Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:20 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betray
And the Buckeyes go #1 with a good win over Indiana yesterday, I was hoping that game would have been on ESPN but it was NHL all day virtually. I hope the NHL doesn't effect the amount of NCAA FB there is on the TV? However much I like Hockey I would still prefer some live college football.

Anyway.......... O-H

Golf handicap - 4.2
Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz_da II
Always good to see USC lose. Similar to Manure losing.
"Hi Lane, how's things?"

Scumbag. No fan of the team that plays there but I hope they were able to name that sewage farm in Tennessee after him.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
PFiA the season end Iron Bowl could be interesting this year if Auburn are still undefeated? Seems the Gators could do with Newton this year so quite ironic he's now at Auburn as he looks made for the gators offense to me.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Trolley
PFiA the season end Iron Bowl could be interesting this year if Auburn are still undefeated? Seems the Gators could do with Newton this year so quite ironic he's now at Auburn as he looks made for the gators offense to me.
You are quite correct Sir. I had the same conversation about Newton a couple of weeks ago.

Oh well. despite the fact that it came down to the last play of the game, we never looked like winning on Saturday. Our best hope was Les Miles fecking it up. While we have some injuries, suspensions and holes in the line up, it really is the coaching that bothers me. The play calling continues to be bizarre at best for eighty percent of the time.

If we win out, we will still go to Atlanta, but I can't see that happening without a massive turnaround. I'm even worried about Florida State
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Blimey.

Some quality players there.

Quinn now has no choice but to declare a year early then.
Quote:
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina star defensive tackle Marvin Austin was kicked off the football team Monday and the school said the NCAA has declared receiver Greg Little and defensive end Robert Quinn permanently ineligible.

The announcements from the school and the NCAA came as part of the ongoing investigations into whether players received improper benefits from agents.

"I'm also very sad and disappointed that these individuals made these extraordinarily poor choices," coach Butch Davis said during a news conference. "Not only did they jeopardize themselves in their lives, they certainly have jeopardized this team, the university and I know that they're very remorseful about that. But it doesn't diminish the fact that these actions were poor choices in these kids' lives."

In a statement released by his attorney's law firm, Austin apologized for his role in the scandal.

"I want to apologize to the NCAA and the entire North Carolina Tar Heel community including my teammates, coaches, students and fans," Austin said. "I have let you all down and I am truly sorry.

"I deeply regret my actions and the embarrassment I brought to the university and to the football program. I will pay a severe price for my poor decisions by not being able to play my entire senior season."

The NCAA said Little and Quinn were ineligible because they violated rules governing agent benefits, preferential treatment and ethical conduct, saying they each accepted jewelry, travel accommodations and other benefits. According to facts submitted by the university, Little took nearly $5,000 worth of benefits and the value of Quinn's total exceeded $5,600.

The NCAA also said Little and Quinn were not truthful during three interviews with school and NCAA staff, providing "false information despite multiple opportunities to correct their assertions" and offering more accurate information only when faced with evidence that ran contrary to their claims.

Davis and athletic director Dick Baddour informed the players of the decisions Monday morning. Baddour said the school wouldn't appeal the rulings on Quinn and Little, while the decision to dismiss Austin -- who has been suspended for violating team rules since Sept. 1 -- came after the NCAA provided preliminary information that he had received between $10,000 and $13,000 in improper benefits.

In a one-paragraph statement announcing Austin's dismissal, the school said the decision involved violations of rules for agent benefits, preferential treatment and ethical conduct as it did with Quinn and Little.

The three players have sat out all five games for the Tar Heels (3-2, 1-1 ACC) amid the investigation, which began this summer and was initially focused on agent-related benefits before expanding to include possible academic violations.

The status of six other players remains in question. On Saturday, the school announced safety Jonathan Smith -- who had also sat out every game -- wouldn't play this season, though it didn't specify why. Cornerback Kendric Burney, another NFL prospect who has yet to play, is suspended one more game by the NCAA for improper benefits connected to trips.

