Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-04-2014, 11:10 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Would it also be worth smashing our wage structure?
If you honestly don't think Chamakh is on close to the equivalent of 35k a week (even if it is structured differently) then you're in a dreamworld. IMHO wages wouldn't be a problem for Zaha.

I'd play him down the middle if we got him back, with Chamakh in behind. Score 15 goals in the season and he will make 10m look cheap.
Old 13-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I'd play him down the middle if we got him back, with Chamakh in behind.
Did you really just suggest playing Wilf as a lone striker???
Old 13-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you honestly don't think Chamakh is on close to the equivalent of 35k a week (even if it is structured differently) then you're in a dreamworld. IMHO wages wouldn't be a problem for Zaha.

I'd play him down the middle if we got him back, with Chamakh in behind. Score 15 goals in the season and he will make 10m look cheap.
With all due respect, you know nothing of the situation with Chamakh's wages or what the situation will be next year.
Old 13-04-2014, 11:59 AM

Halfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
With all due respect, you know nothing of the situation with Chamakh's wages or what the situation will be next year.
It is alleged that he was on 90k a week at Arsenal, offered a pay rise to come to Palace and that we are paying him around a third of the wage with Arsenal paying the rest.

No club are going to pay anything close to that next season. He may get better offers but I would not expect us to pay more then he is already getting.
Old 13-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwayline View Post
It is alleged that he was on 90k a week at Arsenal, offered a pay rise to come to Palace and that we are paying him around a third of the wage with Arsenal paying the rest.

No club are going to pay anything close to that next season. He may get better offers but I would not expect us to pay more then he is already getting.
If we stay up we have the option of another year on his contract.
Old 13-04-2014, 12:16 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
3 million for Wilf would be a reasonable bid - assuming he was prepared to take a cut in wages. Otherwise, we should move on. we have done fine without him this Season and under Pulis I am confident that we will do well again next term. A Season loan would be the better option.
Agreed

Actually, it's possibly the only option!
Old 13-04-2014, 12:39 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
3M? he's worth a lot more than that and a lot of other teams will offer a lot more than that.
Old 13-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Showed some great touches yesterday and that run should have had a goal
Old 13-04-2014, 12:55 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everything Zaha

Quote:

Dann and Ledly are on 30+ as well PW. I don't think we're on a hard 10pw limit like blackpool was, but players that are identified as key can see that 30k area.
Old 13-04-2014, 01:26 PM

CPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Personally I think that WZ will be an even greater asset to us than he was in the past as he must have learnt a great deal from training at Man Utd - Fergy rated him, but Moyes doesn't through mainly personal matters and partly that he can't get even the best out of RVP. Zaha loves Palace and will only flourish here and we should show the ambition to buy him and Moses - we will have another 60m+ next year, so sell Gayle, Kebe if needs be and save 2 sets of wages and get him back - we need his quality, passion and desire, after all he got us up practically single handed, we owe him this platform we find ourselves on.
Old 13-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
Dann and Ledly are on 30+ as well PW. I don't think we're on a hard 10pw limit like blackpool was, but players that are identified as key can see that 30k area.
They're not.

Please can people stop pretending they know how much individuals are being paid. It's embarrassing.
Old 13-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwayline View Post

Haha 90k a week and we offered a pay rise! Please don't embarrass yourself with such nonsense.
Old 13-04-2014, 01:39 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everything Zaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
They're not.

Please can people stop pretending they know how much individuals are being paid. It's embarrassing.

They were both on 30 or there abouts at they're old teams. Not likely they took massive pay cuts.
Old 13-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
If we stay up I'm sure our pay structure will change anyway.

From what I remember Wilf went to MU on about 35k a week, so even to match it wouldn't be that far from our current pay cap.
Old 13-04-2014, 01:49 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
Did you really just suggest playing Wilf as a lone striker???
I seem to think a Free Role upfront/swapping wings would scare the crap out most defences
Old 13-04-2014, 08:30 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henfield Eagle View Post
I seem to think a Free Role upfront/swapping wings would scare the crap out most defences
I don't know what his best role/position is and neither does he.

If he gets the right mentor though he will be unstoppable. The guy on form is an irresistible force.
Old 13-04-2014, 09:42 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Haha 90k a week and we offered a pay rise! Please don't embarrass yourself with such nonsense.
To be fair he's not suggesting that we are paying 90k per week and what he posted is more or less what has been touted about for a while.
Old 13-04-2014, 10:25 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They're not.

Didn't you just do exactly that?
Old 13-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Doesn't matter if it 50 of 90 a week. That is way outside what we should pay him weekly. On the other hand, no one else will either. I hope we can get Chamackh on a wage that fits in with the rest of the team, although I am not convinced Palace will want him next season. Decent player, but a pussy and a very poor scoring rate. IMO Ledley offers more in that position behind the striker.
Old 14-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
With 37 points on the board, looking close to premiership survival, I'd rather have Wilf lining up against man city and Liverpool and in the away games. Puncheon is a class act too though, and a much better finisher.
Presumably as you chose the literal answer instead of answering the actual question, you agree that Wilf is a luxury player who you wouldn't have wanted in the trenches when we were scrapping away and in trouble?

As for the notion that he could play as a lone striker... presumably you are aware of the amount of work, chasing, hold up, constant channel running, defensive battering and aerial dueling that a lone striker needs to use in his game?