Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Still can't order it. Is there no preorder?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pre-orders start on 13th I think.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant
Initial thoughts on Nexus 4 - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Looks good.

Upgraded my SGS2 for SGS3 last week. Not too much of a change but its still very nice.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone got any thoughts on the Note 2. Am seriously debating one although size is obvuiously a barrier in some respects.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:16 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry guys got my first android device

On apple stuff u update apps easily and regularly

How do u know if an android update for an app is available and how do u update? Thnx
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd
Sorry guys got my first android device

On apple stuff u update apps easily and regularly

How do u know if an android update for an app is available and how do u update? Thnx
You get an icon in the top left hand corner of the screen, It's a sort of sideways triangle. Swipe the upper part of the screen down and it will tell you what needs updating.

Aternaitively go to the play store and select my apps. If anything needs updating it will be listed at the top of your apps.

Last edited by Payney; 09-11-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash
Anyone got any thoughts on the Note 2. Am seriously debating one although size is obvuiously a barrier in some respects.
I very nearley upgraded my SGS2 for one but went with the SGS3 in the end because it was cheaper and more managable size wise. Couple of guys at work have them and love it, If the size isn't an issue for you, then go for it.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:50 PM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney
You get an icon in the top left hand corner of the screen, It's a sort of sideways triangle. Swipe the upper part of the screen down and it will tell you what needs updating.

Aternaitively go to the play store and select my apps. If anything needs updating it will be listed at the top of your apps.
Thnx
Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Thinking my next phone will be an HTC One S.

Any one got one, or got any comments on them?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Anyone thing I am mad because I should get a different phone?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Am I the only person in the country with a crappy Windows phone?

It doesn't even know what an App is
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 09-11-2012, 01:36 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
Thinking my next phone will be an HTC One S.

Any one got one, or got any comments on them?

Anyone thing I am mad because I should get a different phone?
Why not the new Nexus 4 that is coming out soon?

Just had a look at the One S is 300 for the phone whereas the Nexus 4 is only 240.

Double the RAM, faster processor and the very latest version of Android.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Keeping the peace

Goldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash
Deliberated for a while over upgrading to an iphone 5 but chose the note 2. Glad i did, it's been great in the month i've had it so far, so much faster thanmy iphone 3G. If you don't mind the size then it's great. The iphone screen now looks so tiny.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant
Why not the new Nexus 4 that is coming out soon?

Just had a look at the One S is 300 for the phone whereas the Nexus 4 is only 240.

Double the RAM, faster processor and the very latest version of Android.
I can only find an LG Nexus 4 ... is that what you mean?

EDIT - to be fair, if that is what you mean it does look good. The only issue being the size and thickness of the LG ...

Last edited by smileysmith; 09-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney

Or you can go on the Play Store and choose for your apps to be updated automatically.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
anyone got a galaxy note 2? thinking of one of these as i'm due an upgrade in Jan and my old DHD is really struggling now, needs to be on charge constantly

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

EDIT - to be fair, if that is what you mean it does look good. The only issue being the size and thickness of the LG ...

Definitely go for the Nexus 4 over the One S.

But if you really like the HTC One series, go for the One X.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Yep that is the one.

I currently have a Desire and am a tiny bit worried about the increase in size but I'm sure it will be fine especially for such a good spec and relatively low price.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18
Or you can go on the Play Store and choose for your apps to be updated automatically.
Ahh I've got fire HD, no play store :-(
Old 09-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg Basher
Deliberated for a while over upgrading to an iphone 5 but chose the note 2. Glad i did, it's been great in the month i've had it so far, so much faster thanmy iphone 3G. If you don't mind the size then it's great. The iphone screen now looks so tiny.
Me too, got my Note II on Monday after having a iPhone 4 for the last two years.

I'm loving it, got to grips with Android which is much easier than I anticipated.
Screen is brilliant for video and internet etc. If you spend hours on the phone then it is probably a bit to big but if, like most of us, it's more surfing, texting and emailing you do then this is a must.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Hmm ... I've just been put right off the Nexus 4 due to its audio performance ... (I use my phone a LOT for music) ...