Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-01-2017, 06:07 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've had this for nearly 3 months now and it's a pleasure to play, 2015 Gibson Les Paul Less+

It's a thinner bodied, lighter weight Les Paul with coil switch and the G-Force tuning system which I'm yet to be sold on. Was slightly worried about a lack of classic Les Paul tone given it's probably half the thickness of a standard but I'm completely sold on it. Playing through a Marshall half stack at the moment but looking at investing in a Marshall DSL40 combo.

Also bought a beaten up Yamaha Pacifica for 40 on eBay which I've completely stripped to rebuild. Planning on spraying it "Evil Sash" eventually. Won't be til Summer now but will keep updated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8715.JPG (1.51 MB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8751.JPG (1.11 MB, 33 views)
Old 16-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any of you guys played a Feline yet ? Made in Croydon and from what I've heard compete with custom shop Gibsons . I'm picking one up next Sunday so if you've got any bad experiences please sugar coat them a bit for me as I've already paid a down payment !
Old 16-01-2017, 04:51 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got a couple in the house. A Les Paul shaped one and a PRS shaped one. These are my dad's but I'll give you my 2p's worth on them. Don't like the PRS shaped one. Just doesn't feel right to me but that is my preference. As for the Les Paul one it does feel a whole lot better in terms of feel and playability. I think you will like it
Old 16-01-2017, 06:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Any of you guys played a Feline yet ? Made in Croydon and from what I've heard compete with custom shop Gibsons . I'm picking one up next Sunday so if you've got any bad experiences please sugar coat them a bit for me as I've already paid a down payment !
How much?
Old 17-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers CPFC Fan, its a Lion Supreme and although its a bit bling for my tastes I'm giving it a whirl because I'm hoping thing will stay in tune better than the Les Pauls I've had in the past.

It's a used one Stella bought privately, so over a grand less than the 2.6 k sticker price
Old 17-01-2017, 04:36 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
The guy at Feline is really good at what he does, knows his onions. Only downside is he's a bit (Quite) pricey
Old 17-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Correctamundo !

Yeah, the guys on the Fretboard Forum rave about him (John ?) and it's nice buying something that came from that well known guitar Mecca of Croydon . I'll report back when I've given it a twang
Old 19-01-2017, 08:39 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Feline set up a telecaster for me and did a fabulous job.
Old 19-01-2017, 08:57 AM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I see most play electrics but just wanted to ask advice anyone has on electric acoustics.

Just sold my Limited edition Lag, and now looking at a Tak or a Taylor both +500 so if anyone have one/played/ bought /tried be grateful for your thoughts.

Specifically looking at the Tak Gn93ce or a entry level Taylor114ce
Old 19-01-2017, 01:36 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
I see most play electrics but just wanted to ask advice anyone has on electric acoustics.

Just sold my Limited edition Lag, and now looking at a Tak or a Taylor both +500 so if anyone have one/played/ bought /tried be grateful for your thoughts.

Specifically looking at the Tak Gn93ce or a entry level Taylor114ce
I got a takamine and love it to bits. IMO the only guitar in the shop I bought it from that was a bit better was a Taylor that cost nearly 7k. Personally would go for the Tak as it's more bang for your buck.
Old 19-01-2017, 07:52 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I like Takamine. As said above, still plenty of bang for far fewer bucks.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 19-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
I have two left-handed Takamine six strings. A Japanese made F360 from the early '80s and similar to the 'Martin Lawsuit' model but with a revised headstock, and a Korean made EG523. Fantastic quality guitars.

My F360 is the best guitar I've ever owned. I also have a leftie Taylor 356ce 12 string Grand Symphony and a converted to left-handed Corona (don't believe the negative press on the Corona factory Guilds) made Guild F512. Regardless of their much higher cost than the Takamines, if I could only take just the one to a secure desert island with no return, I'd take the F360.
Old 20-01-2017, 11:18 AM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
will give the Tak a try, thanks for the responses.
Old 20-01-2017, 08:43 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I've no idea on current acoustics. I'm still playing my my early eighties Yamaha which has been a very dependable workhorse.
Old 20-01-2017, 08:44 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Mesa Boogie King Snake combo. Any opinions? I've had conflicting views.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:19 PM

bloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got a broken Mesa - anyone know of an amp repair place in the area?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfart View Post
Got a broken Mesa - anyone know of an amp repair place in the area?
I had the same issue about a 18 months ago and came up with very little local to me (SE25). Feline guitars in Croydon don't do amps unfortunately.

There is apparently a guy in Crystal Palace above the Antenna Cafe on whatever the road is called that has the market every saturda,y but he was on holiday for two weeks. He might be alright though - To view the link you have to Register or Login.

A mate of mine recommended a guy in Putney (To view the link you have to Register or Login) but it was a bit of an arse to get up there and back on a Saturday so didn't try him out. I was told that he's good though.

In the end my mate's dad fixed it for me for free which was nice, but he lives in Birmingham and is an enthusiastic amateur. Good luck though.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Henk Philipsen (AmpWizard) in Horsham. Give him a call. 07746 245452

Really helpful, outstanding work and really reasonable on price.
Old 19-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Correctamundo !

My newest baby -

Original 1955 les paul jr, refinished about 15 years ago. I've got all the original bits but for now it's got replacement tuners and tailpiece for better tuning stability/intonation.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 19-02-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 19-02-2017, 10:56 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
My newest baby -

Original 1955 les paul jr, refinished about 15 years ago. I've got all the original bits but for now it's got replacement tuners and tailpiece for better tuning stability/intonation.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Beautiful. I've been toying with the idea of a LPJ for sometime - I like the double cutaway version - but not sure what I'd use it for, as I already have a '76 Les Paul and the '82 SG2000.
They're just so pretty though......

Last edited by Stellavista; 19-02-2017 at 11:03 PM.