Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 21-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Paul and I had a team that for years only played one game a year, on Boxing Day, against the same pub team. The trophy was the toilet plunger he had nicked from the pub. Doris is still going strong, delightful lady. Sadly, Horace passed away some years ago. He was a decent footballer, who turned out for us a couple of times in his 60s. One of my brothers, and sometimes two of Paul's also played, so half of the team came from two families. I think the only music of Paul's I have are some early demos by previous bands of his, Tools Down (who were brilliant) and the Stomping Pond Frogs.
Have a few of his albums from over the years. Although his music is probably not at the centre of my tastes he has written some cracking songs over the years and always felt I should have an album or too. Always strikes me as being a music guy that canít be a***d with the industry/celebrity that surrounds it. That may just be an image or maybe a misconception. But felt that given a Mic in a pub he would probably be singing or would be writing songs still even if he hadnít made it big with the HMs etc etc.

Some people donít change with it all but just stay the same. Canít be easy.
Old 21-02-2020, 12:09 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Have a few of his albums from over the years. Although his music is probably not at the centre of my tastes he has written some cracking songs over the years and always felt I should have an album or too. Always strikes me as being a music guy that canít be a***d with the industry/celebrity that surrounds it. That may just be an image or maybe a misconception. But felt that given a Mic in a pub he would probably be singing or would be writing songs still even if he hadnít made it big with the HMs etc etc.

Some people donít change with it all but just stay the same. Canít be easy.
You're right about Paul. He hasn't changed in the 40 years I've known him. Admirable. Many, many years ago, we got banned from a folk club. Apparently, turning up with a fuzz guitar and a short set list of punk tunes wasn't appreciated.
Old 21-02-2020, 12:19 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
You're right about Paul. He hasn't changed in the 40 years I've known him. Admirable. Many, many years ago, we got banned from a folk club. Apparently, turning up with a fuzz guitar and a short set list of punk tunes wasn't appreciated.
Really looking forward to seeing him and JA perform in Leeds in April.
Old 21-02-2020, 09:06 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
In keeping with the above
Housemartins- Now Thatís What I Call Quite Good 🙂
Hazel OíConnor- Cover Plus
G-Eazy - When Itís Dark Out
Gary Jules - Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets
Old 22-02-2020, 12:19 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Who would have guessed
Old 22-02-2020, 01:38 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Who would have guessed
It was an intended provocation
Old 22-02-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
It was an intended provocation
Guessing maybe alcohol also played a part at some point and maybe the odd choice phrase kicked out of a folk club was a badGe of honour back in the day
Old 22-02-2020, 01:53 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-02-2020, 06:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Guessing maybe alcohol also played a part at some point and maybe the odd choice phrase kicked out of a folk club was a badGe of honour back in the day
Paul and I were both engaged in pretty shite jobs at time, and met up in the pub every lunchtime, in order to make the afternoons bearable. Neither of us drink now.
Old 22-02-2020, 06:23 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Blimey - Paul Heaton giving up the pop is the most surprising thing I've heard this year (apart from being diagnosed with epilepsy).

Timmy P - Strong Advice EP
Chi-Town Gumbo - Love Muzik
DSF - Mysteria
4M International - Space Operator
Roger S Presents the Deep - Deep/Vibe
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Paul is a very old mate of mine. Lovely, eccentric man. His success is one of those things that make me happy. But, strangely enough, don't own a single record by any of his bands.
Now I am impressed.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Today, 02:41 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Young Gun Silver Fox - Canyons

Their new album, ******* love them.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Today, 08:28 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Gary Jules - Greetings From The Side
Gary Moore - Back On The Streets
Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle