Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:16 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Nice one, followed a couple of our girls doing it. It looks doable this time of year - I turned up for moral support at the last checkpoint at the NDW50 last year. And people were in bits in that heat. I would never have made it through that. None of them could take in solid food, it was just fruit and liquid.
The South Downs drains really quickly so unless you have rain on the day or 2 rainy days back-to-back then you end up with it being dry underfoot. Weather also tends to be quite good.

I volunteered at both TP100 and NDW100 last year and the heat was extreme, they had huge drop outs.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:27 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
so after Dorney i had a session during the week which was 45 mins in total with the last 25 @8.30 pace; i managed 8.25 so im happy with that!!

on sat i have

mile @8.25 pace

4x400 mtrs @8 pace

mile @8.25 pace

4x400 mtrs @8 pace

prob done at sutton arena as i can compl control the pace rather than dodging the public in Beddington park!!!

coach wants me to do another Park Run (beckenham Place) to see what if any progression there is with training at the end of April

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 13-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Finally beat 20 minutes at Banstead Park Run with 19:47. Very happy.

Of course my watch has played up and for some reason thought it was 2nd Jan 2017 and didn’t pick up the run. Absolute nightmare
Old 13-04-2019, 08:12 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Finally beat 20 minutes at Banstead Park Run with 19:47. Very happy.

Of course my watch has played up and for some reason thought it was 2nd Jan 2017 and didnít pick up the run. Absolute nightmare
i can only dream of a time like that on that course; PB on there is 25:51 my slowest PB on any course!!!

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 14-04-2019, 05:31 AM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck to all those running in Brighton today
Old 14-04-2019, 11:25 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I did Manchester last weekend, 2:59:28. I'm very pleased to be able to call myself a sub 3 marathoner
Getting under by 32 seconds must be HUGELY satisfying. You can probably look back on a few moments where you won yourself several seconds and say, "I did it because I pushed through at that precise moment." Very well done.

Was flicking through Beceknham Place PR website today - interesting article on the guy with the course PB.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-04-2019, 09:12 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Getting under by 32 seconds must be HUGELY satisfying. You can probably look back on a few moments where you won yourself several seconds and say, "I did it because I pushed through at that precise moment." Very well done.
Thanks, I'm still on a high!

There were lots of moments between miles 21 and 25 where I didn't think I could carry on, I'm sure if sub 3 hadn't been on a knife edge I would have slowed right down and probably ended up with something like a 3:10.

I reckon I also won about 20 seconds by aggressively cutting every corner on the course.
Old 15-04-2019, 10:20 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I did Manchester last weekend, 2:59:28. I'm very pleased to be able to call myself a sub 3 marathoner
That's basically my target - I fell short in San Sebastian, but I feel it's within my reach now, when before I felt it was unlikely that I'd be able to get near.

Top running.
Old 15-04-2019, 10:28 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Anyone running London on here - if so good luck
Old 15-04-2019, 12:02 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
That's basically my target - I fell short in San Sebastian, but I feel it's within my reach now, when before I felt it was unlikely that I'd be able to get near.

Top running.
Cheers

Good luck with your race, I found the best way to go about it was to take one mile at a time and only worry about hitting 6:45 odd for that mile, and then not think too much about anything else until well after halfway, but I guess everyone approaches it differently.
Old 15-04-2019, 01:29 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post

Was flicking through Beceknham Place PR website today - interesting article on the guy with the course PB.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I know Dame, he is with my running club. One of the nicest people you can meet. Bit of a nutter when it comes to races, like the Southern XC at Parliament Hill which he led for the first few hundred metres. Made us all smile
Old 15-04-2019, 01:30 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Yes me. Thanks Pete. Though only as a fast(ish) training run, still coming back from the hernia op in January. New York in November the main focus for me marathon wise this year.
Old 15-04-2019, 07:27 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes, I am. Ran from Haywards Heath station to Brighton yesterday to watch the marathon, with back-packs full of dry clothing due to the cold weather on the sea front. Had a great day down there.
Old 16-04-2019, 07:26 AM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I am doing london as well, looking to get under 2:50 this year.

Should be doable after doing a 59:14 ten miler on Sunday at the Towpath 10
Old 16-04-2019, 08:18 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Good luck Che tomario and tomís old man. I know Kemper is running it too as spoke to him the other day
Old 17-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Good luck all.

I've been feeling under the weather all week, so just doing some small runs this week to keep my legs ticking over.
Old 17-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I'm tentatively starting to get back into running after not running over winter. I want to do a Parkrun at some point but I don't really know what to expect. Stupid questions coming up from someone with anxiety: do people run with music, how does it work on a general level, do a lot of people use public transport to get there, is there anything in particular that will help to know about?

I'd also really like to do a 10k and if possible a half marathon this year, but again, don't know what to expect and it's about actually signing up and then training for it. I did run a half marathon distance last summer but that was just on my own around where I live.

Should I just sign up to one nearby, do you think that would help me to motivate myself to do it?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 17-04-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 17-04-2019, 10:14 PM

The Running Thread

Matt parkrun is the best way to get into running - sign up on parkrun print your barcode and donít forget to bring it with you

If it helps Iím Run director at South Norwood on 11th May and would be happy to make you welcome.

Itís for all abilities- you can run., walk or runwalk. Many people use music and itís ok to do so.
People get to ours by tram, walking running or by train.
When I started running I signed up for a local 10k helped to motivate me and ensured I turned up every week.

Hope that helps
Old 18-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Woosie, I'll try and get to one soon and pick you up if you want?

I listen to audiobooks or podcasts when I run a lot of the time. Certainly when by myself and occasional park runs.

However I think I'm going to need to give up doing that when wanting to run quick. In ear headphones are causing me a lot of issues, and causing my ears to get really blocked up. The doctor thinks that by having them in when I run, the sweat builds up and leads to wax getting stuck in my ears, which is pretty gruesome.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:16 PM

Woosie, think Cantspell pretty much sums it up. I used to do parkrun with headphones in, I don't now but that's just a change in me. Everyone is different and parkrun is a great reflection on this. There is also always a tail walker so a) you'll never finish last (which does worry some people) and b) if you are the last person then there is someone to keep you company.

I'm a regular at Crystal Palace so happy to be a friendly face if you come here. It's a lot hillier than South Norwood though, just to warn you!

Also for longer runs, Run Through aren't a bad company. Reasonably priced and have a host of 5km, 10km, and half marathon events in London so all quite local. And all pretty low key as well, so might be worth considering.