Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2019, 11:35 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Announce activated recall clause.
This ^^^
Old 16-10-2019, 05:05 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did not really influence the game much yesterday, until he scored but that's what matters in the end.

Thing is, if we put those kinds of balls in the box at palace both him and Benteke would put them away regularly. But we never do, do we? Endless stopovers and crosses going astray is what we serve up.
Old 16-10-2019, 06:10 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
He'd score goals if big Sam was here, but the way roy sets up does not suit target men
Old 16-10-2019, 06:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Baldvinson scored for the Faroe islands as well - a cheeky 10 million bid?
Old 16-10-2019, 06:46 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Did not really influence the game much yesterday, until he scored but that's what matters in the end.

Thing is, if we put those kinds of balls in the box at palace both him and Benteke would put them away regularly. But we never do, do we? Endless stopovers and crosses going astray is what we serve up.
Benteke wouldn't Get on the end of that, wasn't directly on his head
Old 16-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very Palace to have a goal scorer out on loan and only have none scoring and not playing strikers left. Fair play to Sorloth, making a few on here look very silly by consistently scoring having been given a proper chance.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:22 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
The way we play doesn't suit target men, be it Benteke or Sorloth.
Murray would have been fine (I'm just saying pls don't hate)
Old 16-10-2019, 08:23 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTON View Post
...Is the right answer. It's odd how many target men we've signed over the years that have never worked for us, yet we still keep signing them.

Yep. We need a Callum Wilson/Michy type striker in January.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:03 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
Very Palace to have a goal scorer out on loan and only have none scoring and not playing strikers left. Fair play to Sorloth, making a few on here look very silly by consistently scoring having been given a proper chance.
100%. He was never as bad as some said. I saw enough flashes to suggest he should have been given opportunities. It must have been soul destroying watching Benteke lumbering around up front while he didn’t get a proper run of games.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Murray would have been fine (I'm just saying pls don't hate)
I never saw Murray as a true target man, yes he had good hold up play but in my mind target man are those running on to balls in the box, often with their heads. Ayew is not a target man in my book and seems to do better in Roys system than any of the other strikers.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
I never once saw him attack a header like that while he was here, and don't give me this 'he wasn't given any crosses' bollocks. I saw him literally duck under a cross away to Boro in the cup.

I'd love him to come back full of confidence and take Benteke's place, but as others have said neither particularly suit our system so it's much of a muchness.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:10 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Ayew is a intelligent footballer, he runs the channels very well... he hasn’t blistering pace, but isn’t slow either. He also understands that he has to make sacrifices in his own game for the benefit of the team effort. Something I’ve never seen from CB... and sadly I don’t think CW will ever be a starter for us. If Ayew gets injured, we is fukked. The closest we had to Ayew was Sorloth.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:16 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I never once saw him attack a header like that while he was here, and don't give me this 'he wasn't given any crosses' bollocks. I saw him literally duck under a cross away to Boro in the cup.

I'd love him to come back full of confidence and take Benteke's place, but as others have said neither particularly suit our system so it's much of a muchness.
Maybe he got a shout, or thought he heard a shout V Boro? He was a young player, playing in a new league, in a foreign country, in a struggling team.

You can’t say he was shit v boro so let’s write him off, while ignoring that he was decent V Everton/Spurs/Chelsea.

You gotta look at all the evidence while taking in to account contributory factors (like I’ve mentioned previously). He seems to be doing better with regular game time in his preferred position. Hopefully he will continue to improve.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:21 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is still only 23. Not many strikers scoring goals in the premier league in their early 20s. Unfortunately we aren’t in the position to develop a player in that position, given our forwards are often isolated and our midfield have very low stats for key chances created. Buying someone like this and loaning then out until they are ready for the premier league could be a good tactic for us. Although it looks in this instance that we have given up on him and structured a deal that has essentially sold him.
Old 16-10-2019, 11:22 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Ayew is a intelligent footballer, he runs the channels very well... he hasn’t blistering pace, but isn’t slow either. He also understands that he has to make sacrifices in his own game for the benefit of the team effort. Something I’ve never seen from CB... and sadly I don’t think CW will ever be a starter for us. If Ayew gets injured, we is fukked. The closest we had to Ayew was Sorloth .
Good grief!
Old 16-10-2019, 11:45 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
He is still only 23. Not many strikers scoring goals in the premier league in their early 20s. Unfortunately we aren’t in the position to develop a player in that position, given our forwards are often isolated and our midfield have very low stats for key chances created. Buying someone like this and loaning then out until they are ready for the premier league could be a good tactic for us. Although it looks in this instance that we have given up on him and structured a deal that has essentially sold him.
Do we know how much the deal is for them to get him permanently? I’d hope it’s performance based as if he keeps up this form, we’d get a decent fee. Shame if we’ve really given up on him though, think he’s worth giving a second chance after this confidence booster personally.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:56 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Do we know how much the deal is for them to get him permanently? I’d hope it’s performance based as if he keeps up this form, we’d get a decent fee. Shame if we’ve really given up on him though, think he’s worth giving a second chance after this confidence booster personally.
Would be ridiculous to sign such a young striker for good money and just give up on him so quickly, hoping that isn't the case.
Old 16-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe he got a shout, or thought he heard a shout V Boro? He was a young player, playing in a new league, in a foreign country, in a struggling team.

You can’t say he was shit v boro so let’s write him off, while ignoring that he was decent V Everton/Spurs/Chelsea.

You gotta look at all the evidence while taking in to account contributory factors (like I’ve mentioned previously). He seems to be doing better with regular game time in his preferred position. Hopefully he will continue to improve.
There were plenty of other instances where he failed to impose himself or attack the ball when it was begging to be attacked. I just used the Boro one as a prime example.

For what it's worth I just think he was out of his depth (understandable at that age) and lost confidence very quickly. There's no reason why he can't go on to be a good player if he uses his (literal) strengths. He did show glimpses in games.
Old 16-10-2019, 01:34 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Good grief!

You think CB and CW are more similar to Ayew than Sorloth? Can you see CB running the channels for 90mins? Can you see CW ever getting fit enough to last 90mins let alone play as a lone hard-working striker?
Old 16-10-2019, 01:40 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
You think CB and CW are more similar to Ayew than Sorloth? Can you see CB running the channels for 90mins? Can you see CW ever getting fit enough to last 90mins let alone play as a lone hard-working striker?
No,. They're nothing like him, and neither is Sorloth. Sorloth has shown nothing in the time he's been at Palace to suggest he's capable in the Premier League, despite people bigging up his first few performances solely because he isn't Benteke. Now he may come good, but you shouldn't make stuff up just to suit your narrative.