Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-10-2013, 11:00 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Pokemon thread

Never seen a thread about Pokemon specifically on the BBS before. Yes I might be 29 years old but I still play Pokemon. I was 14 when it first came out over here... I haven't played that many games in the series (Blue, Rex, Black, White 2 and now X) but this has to be one of the finest gaming series ever made.

Great thing about Pokemon X (& Y) is that many of the old favourites are in the game, with very few new Pokemon so you don't have a whole load of new ones to learn. I am about 2 hours into my game and already caught some nice Pokemon. I have a Level 3 Pikachu I need to Salvage and I have the three Pan Monkies from Black /White Pansage, Pansear and Panpour.

The three starter Pokemon are pretty average I have to say. I went with Froakie the Water type frog, but I wish I hadn't as I found out this morning later in the game you get given a second starter Pokemon, one of the Original trio of Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle, and Squirtlewas always my favourite. No point having two Water types though.

Usually I try to build a team to include:
1 x Water
1 x Fire
1 x Grass
1 x Electric
1 x Ground / Rock
1 x Other.

Now I know Scyther is in the game and I have never had one before (I played Blue a lot more than Red) I might have to fit him in there although another favourite Emolga from Black / White is also in the game and he is Electric / Flying type. Decisions decisions!

Please don't let me be the only one to post on this thread.
Old 18-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Goat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is here
Old 18-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Fifa Fanatic

EagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsEagleRG is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts

Old 18-10-2013, 04:45 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People will take the piss out of you, I'm sure of that! The funny thing is, they'll do it before resuming their fifa/football manager/gta game.

At the end of the day, video games are video games so enjoy whatever pleases you.

FWIW, I stopped playing Pokemon quite a long time ago but I could certainly see it being some vintage fun with a bag of spliff!
Old 18-10-2013, 07:48 PM

KingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not say
I do remember red being one of the better games I've played!
Old 18-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ill be getting my copy of the game early next year before my flight to australia for a holiday. Pokemon is the best for a 24hr flight to pass the time
Old 18-10-2013, 08:03 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Definitely does the job on long journeys. We went to a funeral last year, 3 hours there and back, I sat in the back playing Pokemon Black the whole time.
Old 18-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
I've never played it and don't even know what it is but I used to enjoy the cartoons.

I choose you Pikachu!
Old 18-10-2013, 09:00 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Definitely does the job on long journeys. We went to a funeral last year, 3 hours there and back, I sat in the back playing Pokemon Black the whole time.
Respectful
Old 18-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
4Drag2Mag ftw
Old 05-03-2016, 11:07 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

New games due out around holiday this year... Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. Will be getting one each for me and my son.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:15 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Used to love the Pokemon games. Until someone told me you could unlock a secret island on Pokemon Red by beating the Pokemon league 100 times in a row. I'll never get those hours back....
Old 05-03-2016, 11:28 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Used to love the Pokemon games. Until someone told me you could unlock a secret island on Pokemon Red by beating the Pokemon league 100 times in a row. I'll never get those hours back....
Lol... Still got my Gameboy Colour with Pokemon Blue and Red cartridges.

Apparently with Pokemon Bank you can transfer Pokemon from the 20th anniversary Red / Blue / Yellow games in to Sun and Moon.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:13 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
I went and got the download version of Blue for a nostalgia trip and I can't put the bloody thing down now.

I've still got the original cartridge version with my level 100's that I competed in the official tour way back in 2000. Still mentally scarred from losing to some fat kid.

Got a couple of Mew's on there too from the official download machine.

Never got into the new ones...I might if you can transfer your Pokémon from blue to the new ones
Old 05-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Terwit Terwoo.

Supa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupa Pard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How do you get 10 Pikachus on a bus?
Pokemon.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:22 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Can't say I'm a player. But I have collected a few over the years. With it being almost 20 years since the first edition, the original series could be a bit of a money spinner.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:50 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
I went and got the download version of Blue for a nostalgia trip and I can't put the bloody thing down now.

I've still got the original cartridge version with my level 100's that I competed in the official tour way back in 2000. Still mentally scarred from losing to some fat kid.

Got a couple of Mew's on there too from the official download machine.

Never got into the new ones...I might if you can transfer your Pokémon from blue to the new ones
I played Pokemon Black, decent enough but Pokemon X & Y were very good games so I hold high hopes for Sun and Moon.

Are the remakes of the originals the same, or have they been tweaked and improved?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:19 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I played Pokemon Black, decent enough but Pokemon X & Y were very good games so I hold high hopes for Sun and Moon.

Are the remakes of the originals the same, or have they been tweaked and improved?
They're exactly the same. They've even kept the Mew and item duplication glitch. In hindsight I should have picked yellow because you can get all three starters from red and blue then.

They're still very playable. Not that it really matters but I'd have liked to see the game even out Psychic type by making a couple of bug moves stronger.

I may get the new ones but Gold and Silver kind of put me off with too many new Pokémon.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
I used to go through phases of doing this every six months or so up until a couple years ago, play Pokemon generation I or II non stop for about a month before completely forgetting about it. Playing it again doesn't really appeal to me these days, but who knows, maybe I'll catch it back.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 PM

drunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is this a wind up?