Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 09-09-2019, 10:54 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Presumably that is a matter of personal choice ; choice where you choose to live, choice where you choose to work, and choice how you choose to get there.
In the same way that tonight many will choose not to dine at the Ritz

You seem to be a little out of touch with choices actually available to many people.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:55 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Presumably that is a matter of personal choice ; choice where you choose to live, choice where you choose to work, and choice how you choose to get there.
In my game you have to go where the work is, they don't constantly build roads in Aberdeen. I get home once a month, for 2 nights, ok the money is good, but to hear the whinging is hilarious.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:02 AM

Vicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
What follows is just my philosophical thought so I understand that people may take issue with it:

I completely for this the shorter working week. Work is an invented social construct. There is working for surviving or growing as a person but to spend most of your life doing a job that in the grand scheme of things isn't living. 3/4s of people’s days are spend travelling and working. Add in emails etc out of work, people are effectively chained around the ankle to their jobs. Is this the best way to live for the human race?

Part of the reason this country has an alcohol problem is that people work too hard which leads to a living for the weekend mentality. The extra day off would be great if it was spend on developing yourself or spending time with your family. We already lost Sunday as a day of rest in this country (due to shops being open etc the shift from Sunday being a day off rest with the family has been reduced to another potential working day. Shops open for business etc)

We have to be realistic. Population is on the increase and jobs will be come more and more automated. Simply humans wont need to work asmuch and there will be a massive over saturation of workers. It make take a hundred years or longer but we are still living in an industrial age, maybe future generations will look at us almost like the middle ages in our approach to work and how we develop ourselves.
I'll have some of what this fella's on........Fantasy world
Old 09-09-2019, 11:05 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicmo View Post
I'll have some of what this fella's on........Fantasy world
Have to agree. pure shite.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
In the same way that tonight many will choose not to dine at the Ritz
No, really not in the same way at all.

One is a choice of life style, and the other a choice on how to spend money. If you're going to argue a case, do try to to avoid spurious points.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 11:11 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Point proven.
How about staying off here altogether and doing what you are paid for.
what point is proven?

I do do what I am paid for, and I do it very successfully. I am of course not surprised that you are unable to understand anything that isn't black and white.
You are a very simple minded man.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
For office staff maybe. Its telling that the busiest time for the BBS is office hours. Do your job instead of sodding around on the internet (not aimed at you personally).

The busiest time on the BBS should be out of office hours, IE in your own unpaid time.

Oh and I am able to post in the day today as I am off work.
Congratulations on working non-stop all day with zero downtime or breaks or lunch.

(Posted during my lunch break)
Old 09-09-2019, 11:24 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
what point is proven?

I do do what I am paid for, and I do it very successfully. I am of course not surprised that you are unable to understand anything that isn't black and white.
You are a very simple minded man.
Er, you said that you stay off here more, erg you are on here when you are being paid to to a job, like a lot of people on here, judging by the times the majority of posts are here. Unless you own the company, you are stealing.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:27 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Congratulations on working non-stop all day with zero downtime or breaks or lunch.

And being massively unproductive because if it. *Also posted in my lunch break which is going to be short today as I am going to have a meeting with someone that needs my help at half past.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:28 AM
moist

Quote:
Er, you said that you stay off here more, erg you are on here when you are being paid to to a job, like a lot of people on here, judging by the times the majority of posts are here. Unless you own the company, you are stealing.
As I said, you are simple minded and have no idea how managing your time to be most efficient, having down time to increase productivity etc works.

Er indeed
Old 09-09-2019, 11:29 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No, really not in the same way at all.

One is a choice of life style, and the other a choice on how to spend money. If you're going to argue a case, do try to to avoid spurious points.

I doubt that you never have any meaningful, face to face exchanges with anyone on minimum wage or London Living wage

And I'm pretty confident that by the time you've read this sentence you will have convinced yourself that of course you do.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:29 AM
XXVII

Quote:

I work a 12 hr shift with 2 half hour break, one paid, one not. Weekends its a 9 hr shift same breaks. And yes, I am constantly on the go.
I see my missus once a month. I am currently sitting in the airport, I will get home about 4pm and I will be back at the airport to come back at approx 12.30 pm on Wednesday. Not much downtime. I dont whinge anywhere near some of the nancyboy office wankers.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:33 AM
XXVII

Quote:
And being massively unproductive because if it. *Also posted in my lunch break which is going to be short today as I am going to have a meeting with someone that needs my help at half past.
Massivelly unproductive? I left for another job just two weeks ago, they begged me so much to come back, and beat the 60% payrise I was going to that I came back in 2 days. Put the effort in and get the rewards.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:34 AM
XXVII

Quote:
As I said, you are simple minded and have no idea how managing your time to be most efficient, having down time to increase productivity etc works.

Er indeed
Office work is vastly different to what I do.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:36 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fully paid up member of the silly party. You also show normal signs of small man syndrome.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:37 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Fully paid up member of the silly party. You also show normal signs of small man syndrome.
Sod off you giant bastard.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
I work a 12 hr shift with 2 half hour break, one paid, one not. Weekends its a 9 hr shift same breaks. And yes, I am constantly on the go.
I see my missus once a month. I am currently sitting in the airport, I will get home about 4pm and I will be back at the airport to come back at approx 12.30 pm on Wednesday. Not much downtime. I dont whinge anywhere near some of the nancyboy office wankers.
Thanks for confirming people have breaks at work. Perhaps people use the BBS during those breaks at work
Old 09-09-2019, 11:48 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Thanks for confirming people have breaks at work. Perhaps people use the BBS during those breaks at work
I dont, I use my break to relax, thats why most of my posts are between 4 and 6 am and after 7pm. Where as the majority ob the posters of the bbs post all day weekdays and stop at weekends.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
I doubt that you never have any meaningful, face to face exchanges with anyone on minimum wage or London Living wage
You'd be wrong. Of course.

In fact, I have had very many conversations with people who earn a lot less than minimum wage.

Not too sure of why this is at all relevant to the point you were trying to make.

Oh yes, have just noticed you have actually yet to make any cogent point ; just tiresomely sniping from the sidelines.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Climbing for dollars

Anyway back to work now lunch is over.
Might post again later when its tea break time.