Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-10-2021, 07:51 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Hinterland (2021)
A murder mystery set in post World War I Vienna, the storyline is a bit clunky, but the cinematography is really striking( shades of German Expressionism), acting very good, and film touches on the post war traumas of Austria. 7/10 (BFI Southbank - London Film Festival)
Old 12-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
No Time to Die, 7.5/10, full Odeon isense experience. Top Daniel Craig performance as Bond, interesting ending and post credits. Say no more, but I enjoyed it, the first 30 minutes are up there with the best.
Old 13-10-2021, 12:17 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
No Time to Die, 7.5/10, full Odeon isense experience. Top Daniel Craig performance as Bond, interesting ending and post credits. Say no more, but I enjoyed it, the first 30 minutes are up there with the best.
Post credits?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
The final line Maidstoned, i'm pretty sure all JB movies have it. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but given what happens at the end of No Time to Die, i specifically waited to see if this line would appear. Since it did, the line might just become significant re the future of JB/007.
Old 13-10-2021, 01:54 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched Harry Brown over the weekend. Powerful stuff & a great performance from Michael Caine.
Old 14-10-2021, 12:09 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Young And Innocent (1937)
Sketchily plotted but amusing Hitchcock thriller with several excellent set pieces. 7.5/10 (DVD)

Last edited by cappuccinoeagle; 14-10-2021 at 06:26 PM.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:49 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
The final line Maidstoned, i'm pretty sure all JB movies have it. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but given what happens at the end of No Time to Die, i specifically waited to see if this line would appear. Since it did, the line might just become significant re the future of JB/007.
Ah, gotcha. So a caption card, not a post credits scene.

Old 14-10-2021, 08:05 AM
Palace 'til i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Ah, gotcha. So a caption card, not a post credits scene.
Yep, that's it
Old 14-10-2021, 01:16 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGregor View Post
Watched Harry Brown over the weekend. Powerful stuff & a great performance from Michael Caine.
Although a great film I found it profoundly depressing seeing as it represents so many estates in Britain today.
Old 14-10-2021, 02:53 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Although a great film I found it profoundly depressing seeing as it represents so many estates in Britain today.
Agreed. Just loved Harry extracting revenge on the low life scum though.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:34 PM

Encounter (2021)
Starts off with a bit of an Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers vibe, but becomes a well constructed mix of chase movie and domestic drama. Good performances from Riz Ahmed & Octavia Spencer and newcomers Lucian-River Chauhan & Aditya Geddada. 7.5/10 ( BFI Southbank- London Film Festival)
Old 14-10-2021, 09:18 PM

Bromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBromley Raven : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I watched RoboCop (1987) yesterday and RoboCop (2014) today to see how they compared. I'd seen the 1987 version before but not the 2014 version.

The 1987 film is still good and surprisingly doesn't look too dated other than ED-209's movements. It gets going quite quickly, but without feeling rushed, and is fun despite the violence. 8/10

The 2014 film is very slow in comparison. The first hour goes at a snail's pace, and the second rushes by much more quickly. I got more of a Dredd vibe from the second half than a RoboCop vibe, but overall it was nothing special whereas Dredd is great (the Karl Urban one, Judge Dredd with Stalone is rubbish). The whole thing feels a bit empty and soulless compared to the 1987 version. 5/10
Old 14-10-2021, 09:48 PM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Carlito's Way. What a load of outdated, cheesy crap. I loved it when it first came out, and it's a measure of how much I've changed. Or times have changed perhaps?

Last edited by Lazarus; 14-10-2021 at 09:49 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 14-10-2021, 09:54 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Taxi Driver. I had never seen it before (did'nt want to post in films I've never watched)Enjoyed it a bit dark but De Niro was very good. Finally got to see the famous "you looking at me" scene. A very young Harvey Keitel and an even younger Jodie foster.
Old 14-10-2021, 11:19 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched Catch Me If You Can (well most of it) again last weekend end. Really well put together film. Great performances, looks good and a subject that I've worked in that makes it really watchable. 8.5/10.
Old 15-10-2021, 02:18 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Just got back from the Bond movie, there were nine of us and most including me did not think much of it.
Old 15-10-2021, 02:19 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Just got back from the Bond movie, there were nine of us and most including me did not think much of it.
Thats because you is daft,

Old 15-10-2021, 06:26 PM

Munich The Edge Of War(2021)
A tense, intelligent, engrossing movie set in 1938 and based on a Robert Harris novel. Well acted all round, Jeremy Irons nicks it with a sympathetic portrayal of Neville Chamberlain. 7.5/10 ( BFI Southbank- London Film Festival)
Old 15-10-2021, 10:20 PM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
Copshop. Guy everyone wants gets himself put into holding cell on purpose. Mayhem ensues all evening with plenty of twists and turns. Entertaining hokum. A good 6/10
Old 16-10-2021, 01:00 AM

The Secret Life Of Pets(2016)
Amusing animation with some memorable characters. 7/10 (Amazon Prime)