Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 26-08-2016, 06:59 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Nice collection. I picked up a LP 100th anniversary SG last year. Also have a 2010 Gretsch 5120 in orange.
The Country Gent looks lovely.
Old 26-08-2016, 07:18 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Good to see a DL4 lurking there. Nice Suhr T, his stuff is immaculately built.
Old 26-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers guys , I recently picked up a Suhr 50s Classic strat too and must say I've never played a fender that I'm as happy with as the suhrs. Both really well made and sound more fendery than the fenders if that makes any sense.
Old 26-08-2016, 07:57 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Cheers guys , I recently picked up a Suhr 50s Classic strat too and must say I've never played a fender that I'm as happy with as the suhrs. Both really well made and sound more fendery than the fenders if that makes any sense.
Totally. I've got one of the Suhr Classic pro's. It's the only strat I've ever been able to use reliably with a floating trem. It's exceptional.
I'll definitely be considering a Suhr when I'm next in the market for a tele.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:58 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
As regulars on the various guitar forums might know, the holy grail for me for something like 25 years has eluded me. Finding a lefty version has been like searching for a needle in a haystack. It's been a dream that I thought would never be realised.

However, at last I've got her (guitars are always women). I'd be surprised if it's not the last guitar I ever buy.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:52 PM
legit

SG2000? Looks very nice. Congrats.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:59 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
As regulars on the various guitar forums might know, the holy grail for me for something like 25 years has eluded me. Finding a lefty version has been like searching for a needle in a haystack. It's been a dream that I thought would never be realised.

However, at last I've got her (guitars are always women). I'd be surprised if it's not the last guitar I ever buy.

The guitarist in the the first (outside school) band I was in had one (right handed). he was a Bill Nelson nut and had the haircut as well.
Old 13-09-2016, 12:34 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
The guitarist in the the first (outside school) band I was in had one (right handed). he was a Bill Nelson nut and had the haircut as well.
I was a big Bebop Deluxe fan. Nelson is a fantastically economic guitarist.

Yes, a 1982 SG2000. Over the years, I could have got a 500 or 1000, but always really wanted the 2000. Now for a Mesa Boogie combo to go with it (don't think my Fender amp will do it justice).
Old 02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

My oldest guitar. 1964. Swedish Futurama. It's pretty, but a bit of a plank.

Old 26-10-2016, 01:20 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Just bought a walnut Ibanez Mikro bass for the youngest. Lovely starter bass. Here's to noisy weekends. The wife's ecstatic
Old 26-10-2016, 04:17 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
My oldest guitar. 1964. Swedish Futurama. It's pretty, but a bit of a plank.

My memories of this are a little cloudy but I remember, sometime in the early 60's, I was maybe 5 or younger, my Dad bought a white Futurama semi for me to play when I got older. I remember seeing it in it's case. He then sold it again a few weeks later - I remember looking out the window of our flat in Sutton, watching a guy carrying it away down the street.
Old 26-10-2016, 05:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
My memories of this are a little cloudy but I remember, sometime in the early 60's, I was maybe 5 or younger, my Dad bought a white Futurama semi for me to play when I got older. I remember seeing it in it's case. He then sold it again a few weeks later - I remember looking out the window of our flat in Sutton, watching a guy carrying it away down the street.
Rent's gotta be paid.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:45 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Anyone got their eye on anything for Christmas?
Old 04-12-2016, 08:39 PM
legit

I was supposed to be saving for a bass amp, but a couple of pedals I've been after came up so I got my xmas treats in early.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:57 PM
The Bringer of Joy

What do they do?
Old 05-12-2016, 07:41 PM
legit

The Broadcast is a boost / overdrive / fuzz. The other one is a compressor.

What are you getting next? And how is the Yamaha SG settling in?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
What a fabulous thread.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:01 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
The Broadcast is a boost / overdrive / fuzz. The other one is a compressor.

What are you getting next? And how is the Yamaha SG settling in?
Mesa Boogie combo, I hope. THE amp for the SG. I am getting very little sleep. Headphones on until the early hours. She's lovely. Let us know how the Broadcast rates. What Bass amps are you looking at? I'm currently using a TC Electronics tone print combo. Lot of fun. My old bass rig consists of a Trace E head and Mesa Boogie cab (both mid 80's). Youngest son has a neat little Fender Rumble Bass combo.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:40 PM
legit

Excellent, glad you're enjoying the SG. She's a beauty. Which Mesa will you get? Always tempted when I see those second hand.

The Broadcast is a very interesting pedal. Lots of tones in there. It's supposed to be a germanium pre-amp in the style of the old studio consoles and meant to be used as a boost or a low gainer, but in high gain mode it turns into a really unique fuzz that I like a lot.

I want the smallest bass combo I can find for home use only, and the Phil Jones Double Four looks like just the ticket. It's tiny. Those TC combos look nice but are too big and powerful for me.

There's the Markbass Micro too but the PJB looks better. I've had quite a nice Warwick bass for 10 years but never had a proper amp for it.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:09 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Excellent, glad you're enjoying the SG. She's a beauty. Which Mesa will you get? Always tempted when I see those second hand.

The Broadcast is a very interesting pedal. Lots of tones in there. It's supposed to be a germanium pre-amp in the style of the old studio consoles and meant to be used as a boost or a low gainer, but in high gain mode it turns into a really unique fuzz that I like a lot.

I want the smallest bass combo I can find for home use only, and the Phil Jones Double Four looks like just the ticket. It's tiny. Those TC combos look nice but are too big and powerful for me.

There's the Markbass Micro too but the PJB looks better. I've had quite a nice Warwick bass for 10 years but never had a proper amp for it.
I'm after that 'wasp in a jam jar' tone, but one that doesn't drop output too much when stomped in. Haven't found the sound that's in my head yet! Closest I've come is my old Ibanez wah/fuzz, which I unfortunately kicked to death!

Don't know much about the smaller bass amps. Always had slightly larger set ups. The TC is a bit big for home playing, so I'm quite enjoying the nipper's Fender.
Have you tried out the bass Big Muff?

I'm going to take the SG down to the local guitar store where they've got a bunch of Mesa gear. I am inclined towards the vintage models though.