Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 14-10-2021, 05:52 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I've just spent a week in france and did alot of driving. The difference in the amount of trucks on the road there and here is stark, taking up 2 lanes of the motorway alot of the time. The shelves in the supermarkets were also full.
Sorry, this just cant be true - apparently everywhere there is shortages in Europe according to the tories/leavers
Old 14-10-2021, 06:27 PM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Stay away from the drugs kids
Good advice .

Meanwhile the wages of construction workers have increased by around 15% since the beginning of 2021 . Cheap labour from Europe had previously supressed wages in construction and other industries .

Anyone else had a Brexit bonus ?
Old 14-10-2021, 07:03 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
Good advice .

Meanwhile the wages of construction workers have increased by around 15% since the beginning of 2021 . Cheap labour from Europe had previously supressed wages in construction and other industries .

Not where I live (Brighton area), and I employ 4 builders +trades (property development).i also speak to 2 sub-contractors reasonably regularly partly to see if I am paying market/or preferably above market rate.
....and wait till inflation starts kicking in, higher fuel, energy, food, council tax, National insurance going up, UC down £20pw, striking bin men,, public sector below inflation and 42k new covid cases today = 10× higher than the rest of Europe. Its gonna make the winter of discontent feel like spending 2 weeks in a Spanish villa for a bribe
Old 14-10-2021, 07:17 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Not where I live (Brighton area), and I employ 4 builders +trades (property development).i also speak to 2 sub-contractors reasonably regularly partly to see if I am paying market/or preferably above market rate.
....and wait till inflation starts kicking in, higher fuel, energy, food, council tax, National insurance going up, UC down £20pw, striking bin men,, public sector below inflation and 42k new covid cases today = 10× higher than the rest of Europe. Its gonna make the winter of discontent feel like spending 2 weeks in a Spanish villa for a bribe
Agree.
Plus this wage rise is passed to the consumer…..

Funnily enough, last year during April-May the wage fell by almost 5 percent in construction site apparently, which means the rise is 10 percent.(if my maths is correct )

Having said that if I turn up to a building site, I won’t be paid any top dollar, as I have no building skills……so it is a false economy so to speak

Also if the fuel shortages is not due to Brexit, why should we credit raise in wages to Brexit, I blame the pandemic
Old 14-10-2021, 07:32 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
Good advice .

Have you just had a 7.2% wage decrease? It’s just, you only said last month that you’ve had a 22.2% increase?
Old 14-10-2021, 07:43 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Nope missed it by 28 years but was there many a visit while Franco was alive which was interesting. The changes in Spain I have seen are incredible & I would not deny that being members of the EU has certainly helped stabilise the country. However there have been a number of negatives for Spain as well due to EU membership.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 14-10-2021, 07:45 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Nope missed it by 28 years but was there many a visit while Franco was alive which was interesting. The changes in Spain I have seen are incredible & I would not deny that being members of the EU has certainly helped stabilise the country. However there have been a number of negatives for Spain as well due to EU membership.
I first visited Spain in 1976. What do you think have been the negatives of EU membership, comparing the country then to now?
Old 14-10-2021, 07:48 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Sorry, this just cant be true - apparently everywhere there is shortages in Europe according to the tories/leavers
I have not seen any claims from "leavers" regarding claims of shortages in Europe other than Lorry drivers (400k across the EU) and gas which we know about.

However despite claims of shortages in the UK I have not seen any in the shops or "on line" I think its fair to say there are plenty of misinformation from remainers as well

Old 14-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I first visited Spain in 1976. What do you think have been the negatives of EU membership, comparing the country then to now?
British expats?
Old 14-10-2021, 07:51 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sovereignty!
Old 14-10-2021, 07:54 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
However despite claims of shortages in the UK I have not seen any in the shops or "on line" I think its fair to say there are plenty of misinformation from remainers as well
Take a stroll around your local supermarket and see the gaps on the shelves. It's literally there for you to see with your own eyes.
Old 14-10-2021, 07:54 PM
In a nutshell

Quote:
Property prices for one especially in the coastal areas due to the influx of Northern European buyers.

Loss of local shops replaced by mega supermarkets.

Like many EU countries loss of regional identity and choice due to influx of "Chain" brands Costa Coffee Macdonalds etc.

Acres of poly tunnels as parts of Spain has been turned into intensive farming suppliers to Northern Europe which brings pollution & low wages.

Just a few as I see it.

Old 14-10-2021, 07:55 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Spain will never again have as much sovereignty as it had with Franco, that’s for sure. Sovereignty and a half, that was.
Old 14-10-2021, 08:00 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

There aren’t really very many of those chains in Spain - I can only think of one McDonalds in Madrid, and two Burger Kings. It’s still largely small and local businesses.
Got you on the farming in Murcia, though. All seems cock eyed, when you have parts of the country which are perfect for agriculture - thing is they still practise strip farming in Galicia and it’s not so productive.
Old 14-10-2021, 08:04 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Bimbo bread (Mexican, but near enough) and UHT milk are rotten, as I have mentioned before.

The number of McDonalds is increasing but it's nowhere near as prevalent as in France.
Old 14-10-2021, 08:04 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have not seen any claims from "leavers" regarding claims of shortages in Europe other than Lorry drivers (400k across the EU) and gas which we know about.

No shortages if you're after certain items only.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-10-2021, 08:09 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:

There lays the problem….
Old 14-10-2021, 08:49 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would say the influx of elderly and or feckless Brits moving out there to live.

Especially those dimwitted enough to vote leave
Old 14-10-2021, 08:52 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Property prices for one especially in the coastal areas due to the influx of Northern European buyers.

Loss of local shops replaced by mega supermarkets.

Like many EU countries loss of regional identity and choice due to influx of "Chain" brands Costa Coffee Macdonalds etc.

Acres of poly tunnels as parts of Spain has been turned into intensive farming suppliers to Northern Europe which brings pollution & low wages.

Just a few as I see it.
You mean "progress"? I imagine you wanted them to remain a bit of a peasant nation.....
Old 14-10-2021, 09:11 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Having to adopt the purple passport. Obviously.