Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-10-2018, 11:52 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
amazing how he was written off by many on here.

4 words......

PLAY
TO
HIS
STRENGTHS
HES
A
LUMP
HE
WONT
BE
GOOD
AT
TIPPY-TAPPY....

ok, thats more than 4
Old 29-10-2018, 12:47 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I hate the way people right players off after 5 minutes how can anyone decide on whether Ayew or Sorloth are good enough? they've hardly played.

AJ took at least 6 months of regular first team football before really getting going, nowadays he'd of been completely written off as clueless, waste of space, headless chicken blahblahblah

Personally I was quite pleased with both Ayew and Sorloth yesterday.
Old 29-10-2018, 12:59 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders View Post
Have to say I’m totally shocked at how quickly palace fans have written him off
There's a fault with the BBS server - it says you have been on here since 2000 ...
Old 29-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I hate the way people right players off after 5 minutes how can anyone decide on whether Ayew or Sorloth are good enough? they've hardly played.

AJ took at least 6 months of regular first team football before really getting going, nowadays he'd of been completely written off as clueless, waste of space, headless chicken blahblahblah

Agree and it seems to go both ways. Deciding a player is going be a superstar before he has kicked a ball. Then delight in condemning them to the bin after a couple of months no doubt. Just seems odd but it’s how it is with everything. No patience or middle ground. I blame McDonalds
Old 29-10-2018, 01:37 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hope he starts tomorrow, but even if he doesn't set the world alight, deserves more of a chance in a first team game. I have been impressed with him since Chelsea away, where he caused problems. He even looked a handful on the left wing v. Spurs. He heads the ball well and I remember him writing Dembele off in a 50/50. Not many do that.

I have always found it funny and weird that Golf Boy and all the rest of them have been so quick to completely write him off as he just hasn't had a chance with all our first team lads to make any impression, let alone a bad one. If anything, he has done well.

Best of luck to him tomorrow, he scored in his last start. Worth remembering.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:53 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Some on here make judgements purely out of frustration at times. Sorloth has had little opportunity to show what he can do and when he has come on as a sub it's when we are losing with 5 to 10 mins left. Gets f all service. Our corners are woeful and he is criticised for not getting goals. I have as much chance of scoring from my seat based on the service he has had. If he has 5 or 6 starts and flops then maybe criticise but FFS give him a chance
Old 29-10-2018, 02:06 PM

victor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevictor43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Strangely for a big man, I think he actually looks better with the ball at his feet rather than as a target man - he isn't as good at challenging for long balls as Benteke.

Think he's more suited to playing for us on the counter rather than when we dominate the ball and try to break teams down.

I'm happy to have him in the squad tbh

Or follow my twitter https://twitter.com/AJMH_
Old 29-10-2018, 02:08 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Kebab View Post
According to one of the podcasts, he had an outburst in the Norwegian press about not being in the team, it seems Roy may have used that as an opportunity to manage him very effectively. Yesterday he wanted the ball and wanted to prove he deserves to be selected for the team, he was not doing that before.
How long before we hear that something was said but got "lost in translation"
Old 29-10-2018, 02:29 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Agree and it seems to go both ways. Deciding a player is going be a superstar before he has kicked a ball. Then delight in condemning them to the bin after a couple of months no doubt. Just seems odd but it’s how it is with everything. No patience or middle ground. I blame McDonalds
Yeah Meyer is an absolute footballing God and Roy's clueless for not starting him. I like him but nobody really knows how good or bad he is in the Prem.

Yeah instant gratification innit?
Old 29-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

AJ took at least 6 months of regular first team football before really getting going..
I am sorry, although i do agree with you on Sorloth, this is total bollox. AJ broke his neck in his first game, but was back 4 days later. He scored a hat trick against Brighton and then again another a few days later in October of his first season. He ended up with 14 goals that season with stats of a goal every 2.5 games.
Old 29-10-2018, 04:18 PM

Donaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He impressed me yesterday I've got to say. Well done lad
Old 29-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Donaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonaldtrumpin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders View Post
Have to say I’m totally shocked at how quickly palace fans have written him off
He hasn’t played
That's not true at all he hasn't been very good at all since he has arrived. He definitely played well yesterday but he still has a lot to prove. Surely even you can admit he's not been playing well?
Old 29-10-2018, 04:22 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldtrumpin View Post
That's not true at all he hasn't been very good at all since he has arrived. He definitely played well yesterday but he still has a lot to prove. Surely even you can admit he's not been playing well?
"Not been playing well". It's very difficult to do that when you get 5-10 minutes at the end of a game which we are already losing.
Old 29-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
"Not been playing well". It's very difficult to do that when you get 5-10 minutes at the end of a game which we are already losing.
I've seen it in the media too that people have thought he hasn't really done it here either. He's had more time than you are suggesting
Old 29-10-2018, 04:31 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldtrumpin View Post
I've seen it in the media too that people have thought he hasn't really done it here either. He's had more time than you are suggesting
Fair enough if you think that. I just honestly don't think people can judge someone so much when (1) he's only had a few minutes every few games (not even back to back, (2) the whole team has been poor for much of the season, so he's hardly coming into a positive / creative team, and (3) he's still only 22. As people have said, we bloody love Glenn Murray (or at least did until he went back to Brighton) and he was still playing non-league at this age.

I'm not saying I think he is the answer and I'm not even convinced myself, but the way some people are saying he's a no-hoper is just a bit extreme.
Old 29-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I am sorry, although i do agree with you on Sorloth, this is total bollox. AJ broke his neck in his first game, but was back 4 days later. He scored a hat trick against Brighton and then again another a few days later in October of his first season. He ended up with 14 goals that season with stats of a goal every 2.5 games.
For Birmingham his scoring record was very poor, 8 goals in 83. So he actually took 3-4 years of first-team football at Championship level before he flourished...
Old 29-10-2018, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

I think it's part of the PL lifestyle. Every point is so hard to get and so precious in this league that we all, myself included, probably over react quicker and there is less patience for results/ players.
Old 29-10-2018, 05:29 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully he'll kick on from here and can bag a goal or two
Old 29-10-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think it's part of the PL lifestyle. Every point is so hard to get and so precious in this league that we all, myself included, probably over react quicker and there is less patience for results/ players.
The problem is there's a lot of hypocrisy. We often have the same people slating Sorloth but at the same time screaming out for (for example) Kai Kai to get game time, when by all accounts the (equally) limited exposure he has had has shown him also not to be up to much. We can't have it both ways. Either write everyone off equally, or don't write them off at all until they have had an extended run out.
Old 29-10-2018, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
The problem is there's a lot of hypocrisy. We often have the same people slating Sorloth but at the same time screaming out for (for example) Kai Kai to get game time, when by all accounts the (equally) limited exposure he has had has shown him also not to be up to much. We can't have it both ways. Either write everyone off equally, or don't write them off at all until they have had an extended run out.
I don't take enough notice of who says what re. the hypocrisy thing so I just don't know. I think Sorloth is useful as a squad memeber but I also think that we paid way over the top for him. Been underwhelmed by his performances so far but I missed the game yesterday so pleased to hear him get some good reviews.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 29-10-2018 at 10:11 PM.