Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Is Daniel Craig a good 007?
He is excellent 219 58.87%
He is ok 95 25.54%
He is rubbish 23 6.18%
Meh - can take or leave him 35 9.41%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-11-2008, 04:22 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy
you ain't that old, surely?
I am. Summer of 77, I lived near the town centre, so the cinema was a short walk from my house. I practically lived in there. Star Wars, Airport 77, Smokey and the Bandit, Rescuers, Close Encounters.... was a vintage year.

I went back to that cinema last week, they have killed it, 4 multiplex things, tragic.
Old 24-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
I am. Summer of 77, I lived near the town centre, so the cinema was a short walk from my house. I practically lived in there. Star Wars, Airport 77, Smokey and the Bandit, Rescuers, Close Encounters.... was a vintage year.

I went back to that cinema last week, they have killed it, 4 multiplex things, tragic.
Don't forget saturday morning cartoons.

Same everywhere -- closed down the old cinema due to lack of demand only to open an 11 screen multiplex the next year. We are all chavs and deserve it.
Old 24-11-2008, 04:29 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
I see where you are coming from. But the makers of the Bond films realised they had to move on from this stereotype to keep people coming to the cinema to see it.
Disagree. you accept these trimmings or kill the franchise. Just the trailors I've seen tell me the point has been lost.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
View to a Kill just kicked off on ITV4

Max Zorin a cool villain.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Yes, best since Connery.

Agreed.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus
Agreed.

But not as good
Old 19-11-2011, 09:47 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76

Best Bond theme too
Old 19-11-2011, 09:58 AM

noggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Moonraker a diabolical turd of a film by far the worst bond film.
OHMSS is a quality film apart from the aussie underwear model playing the lead.
Old 19-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
OHMSS is perhaps the best story, really liked Lazenby, espicially the final scene..

Moonraker was a bit bollocks! crap theme tune too..
Old 21-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
I think history has been unfair to George Lazenby - he was a perfectly good Bond in an excellent film, and even had the Scottish thing down to a tee. The problem was the producers had always wanted Roger Moore, since before Sean Connery, so Lazenby was dispensed with.
Old 21-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Watched The Spy Who Loved Me on a flight out recently. Definitely one of my favourites, albeit a little cheesy (and the safari suit was a complete shocker), but perfect for its time. Fabulous theme tune, especially over the closing credits. And Barbara Bach was just wonderful.

Am I sounding a little Alan Partridge here ?
Old 21-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Am I sounding a little Alan Partridge here ?
Thinking about it, I've never seen the both of you in the same place
Old 21-11-2011, 11:13 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

and Natalie wood's death is being investigated - fun times for Mr Walken.

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Keeping The Faith

Espicially that scene where he machine guns his own men & kicks some of them in the water..

Whilst laughing maniacally!
Old 21-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think history has been unfair to George Lazenby - he was a perfectly good Bond in an excellent film, and even had the Scottish thing down to a tee. The problem was the producers had always wanted Roger Moore, since before Sean Connery, so Lazenby was dispensed with.
I agree with this.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 21-11-2011, 11:39 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
I agree with this.
true also sadly Roger prefered to play Bond for the vast majority of the time as some sort of camp bafoon

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
He will never be Sean Connery.
Old 21-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
OHMSS is perhaps the best story, really liked Lazenby, espicially the final scene..
Old 21-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse
true also sadly Roger prefered to play Bond for the vast majority of the time as some sort of camp bafoon
It was the 70s ...
Old 21-11-2011, 12:04 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
And Barbara Bach was just wonderful.

Best Bond girl by a country mile in my book