Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 09-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
Having looked back I can see that you did not tell anyone anything. You simply made an observation that 'presumably' they have a choice, about where they live and work. Clearly you were not aware that many have no such choice, in realistic, practical terms but I'm pleased that you are now aware.
Maybe you should try posting about the thread topic rather than solely about me?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Maybe you should try posting about the thread topic rather than solely about me?
I'm not posting about you. I was posting about your presumptions - what you posted.

Is that not the purpose of a discussion forum ?
Old 09-09-2019, 02:57 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
I work a 12 hr shift with 2 half hour break, one paid, one not. Weekends its a 9 hr shift same breaks. And yes, I am constantly on the go.
I see my missus once a month. I am currently sitting in the airport, I will get home about 4pm and I will be back at the airport to come back at approx 12.30 pm on Wednesday. Not much downtime. I dont whinge anywhere near some of the nancyboy office wankers.
Thatís what happens with work that has no weak unions, combined with Tory anti union laws.

You end up working long hours and have loads of quality family and social time taken away. Itís grim.

Dunno about whinging but itís better to stand up to that than be a doormat. There are also lots of people, for very good reasons, that canít do that amount of hours.

The tories really love a doornat worker who says donít whinge and just put up with it.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
I'm not posting about you.

Your first post on the thread...
Quote:
If you focus a little more on values and a little less on costs you might then be able to answer your question.
Your second...
Quote:
You seem to be a little out of touch with choices actually available to many people.
Your third...
Quote:
I'm pretty confident that by the time you've read this sentence you will have convinced yourself that of course you do.
Your fourth finally made a point that was not ad hominem. About time, but it wasn't a bad point.

Shame your filth regressed then...
Quote:
Clearly you were not aware that many have no such choice, in realistic, practical terms but I'm pleased that you are now aware.
Which takes us nearly up to date.

Maybe you want to comment on what some other people have said? I'm a v. interesting person, but to just focus on me makes for rather a dull thread.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 03:02 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
There is no reason we should work a fixed number of days a week. If people do less days then in some cases productivity won’t drop so it won’t matter. Where it does employ more people and take less profit.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:04 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
He said once a month.

It seems a really bleak situation.
Depends. In the plus side his missus sees him once a month.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:05 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Maz;14911572]I'm a v. interesting person, ……………..

Are you ?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:05 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
There is no reason we should work a fixed number of days a week. If people do less days then in some cases productivity wonít drop so it wonít matter..

Your first sentence I agree with.

Your second is too general be be true : it will depend on the industry and the company.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 03:07 PM

Firstly I just don’t accept that people choose to have low wages, long hours and long commutes. It would be a fairly bizarre choice if they could do the opposite of all that.

But even with little al it’s tragic. Humanity is about bonds with family and friends. To spend so little time with loved ones is no life really.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Your first sentence I agree with.

Your second is too general be be true : it will depend on the industry and the company.
Which is why I said when it does they will will need to employ more people and take less profit.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:11 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Mmm, regressive filth.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Which is why I said when it does they will will need to employ more people and take less profit.

No, again it's too universal. I know many SME's whose profits just about pay for the company to keep running, (not least over the past few years which have been a bit uncertain).

Your view of all companies being run by cigar-chomping capitalists maybe needs a bit of revision.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 03:19 PM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As much as I agree with a 4 day working week I am not sure what the government can do. Nothing really stops people working a 7 day week rather than 5 now so what's the difference if the 'working week' is 4 days.

Unless it means for public sector.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
No, again it's too universal. I know many SME's whose profits just about pay for the company to keep running, (not least over the past few years which have been a bit uncertain).

Your view of all companies being run by cigar-chomping capitalists maybe needs a bit of revision.
In those cases the government can assist but a lot of large companies make huge profits and could afford it.

Surely humanity hasnít reacted a peak where working days and hours canít be reduced.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamiman View Post
As much as I agree with a 4 day working week I am not sure what the government can do. Nothing really stops people working a 7 day week rather than 5 now so what's the difference if the 'working week' is 4 days.

You introduce legislation with a lower maximum hours/days. With exceptions where necessary.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Semper Idem

That wasn't exactly a booming success in France ; and they've had nearly two decades to get it right.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamiman View Post

A mindset or idea, leads to change and adjustment of peopleís approach to what we should all be doing with our lives. Just like companies having different ideas with their office spaces, these things will be trailed rather than enforced.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:50 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
The only way this would work for a lot of small businesses (including my own) would be to make full time roles redundant and only employ part-timers all working less than 4 days on hourly pay.

The other option would be to close down giving everyone (including me) seven days off a week but zero pay.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
The only way this would work for a lot of small businesses (including my own) would be to make full time roles redundant and only employ part-timers all working less than 4 days on hourly pay.

The other option would be to close down giving everyone (including me) seven days off a week but zero pay.
Well no because the government could help small businesses.

As said above surly this canít be the pinnacle of human development and leisure time?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
You introduce legislation with a lower maximum hours/days. With exceptions where necessary.
Well good luck with competing with the rest of the world for contracts and business on those terms.