Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:14 AM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Play Scott Dann for the rest of the season and get him back up to speed. Hes 32 not 38.

Remember people saying the same about Glenn Murray finished 4 years ago....
Slightly different though when youíre comparing a striker and defender. Dann isnít good enough anymore Iím afraid and heís proved that this season.

A quality CB must be high on the shopping list for the summer
Old 09-04-2019, 07:21 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Play a senior player at Centre Back. Bring Woods on as a sub afew times. That seems to be the solution.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:49 AM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Play Scott Dann for the rest of the season and get him back up to speed. Hes 32 not 38.

Remember people saying the same about Glenn Murray finished 4 years ago....
Not sure about that. I think Dannís days as a Premier League standard CB are behind him. A key priority for the summer should be a young CB, especially with Sakho and Tomkins age and previous injuries.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Not sure about that. I think Dannís days as a Premier League standard CB are behind him. A key priority for the summer should be a young CB, especially with Sakho and Tomkins age and previous injuries.
Would like the youngster at Millwall.

Young, low wages and would command a small fee.

Looks a tidy player and would be a great replacement for Dann.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:44 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Yea I agree. With every place in the premier league worth an extra £2m (?) I donít think Parish would be beat pleased seeing young lads playing when £60k a week plus seniors are available.

I donít agree with it, just thinking from a business point of view unfortunately.

Hope he does get a game.
AWB taking his chance was worth about £30-40m.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:28 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Would like the youngster at Millwall.

Young, low wages and would command a small fee.

Looks a tidy player and would be a great replacement for Dann.
Jake Cooper. We missed out when he moved from Reading.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:19 PM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Scott Dann has been back for 5 minutes, after a very serious injury. Give him a full pre-season and he will be a different player again. The experts on this thread who are writing him off will be singing his praises at that time.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:23 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I think Wooise is just saying we have nothing to lose and it might be good for the player to get a run out over the next few games. Mainly because he might attract the attention of some better clubs the he might be able to go on loan to.
I don't disagree with Woosie's suggestion. I don't know enough about Woods to even have meaningful opinion really. So I don't disagree with him or agree with him.

But I do disagree with GF automatically saying that Woosie is right but that Hodgson definitely won't play him and Hodgson is wrong. If Roy does decide to play him this season then I will back his decision and if he decides not to play him then I will back him too. It's this idea that 'I and/ or other fans know better than Hodgson' that does my head in a bit.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Of course there's something to lose. It's too close down the bottom and every place is worth millions. Kelly and Dann till the end of the season if needed
And yes, this is the other point. Where we finish in the table does have significant, although not massive, financial implications. It also may help/ not help you attract better players in the summer and possibly even attract buyers for the club (if the story we are looking for some is true).
Old 09-04-2019, 10:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I'm just going to play a bit of devil's advocate. Before I start, I'd like to see him given a go - it's got to be worthwhile to see academy products in the first team, just to learn where they stand.

However, the first question I'd like to raise is Jairo Riedewald. Is he still seen as a central defender? If so, is it more appropriate for him to play and stake his claim? I don't know.

Secondly, if SW was to play, would it be better to give him Cardiff or Arsenal? Yes, the Welsh are a much easier proposition but if he has a torrid time against them I suspect he'll be written off: not good enough for a relegated side, so not good enough. Given his inexperience and their desperate fight to survive (or to prove a point if they're already down) this game could be a tougher one than some see it as being. Against a top six team, on the other hand, anyone might struggle. We'd be more forgiving on his mis-steps and more inclined to note his good moments.

As I said, devil's advocate - I'm not saying this is what Roy should do but I think it should be in the calculations.
I hope and suspect Jairo isn't seen as a central defender and the fact Woods has made the bench he hasn't appears to confirm that. I don't Jairo is wanted to play anywhere for us at the moment mind.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:35 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Slightly different though when youíre comparing a striker and defender. Dann isnít good enough anymore Iím afraid and heís proved that this season.

A quality CB must be high on the shopping list for the summer
Dann was good enough to see out an away win at Newcastle. Good enough to play as we beat Huddersfield and kept a clean sheet the week before. Good enough to play the full game when we won at Burnley and good enough to help us see out a win and not concede while he was on the pitch at Leicester.

Maybe he isn't as good as he once was but he has shown he can still play in a team that wins Premier League games.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:36 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hail View Post
Scott Dann has been back for 5 minutes, after a very serious injury. Give him a full pre-season and he will be a different player again. The experts on this thread who are writing him off will be singing his praises at that time.
Yep. Certainly deserves that chance.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:45 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I'm just going to play a bit of devil's advocate. Before I start, I'd like to see him given a go - it's got to be worthwhile to see academy products in the first team, just to learn where they stand.

However, the first question I'd like to raise is Jairo Riedewald. Is he still seen as a central defender? If so, is it more appropriate for him to play and stake his claim? I don't know.

Secondly, if SW was to play, would it be better to give him Cardiff or Arsenal? Yes, the Welsh are a much easier proposition but if he has a torrid time against them I suspect he'll be written off: not good enough for a relegated side, so not good enough. Given his inexperience and their desperate fight to survive (or to prove a point if they're already down) this game could be a tougher one than some see it as being. Against a top six team, on the other hand, anyone might struggle. We'd be more forgiving on his mis-steps and more inclined to note his good moments.

As I said, devil's advocate - I'm not saying this is what Roy should do but I think it should be in the calculations.
No, Reidewald is not regarded as a central defender. Was at a forum where Ray Lew was asked about him. Roy and Ray only see him as a cover defensive midfield player.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:00 PM
Brighton Uni's Palace Fan

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he’s good enough, like Aaron was, use him. Could be the best thing we ever did. Was with Aaron. The academy is a useful asset and it’s about time it was utilised like that.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 09-04-2019, 11:23 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Just because Wan-Bissaka is a great player doesnt mean Woods will be.

For every Clinton Morrison there are multiple Chris Sharplings, Andrew Martin, Gareth Williams etc
Old 09-04-2019, 11:30 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
I say let him start against Man City/Arsenal. We'll find out if he's good enough in short order.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:29 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seem to pick up a knee injury today playing for u 23 s so must rule him out for few games at least not having much luck with centre halfs with injurys innis playing today as well .
Old 15-04-2019, 12:59 PM

Keith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ayew already missed a sitter
Old 15-04-2019, 01:12 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Totally forgot about Jairo - Surely he is good enough to be 5th choice! Granted we were woeful with him at CB - But he played there for Ajax enough and is still only 22.
Old 15-04-2019, 01:19 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Dann was good enough to see out an away win at Newcastle. Good enough to play as we beat Huddersfield and kept a clean sheet the week before. Good enough to play the full game when we won at Burnley and good enough to help us see out a win and not concede while he was on the pitch at Leicester.

Maybe he isn't as good as he once was but he has shown he can still play in a team that wins Premier League games.
This is why it's good Dann is playing for us -to get the staff a chance to decide if a CB is required, as a priority. As another poster said here, a full pre-season might get Dann back to the defender that, lest we forget, many of us thought was due an England call up. He was never quick anyway. If Dann can stake a claim to be a dependable reserve CB over the next month, that could push back the need to spend there for another season. God knows we have more decent CB options ( especially when you consider Kouyate and Ward can act as 5/6 choice CBs ) than we do effective strikers or attacking midfielders and another summer of restricted spending likely looms.