Baddour said Austin, Quinn and Little weren't involved in the academic half of the probe, which is being handled by the school's student judicial system.

Austin and Quinn are projected as NFL first-round draft picks, while Little was one of six players who decided to return for their senior seasons instead of declaring themselves eligible for the NFL draft. Baddour said the program should've done more to monitor those high-profile players and their activities, particularly with the trips coming in the offseason.

"We should've been doing something else," Baddour said. "We should've acknowledged the level that these guys are and that there were going to be people coming at them. ... I wish we had done more. I'd like to relive that part."

Butch Williams, a Durham-based attorney representing Little, said they were "reviewing all of the information and the penalty to determine whether he will appeal."

Austin, Little and Quinn were among 13 North Carolina players who were held out of the Tar Heels' season-opening game against LSU for violations of school and/or NCAA rules. The NCAA later suspended cornerback Burney for six games and safety Deunta Williams for four for receiving improper benefits.

Austin, Little and Burney were among six players who opted in January to return for their senior seasons at North Carolina instead of entering the NFL draft.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Are certain stars in line tonight?
Looks like we could have a few more upsets today.
I watched Auburn v Ar-Kansas, boy Newton is an outstanding QB, we will have our hands full with him; any justice in this world he should win the Heisman.
Kentucky are giving South Carolina everything they can handle.
Ohio St, losing to Wisconsin, Michigan lost, Florida are losing to Miss State

Good night

Back again, Kentucky beat South Carolina and Ohio St are now only down by 3 points to Wisconsin.
Update Wisconsin beat Ohio St.

Bama are struggling to beat Ole Miss, our QB sucks big time and no sign of taking him out

Last edited by PalaceFan in Alabama; 17-10-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 18-10-2010, 04:55 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betray
Prayers go out to Eric LeGrand, paralysed from the neck down this weekend.

Not for the squeamish

Golf handicap - 4.2
Old 18-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After what was a thoroughly shitty week for all of my sports teams, this really puts it all in perspective. A young man went out to play a game he loved and now it seems in one split second his entire life has changed.

My thoughts are with him, his family, his teammates and Rutgers University.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 18-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well said bhig.
Old 18-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Well said bhig.
Sad times. Really not nice at all.
Old 20-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Hair by Les Porter

Ewww!
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-10-2010, 09:33 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

That's awesome, if a little grim.

Golf handicap - 4.2
Old 21-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gonna be down on the field in Columbus this weekend. Fearing a 30+ point beating for my Boilermakers. It's gonna be ugly.
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 21-10-2010, 01:19 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god
After what was a thoroughly shitty week for all of my sports teams, this really puts it all in perspective. A young man went out to play a game he loved and now it seems in one split second his entire life has changed.

My thoughts are with him, his family, his teammates and Rutgers University.
Agree completely. absolutely terrible. Listening to the Rich Eisen podcast right now which is talking about this high profile subject.

My thoughts are also with those effected
Old 22-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmatthews
Gonna be down on the field in Columbus this weekend. Fearing a 30+ point beating for my Boilermakers. It's gonna be ugly.
Here's hoping Mr Pryor has another game like he does last year. Boiler up!
Old 22-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Banned by Moderators

striver is playing for a contract
sigh...
Old 23-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Hair by Les Porter

How to get a conference title game (good) and then mess up the format of it (bad): To view the link you have to Register or Login

Don't see why they can't rotate the title game around LA, Phoenix, Vegas and San Diego if they wanted to. Keep the game as neutral as possible, lots of good stadiums around those areas which aren't Uni sites (especially if a new stadium is built in LA).
Old 23-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Here's hoping Mr Pryor has another game like he does last year. Boiler up!
Watching a re-run of this. Good game. Pryor is having a second half.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Jason, don't suppose you fancy educating Swanny in Big Ten matters please?
Old 23-10-2010, 07:56 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched the Oregan game. Stunning kit and pitch. I don't know why, just is.