, international company owned by European based publisher. certainly not the fairly high turnover, toxic environment of the previous company
Old 13-01-2021, 01:49 PM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Be more likable
Fair comment - but I think it was more due to my face not fitting previously- I was admittedly a bit more hotter headed then tho
Old 13-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Think I'd ask her boss for advice and propose a chat ahead of her starting and see if they think that is a good idea. It depends on how well you know her boss though.
If you think it's pleasant
To shoot a pheasant
Then I think that makes you a...
Old 13-01-2021, 01:55 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Put your cock in her hand and start crying.
Old 13-01-2021, 01:55 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Ask to have a quiet chat, when she's not on her period.
Old 13-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
I am going to sleep on it for a few nights but this is similar to what I am considering sending to the boss who has hire my now new boss:
Good afternoon,
I am very much looking forward to getting our XXX run rate back up for 2021 including working with our new Sales Director - I think she could be great for the team! I didnít mention this earlier as thought it would be unfair of me to influence the recruitment process and although it was a very long time ago, and in a very different environment, I feel if I didnít say something I would be doing myself a disservice. When I worked with XXX previously our relationship wasnít great to be honest. She was my team leader for a while on XXX and during my time I felt I was unfairly treated, spoken down to and on a few occasions my bonuses were stopped. There were also numerous trips to the HR instigated by XXX for what in my view were unfair reasons. I appreciate this was a long time ago and in a fairly toxic environment and am sure we have both come along way since then and I look forward to welcoming XX to the team, but I would be dishonest by not mentioning this.
It would be a very bad idea to send this.

What, for instance, would be in the slightest way dishonest about not mentioning that you have worked previously with a new employee? It simply reads as though you are expecting trouble, and trying to pass a buck to your boss. All you will do is give him headaches, which he probably doesnít need right now.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-01-2021, 01:57 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Think I'd ask her boss for advice and propose a chat ahead of her starting and see if they think that is a good idea. It depends on how well you know her boss though.
That's not a terrible shout actually. Just make your concerns know and ask how you think you should handle it, but reiterate you don't think it's an issue.
You can then follow up with an email saying...

"thanks for your time and your advice. As discussed I don't foresee any issues, but just wanted to make sure that you were aware of what happened in the past with myself and XXX."

or words to that effect.

I don't know if you saw my DM Lombardio with another suggestion...
Old 13-01-2021, 02:00 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fair comment - but I think it was more due to my face not fitting previously- I was admittedly a bit more hotter headed then tho
Out of interest, if you are saying you yourself have changed, and are better at your job now, than back in the day, was the disciplinary action against you totally unfair, or was there anything you could have done better at the time? If I was in your situation I would just treat her normally and let her judge you on your work here and now and see you for the person you are now. The one thing she cannot hold against you is the past, as that was in another company and was dealt with. If there is any genuine evidence she has it in for you in this job, you can then raise the past history. Also, bear in mind she might be your new boss but she will still be on probation at the moment so she will have to tread carefully.
Old 13-01-2021, 02:01 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Put your cock in her hand and start crying.
Reading between the lines, that was the problem in the first place
Old 13-01-2021, 02:08 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Out of interest, if you are saying you yourself have changed, and are better at your job now, than back in the day, was the disciplinary action against you totally unfair, or was there anything you could have done better at the time? If I was in your situation I would just treat her normally and let her judge you on your work here and now and see you for the person you are now. The one thing she cannot hold against you is the past, as that was in another company and was dealt with. If there is any genuine evidence she has it in for you in this job, you can then raise the past history. Also, bear in mind she might be your new boss but she will still be on probation at the moment so she will have to tread carefully.
Exactly. Good advice.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-01-2021, 03:45 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
As I’ve been beaten to the proper responses of ‘is she worth a dollop’ and ‘put your cock in her hand and start crying’....

I wouldn’t be putting anything on writing at this stage.

I’d be arranging a meeting, virtually no doubt, and just have a general chat and see what that brings up.

Don’t go rushing head long to start flagging up previous issues with your bosses.
Old 13-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am going to sleep on it for a few nights but this is similar to what I am considering sending to the boss who has hire my now new boss:
Good afternoon,
I am very much looking forward to getting our XXX run rate back up for 2021 including working with our new Sales Director - I think she could be great for the team! I didnít mention this earlier as thought it would be unfair of me to influence the recruitment process and although it was a very long time ago, and in a very different environment, I feel if I didnít say something I would be doing myself a disservice. When I worked with XXX previously our relationship wasnít great to be honest. She was my team leader for a while on XXX and during my time I felt I was unfairly treated, spoken down to and on a few occasions my bonuses were stopped. There were also numerous trips to the HR instigated by XXX for what in my view were unfair reasons. I appreciate this was a long time ago and in a fairly toxic environment and am sure we have both come along way since then and I look forward to welcoming XX to the team, but I would be dishonest by not mentioning this.

I wouldnít send that.
Old 13-01-2021, 04:09 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
I would maybe speak to HR and let them know about your past history with this person. But be clear that you love your job and really don't want any issues, and that you will act as professionally as you always do. It might be worthwhile HR having a record of your conversation.
Also, if you have a one to one with this person and you plan to record it, you have to let them know that that is what you are doing.
Hopefully though you will be able to work together without any issues.
Old 13-01-2021, 04:40 PM
King of Curry

Thanks again all. she doesn’t start till end of Feb so there is a fair bit of time - I won’t send that email l(or any other relating to previous probs) for now atleast. As Jim Cannon rightly alluded to, whilst my treatment was unfair, I was not perfect and was sometimes outspoken so perhaps I said something which upset the wrong person/people. But many of my friends and colleagues at the time were very much on my side.
Old 13-01-2021, 07:05 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
I would maybe speak to HR and let them know about your past history with this person. But be clear that you love your job and really don't want any issues, and that you will act as professionally as you always do. It might be worthwhile HR having a record of your conversation.
Also, if you have a one to one with this person and you plan to record it, you have to let them know that that is what you are doing.
Hopefully though you will be able to work together without any issues.
What's that based on? I have recorded plenty of conversations previously, mostly as it is easier than note taking, occasionally as insurance for private meetings with people I severely distrusted. I haven't told people that because there is no need.
Old 13-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess I'm the only one thinking this is about a sequel to the film Mean Boss where current sensitivities are reflected in the title alongside the prospect of a happy ending?
Old 13-01-2021, 07:12 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am going to sleep on it for a few nights.
A radical approach, good luck.

BTW I don’t think they like be called “it”.

Last edited by Pidster; 13-01-2021 at 09:47 PM.