Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:01 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
- the screen on the whitehorse was reinforced as it was a bit flimsy. I used a grey 2x3 and 2x2 block behind the screen and the covered the support with a flat topped 1x3 and 1x2 at the back.
Great idea, I will use that!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-04-2020, 07:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's amazing, Dorking. I love the main stand and the Whitehorse. Couldn't you have built the Arthur with two rows of lego in the step rather than one; then it wouldn't be so steep and would look more realistic.

Yours also looks really good, danibutcher (I'm lying).
Old 11-04-2020, 09:07 PM

CPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPalaceTillIDie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just finished mine, took about a week putting in a few hours a day. Very satisfying actually, if frustrating at times (sausage fingers be warned!)

A few tweaks for slightly better accuracy:
- Raised Whitehorse floodlights a bit plus turned them portrait
- Added support to back of screen
- increased Main stand floodlights/pillars from 4 to 6 and put smaller lights on
- Added red and blue brick supports under the Arthur, looks more old school before the horrendous yellow advertising we have now!
- put floodlights on Holmesdale roof
- made the corner area between Arthur & Holmesdale blue and even added the ‘TV studio’ cabin!
- finally, used a few spare bricks for the gates on Holmesdale road, looks abit dodgy though!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

CPFC BBS Fantasy Premier League Champion 2010-11,2012-13
Old 11-04-2020, 09:12 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Must admit, I am tempted to put some green bits where the grassy knoll is, on the corner of Whitehorse Lane/Park Road (where all the away fans sit on the wall and eat chips)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-04-2020, 10:25 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Must admit, I am tempted to put some green bits where the grassy knoll is, on the corner of Whitehorse Lane/Park Road (where all the away fans sit on the wall and eat chips)

You are barking mad DE but I salute you!
Old 11-04-2020, 10:37 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Good shout plenty of green left over as well
Old 14-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
I was going to announce this tomorrow but we all need good news, so I can confirm I will be building it, HOWEVER, there have been a couple of issues with Croydon council as I need to knock down a couple of real LEGO houses down, but with their full support I expect to start soon, the only other sticking point is the Sainsbury’s car park bit. I have all the blocks however at this stage I can only start after I have provided an alternative location for checkout 10. It’s complex and a model I would hope to complete by 2042, or 44 at the latest.
Happy to post news every time we lose 1-0 at home or if we fail to sign anyone, just shout...
Maybe you could post an artist mock up occasionally or even one of a totally new build at somewhere like, for example, the Crystal Palace Sports Centre just to keep our interest going?
Old 02-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Finished!

I used most of the good suggestions on this thread - I reinforced the scoreboard/big screen, turned the Whitehorse floodlights to portrait alignment, put red and blue stripes on the front of the Arthur Wait roof, and put the Holmesdale floodlights on the Holmesdale roof

I also did a couple of other things -

I added another line of 'light grey' bricks across the top of the Holmesdale roof, just to give it a little bit more curvature;

added the grassy knoll on the corner of Whitehorse Lane and Park Road

Good luck to everyone else still building!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model1vsmall.jpg (41.1 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg model2vsmall.jpg (38.2 KB, 75 views)

Old 02-05-2020, 03:19 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Excellent work, DE. Take it you’re not going to dismantle for another day of boredom?
Old 02-05-2020, 03:50 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Not a chance!! It's got a pillowcase over it until I think of the best place for it. Ideally I need a sideboard!

Old 03-05-2020, 06:45 AM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ve been building this to kill time during lockdown. As mentioned, it’s very fiddly! The first page took about 2hours but it quickly cuts down. Still, I’ve spent between 45 and 90 minutes on it most days for about 2 weeks so it’s a good filler.

I like the idea of putting the Holmesdale floodlights on the roof so I’ll take that one.

I disagree about sorting the colours. Keep the pieces in their original bags. I was tempted to spend what would be hours of time to split them into colours until I worked out their system. Each bag has about 4 different types of bricks. As they’re different colours, it’s much quicker to find the right brick than if they were sorted into separate colours.

Still, I’d recommend it for anyone who’s bored but patient! It’s a good project.

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. £7.99 as a PB, £3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a