Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

View Poll Results: Would you support a takeover from the Saudi royal family?
Oppose 416 82.54%
Neutral (but privately pleased) 51 10.12%
Back 37 7.34%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-10-2021, 12:02 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I do wonder if the current top teams may work to prevent Newcastle from breaking into the top 4.
We are probably overlooking a simple expediency - over time the qualification rules for the champions league will be adjusted to allow as many mega-rich clubs in as are required. UEFA knows that these teams are the fuel that drives Europe's financial engine. So top five in the premier League etc - Super League by the back door eventually.
Old 14-10-2021, 09:28 PM

jrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It practically is that already. It's not just "champions" that enter and its not a league. The format is designed so that the occasional "upset" of a smaller team getting a good result in the group stages is irrelevant and should the (UEFA) nightmare of one of those lesser teams make it to the knockouts two legs stack the odds in favour of the expected outcome.

I'd suggest the majority of true football supporters don't care which teams buy their way in. If it wasn't for Palace I'd probably never look at the Premier league results.
Old 15-10-2021, 09:36 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Maybe itís just the fact the press conference has been done via video link as has been the case for the last 18 months (and I canít say Iíve ever watched his pre match press conferences), but he seems anything but happy or calm and rather awkward - seems like a man knowing his outcome isnít far away.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-10-2021, 09:42 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I do wonder if the current top teams may work to prevent Newcastle from breaking into the top 4.
That is FFP in a nutshell. I'm against billionaire takeovers and states essentially running football clubs, but amongst all of this shite FFP almost beats everything from a football point of view. Almost every league in Europe has become a 1 team league since FFP was introduced. The only reason the Premier League is a 3 team league rather than being dominated by the 1 team with the biggest revenue is because Man U have been shit for 10 years.
Old 16-10-2021, 09:02 AM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here

Jonathan Woodgate saying it how it is and talking sense for once shocker.
Old 16-10-2021, 09:08 AM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
What position will they be in come next transfer window? Only players coming in will be ones chasing a big contract, usually without the character to dig in and get a club out of a bad position. Money does not guarantee success or both Man City and PSG would have won the Champions League by now.
Old 16-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
What position will they be in come next transfer window? Only players coming in will be ones chasing a big contract, usually without the character to dig in and get a club out of a bad position. Money does not guarantee success or both Man City and PSG would have won the Champions League by now.
I agree. They aren't going to be able to bring in a whole load of superstars straight up, we were joking with a lad at football last Sunday who is a Newcastle supporter saying imagine being in the Championship next season. Haarland and Mbappe going to Barnsley Away.
Old 16-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
They will start like Man City did, taking players off clubs like Everton, Villa, Arsenal etc they will weaken the teams around fourth place. Once they break into the top 4 they will then sign superstars.

I see the new owner are already talking about new training ground, developing st James park etc.
Old 16-10-2021, 10:26 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post

Jonathan Woodgate saying it how it is and talking sense for once shocker.
For the most part. I don’t think any player with something about him goes to Barca at the moment, though.
Old 16-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Baller!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
For the most part. I donít think any player with something about him goes to Barca at the moment, though.
Well no. But from a prestige point of view a lot of players would probably pick Barca way above Newcastle.
Old 16-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
They had to go through some years with the likes of SWP and Barton with Pearce and Hughes as bosses for quite a while...
Old 16-10-2021, 05:18 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
For the most part. I donít think any player with something about him goes to Barca at the moment, though.
See itís all about how Newcastle build their infrastructure from here. They need to go big and go and hire a recruitment team that will make the footballing world sit up and take notice like a Man City did. Thereís nothing stopping them going to get Barcaís or Bayernís back room. Then the big players will start to come in. As it stands they will have trouble bringing players in. If they make a power play behind the scenes then the stars will start to align.
Old 16-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Last time Laporta took over, the situation was fairly similar. They were in for Beckham, who turned them down because it was Real Madrid who had the mojo. They turned to the less prestigious signing of RonaldinhoÖ.. so weíll see. BarÁa are always BarÁa.
Old 16-10-2021, 05:49 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Not going to happen, but a relegation would just about sum Newcastle up.

I almost think it would be the funniest football thing ever.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-10-2021, 05:49 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Newcastle, Leeds and Watford would do me, and a lot of us, just fine.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 17-10-2021, 12:45 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
I am utterly disgusted with the coverage of the Newcastle takeover on Super Sunday, which pretty much dismisses the human rights situation in Saudi. Apparently Sky have taken the position that long as they chuck loads of money in, it appears everything else is immaterial and it’s not for them to criticise. There is such hypocrisy in the Premier league and Sky, how can they talk about how the rainbow laces campaign at the same time as the LGBT community in Saudi are being actively tortured and even killed to say nothing of the ongoing oppression of women and other human rights violations beggars belief. This was all about pirate broadcasting in Saudi for Sky and now that’s apparently sorted they can’t wait to get on board the Saudi train
Old 17-10-2021, 12:53 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
I am utterly disgusted with the coverage of the Newcastle takeover on Super Sunday, which pretty much dismisses the human rights situation in Saudi. Apparently Sky have taken the position that long as they chuck loads of money in, it appears everything else is immaterial and itís not for them to criticise. There is such hypocrisy in the Premier league and Sky, how can they talk about how the rainbow laces campaign at the same time as the LGBT community in Saudi are being actively tortured and even killed to say nothing of the ongoing oppression of women and other human rights violations beggars belief. This was all about pirate broadcasting in Saudi for Sky and now thatís apparently sorted they canít wait to get on board the Saudi train
I get all this but if you're hoping for morality better steer clear of the EPL. I watched Merson's documentary and felt queasy about us taking money from big gambling firms. Then I saw him on Soccer Saturday yesterday sandwiched between more gambling ads. It's all shit. Nothing will change and no one cares.
Old 17-10-2021, 01:02 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I get all this but if you're hoping for morality better steer clear of the EPL. I watched Merson's documentary and felt queasy about us taking money from big gambling firms. Then I saw him on Soccer Saturday yesterday sandwiched between more gambling ads. It's all shit. Nothing will change and no one cares.
I watched that too it was really hard to watch and welcoming betting companies into sport is making a serious problem grow exponentially. I agree with you football is no longer really about the sport or the fans that made it so successful it is only about money and it seems we are prepared to overlook all the bad as long as revenues keep on coming. Itís very sad
Old 17-10-2021, 01:04 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Yep. Gambling firms are paying his wages they also indirectly pay some of Wilfs wages and Connor Gallaghers loan fee. That said gambling firms don't compare to the vile evil regime that now owns Newcastle...
Old 17-10-2021, 01:16 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Gambling firms are paying his wages ..
I think they probably see it as more of a loan.