Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-10-2019, 09:00 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
He won’t be coming back here imo, there is a deal on the table for them to sign him permanently if we can get most of our money back take it

If we had any interest is keeping him he should have been acclimatised in the Championship, that would have given us a clearer picture
Old 28-10-2019, 09:03 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
He's playing in Turkey, even benteke would score there
Steady on!

I'm not convinced Benteke would score at my amateur level!
Old 28-10-2019, 10:24 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
That would probably explain why he was the one to go out on loan, as the other two were stuck here no matter what.
Sadly so. I’d rather have had a raw Sorloth over a permanently injured Wickham and a lamppost in benteke.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:25 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
I doubt if is possible to come back any worse than he left.
He’s young enough to improve. A season or two regularly scoring and I don’t see why he couldn’t come back and be useful.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:43 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
The guy can't win..... if he doesn't score in Turkey... it's because he is shit.... if he does, it's because the league is shit.
Old 29-10-2019, 12:02 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
The guy can't win..... if he doesn't score in Turkey... it's because he is shit.... if he does, it's because the league is shit.
He is doing well there, without doubt. Does it mean he would be doing well and scoring if he was here playing for us? Not really. I think its also fair to say that scoring there doesn't necessarily mean he is good enough for this level. Maybe he could be but the evidence when he was here suggested not,
Old 29-10-2019, 08:06 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
He is doing well there, without doubt. Does it mean he would be doing well and scoring if he was here playing for us? Not really. I think its also fair to say that scoring there doesn't necessarily mean he is good enough for this level. Maybe he could be but the evidence when he was here suggested not,

He showed some good and some bad. He is now getting a run of games and is doing better than Sturridge (who was wanted by many on here). I’m not saying he is brilliant or will be brilliant, what I’m saying is, he has shown enough to say we should show patience... give him a chance. Do you think CW or CB would be doing as well as him in Turkey?
Old 29-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Two year loan suggests we’ve given up.. had it been one we could have had a genuine look at him again in pre-season to see if it had clicked
Old 29-10-2019, 08:37 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
100% we'd be chomping at the bit on here if he wasn't a Palace player to sign him in January if we were linked with him now.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 29-10-2019, 09:37 AM

akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Turkish league is a waste of time as a comparison, Papis Cisse is tearing it up there at 34 years old and is top scorer in the league.
Old 29-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
He won’t be coming back here imo, there is a deal on the table for them to sign him permanently if we can get most of our money back take it

If we had any interest is keeping him he should have been acclimatised in the Championship, that would have given us a clearer picture
This. The deal says if he plays more than half the games over the nex two seasons, the deal will be made permanent. That means if he does fairly well he will not return, but if he fails we are on the hook for a further two years.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:45 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think it's important to remember that he was purchased as a young player for us to develop. 23 years old and never played before in the best league in the world, being given 4/5 minutes at the end of games we are chasing and being expected to make a difference is a big ask.

Hopefully his loan spell will develop him further, give him some confidence so he can return to us and we will reap the rewards.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:24 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
he'll never produce this kind of form in the Premier League, a poor signing - see also Rakip, Jach, - what an awful window that was
Old 29-10-2019, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
He showed some good and some bad. He is now getting a run of games and is doing better than Sturridge (who was wanted by many on here). I’m not saying he is brilliant or will be brilliant, what I’m saying is, he has shown enough to say we should show patience... give him a chance. Do you think CW or CB would be doing as well as him in Turkey?
Genuinely don't know. Wickham obviously isn't fit (or very rarely is) so he is unlikely to do well anywhere.

As for Benteke? Yes, I think its possible he could do very well there. Like Sorloth I od think confidence is part (not all of the issue) so one goal in an easier league could certainly lead to more,especially if like Sorloth he was playing for one of the best teams in the league. And also the standard is significantly lower than it is here.

I just saw nothing to suggest Sorloth could be a success at Premier League level but of course players do develop differently and at different stages in their career. Glenn Murray, Grant Holt peaked late, others peak early. But as someone else pointed out a 34 year Papis Cisse has 9 goals in 9 games over there this season and I wouldn't expect him to score goals for us in the Premier league.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 29-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:59 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
The Turkish league is a waste of time as a comparison, Papis Cisse is tearing it up there at 34 years old and is top scorer in the league.
yes. and to think that JACH couldn't even get a game there
Old 29-10-2019, 03:05 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
he'll never produce this kind of form in the Premier League, a poor signing - see also Rakip, Jach, - what an awful window that was
Unfortunately this is the kind of attitude towards players that will mean they never get the backing they deserve in a red and blue shirt.

Let's give them a chance, eh?
Old 29-10-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I'm pretty sure he got a handful of games.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:47 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Genuinely don't know. Wickham obviously isn't fit (or very rarely is) so he is unlikely to do well anywhere.

As for Benteke? Yes, I think its possible he could do very well there. Like Sorloth I od think confidence is part (not all of the issue) so one goal in an easier league could certainly lead to more,especially if like Sorloth he was playing for one of the best teams in the league. And also the standard is significantly lower than it is here.

I just saw nothing to suggest Sorloth could be a success at Premier League level but of course players do develop differently and at different stages in their career. Glenn Murray, Grant Holt peaked late, others peak early. But as someone else pointed out a 34 year Papis Cisse has 9 goals in 9 games over there this season and I wouldn't expect him to score goals for us in the Premier league.

AS has shown enough to warrant a bit of patience... I don’t think CB would do as well as AS over there... I don’t think CB can physically play for 90mins... he is half the player he was at Villa. AS has scored a few goals where he has run in behind... I can’t see CB doing that. I think CB is now a one trick pony... if you put the ball on his head he is decent... but that’s it.
The way RH wants us to play is by having a front man that will run the channels, get in behind and stretch the play. Ayew is good at that. CW/CB can’t do it... if Ayew gets crocked... we are fukked. I would have kept AS if CB/CW are our replacement strikers.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:52 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Unfortunately this is the kind of attitude towards players that will mean they never get the backing they deserve in a red and blue shirt.

Let's give them a chance, eh?

We’ve become very spursy lately.
AS is playing consecutive games upfront and is improving... how much he’ll improve is anyone’s guess... but with our current crop of strikers... I’d defo prefer him to CW/CB.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:53 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
What on earth is the obsession people have with Jach/Rakip. Two drops in the ocean money wise yet always seem to get mentioned.

All these people writing off Sorloth might want to remember where players like Murray and Lambert where at his age.