Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post

Its a mid-sized, fairy relaxed enviroment corporate, international company owned by European based publisher. certainly not the fairly high turnover, toxic environment of the previous company
Homophobe
Old 13-01-2021, 08:18 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
That's not a terrible shout actually. Just make your concerns know and ask how you think you should handle it, but reiterate you don't think it's an issue.
You can then follow up with an email saying...

"thanks for your time and your advice. As discussed I don't foresee any issues, but just wanted to make sure that you were aware of what happened in the past with myself and XXX."

or words to that effect.

I don't know if you saw my DM Lombardio with another suggestion...
Thanks Tomo, just seen the DM and replied (I hope/think - sorry not an expert at the DMs)
Old 13-01-2021, 08:18 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
What's that based on? I have recorded plenty of conversations previously, mostly as it is easier than note taking, occasionally as insurance for private meetings with people I severely distrusted. I haven't told people that because there is no need.
It won't be admissible as evidence in any formal process if you don't.

Doesn't bother journalists though it's true.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:26 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fwiw I am a member of Unite the Union - and have been for about 11 years, my joining was a direct result of the original experience at the old company
Old 13-01-2021, 09:58 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Don’t put anything in writing
Old 13-01-2021, 10:05 PM

Little Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Don’t put anything in writing
Wise words. I suggest drawing pictures on the office corridor walls (preferably using bodily fluids, so you can't be accused of misusing company stationery) to show the past incidents. The bosses will soon understand who's the wrongun.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:17 AM
King of Curry

Having thought a lot about this in the last 24hrs, and thanks all for the helpful(and funny) advice, I think I am not going to send the email as I had planned. As (crushingly) hard as it may be, I am going to put my pride to one side and give her the benefit of the doubt.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:22 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Are you single? I may have a potential solution to your problems
Old 14-01-2021, 09:26 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
Glad to see feminism is alive and well on the BBS.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:28 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
PauLo, is that you?
Old 14-01-2021, 09:49 AM
King of Curry

In football terms it reminds me of the Jason Puncheon and Warnock had a spat in the press and then Warnock became our manager. IIRC Puncheon went on to play really well under him - hopefully similar will happen to me!
Old 14-01-2021, 09:57 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
If your old boss joins and If you do all the right things like doing your job, act with integrity etc and then there’s nothing the company can do to you. You’re employed in a shit time and I’d be more interested about keeping your job and income then worrying about past spats

Be the bigger person and act as if it had no effect on you. Then if the old boss comes in and acts a dick you’ve done all you can, then look for a new job. There’s always someone in the office you don’t get on with. It’s nature.
Old 14-01-2021, 11:34 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
It won't be admissible as evidence in any formal process if you don't.

Doesn't bother journalists though it's true.
It wouldn't be used in crown court ffs
Old 14-01-2021, 12:43 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
I saw her go into the office with the boss(which Ive not mentioned before to him) who has now hired her, but I wasnt supposed to see her and it was never 'announced' she was in for the role. I officially didn't know until she was in the role.

Its a mid-sized, fairy relaxed enviroment corporate, international company owned by European based publisher. certainly not the fairly high turnover, toxic environment of the previous company
OK, so it is a relatively structured company with a human resource department.

Make an appointment with HR, and openly and honestly voice your concerns and ask them to provide you with a record of your conversation.

Explain that the culture at the previous company, was unprofessional, toxic and they didn't have proper human resource practices like here.

You would hope that in this environment her positive qualities will shine as have yours and that you will do everything possible to ensure a harmonious and professional relationship. You did not wish to go to her boss who hired her as you are in no way seeking to undermine her or sow doubt with him unnecessarily, but nonetheless wish to put on record what transpired 10 years just in case her behaviour repeats itself.

I would then give her a clean slate, be confident in your position and dealings with her but keep your eyes open. This is what HR departments are for (supposedly)
Old 14-01-2021, 12:48 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
PauLo, is that you?
Old 14-01-2021, 05:21 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
It wouldn't be used in crown court ffs
It applies equally to employment tribunals except in circumstances - discrimination - which would not appear to be relevant here.
Old 14-01-2021, 05:47 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
It applies equally to employment tribunals except in circumstances - discrimination - which would not appear to be relevant here.
This really is not true.

The issue is not as black and white as you claim.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-01-2021, 12:35 AM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
If your old boss joins and If you do all the right things like doing your job, act with integrity etc and then there’s nothing the company can do to you. You’re employed in a shit time and I’d be more interested about keeping your job and income then worrying about past spats

Be the bigger person and act as if it had no effect on you. Then if the old boss comes in and acts a dick you’ve done all you can, then look for a new job. There’s always someone in the office you don’t get on with. It’s nature.
Thanks. This evening I sent a olive branch - I ‘applied’ to be her LinkedIn and even her delusional snooty ‘nose-in-the-air’ picture makes me almost hurl lol. If she accepts I will say let’s call a truce as it’s unhealthy going to a new company. I don’t want to look for a new job - I live five mins away from my office and am earning ok money - I will look into legal routes if I am forced to leave due to this- their lack of due diligence. Of course no guarantee, but it shows my level of commitment and belief that everything was fine and dandy (before some potentially nutty boss came along) I bought my property on the understanding I was going to be there, near work, a long time.
Old 15-01-2021, 01:02 AM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
OK, so it is a relatively structured company with a human resource department.

Make an appointment with HR, and openly and honestly voice your concerns and ask them to provide you with a record of your conversation.

Explain that the culture at the previous company, was unprofessional, toxic and they didn't have proper human resource practices like here.

You would hope that in this environment her positive qualities will shine as have yours and that you will do everything possible to ensure a harmonious and professional relationship. You did not wish to go to her boss who hired her as you are in no way seeking to undermine her or sow doubt with him unnecessarily, but nonetheless wish to put on record what transpired 10 years just in case her behaviour repeats itself.

I would then give her a clean slate, be confident in your position and dealings with her but keep your eyes open. This is what HR departments are for (supposedly)
Thanks. That all seems sensible advice. I’ve taken the ‘olive branch’ step of adding her on LinkedIn and will then message to say it would be in both our interests to start a fresh. Let’s see what she says.
Old 15-01-2021, 01:25 AM
Gina Lollobrigida

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
think Cersei from Game of Thrones.
She eventually gets her norks out but it isn't worth the wait.