Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
FIFA 16

FIFA 16 has just been announced for later this year. First feature to be revealed? Women players.

My take, for The Guardian, ici: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FR_vs_ENG - FINAL.jpg (823.0 KB, 186 views)

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 28-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Trailer:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 28-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
**** me, have the BBC bought a stake in EA? What a load of bollocks.
Old 28-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Was just about to post this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 28-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
FIFA 16 - Ultimate Team

Keep an eye here for all the new news coming up this week regarding FIFA 16 and FIFA 16 - Ultimate Team...

Release date: September 25th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II

Last edited by james powell; 28-05-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Going to feature women's teams for the first time
Old 28-05-2015, 01:13 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er View Post
**** me, have the BBC bought a stake in EA? What a load of bollocks.
Why is it a load of bollocks? Should girls not be able to play as their female footballing role models?
Old 28-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Women's football is massive in the US. Lots of kids will appreciate this addition
Old 28-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
I'd rather they sorted the issues with their game, than introduced features that a tiny minority of players would want. IF they've fixed everything else, I'm quite happy for them to go hunting for whatever market there is for women's football on a computer game.

Obviously EA believe there is a market, or this wouldn't happen.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Alex Morgan is so fit.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Slightly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
Why is it a load of bollocks? Should girls not be able to play as their female footballing role models?
Are you saying people should stick to role models that are the same sex?

Racist.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
They can't accurately model the difference between the way Barcelona and Mansfield play, so god knows how they'll manage to model women's football.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:36 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you saying people should stick to role models that are the same sex?

Racist.
From Ben's story:

While domestic female teams seem a natural ambition for the future, in the short term Rutter said he is looking forward to delivering his eight- and 11-year-old daughters to school in peace. “The younger one in particular is a very keen footballer, and I get a lot of stick on the playground about us not including women in the game. Finally being able to say we are will make for a refreshing change.

“For girls of that age, or indeed any age, it doesn’t make sense for there not to be any women in Fifa. In the past there has always been a general acceptance that they weren’t in there. But within my household and social circle it’s always been significantly disappointing that female gamers couldn’t play Fifa with footballers of their own sex.

“I’m really glad we’re doing it. We’ve got some cracking teams in there and there’ll be some amazing matches. It’s a big relief for everyone.”
Old 28-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Slightly Unstable

I think they've been testing it in FUT this year. The goalkeepers are about right.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'd rather they sorted the issues with their game, than introduced features that a tiny minority of players would want. IF they've fixed everything else, I'm quite happy for them to go hunting for whatever market there is for women's football on a computer game.

Obviously EA believe there is a market, or this wouldn't happen.
Yer **** the minorities!

Terrific move by EA. I've no doubt it's a move, driven by money and not morality...but either way great way to raise the profile of the Women's game.

Xbox - FlatDan3
Old 28-05-2015, 01:44 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Female gamers are a minority? Welcome to 2015, you're gonna hate it.

This is awesome news, though. The replies to EA's tweet announcing it? Not so much.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 28-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Slightly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
From Ben's story:

While domestic female teams seem a natural ambition for the future, in the short term Rutter said he is looking forward to delivering his eight- and 11-year-old daughters to school in peace. “The younger one in particular is a very keen footballer, and I get a lot of stick on the playground about us not including women in the game. Finally being able to say we are will make for a refreshing change.

“For girls of that age, or indeed any age, it doesn’t make sense for there not to be any women in Fifa. In the past there has always been a general acceptance that they weren’t in there. But within my household and social circle it’s always been significantly disappointing that female gamers couldn’t play Fifa with footballers of their own sex.

“I’m really glad we’re doing it. We’ve got some cracking teams in there and there’ll be some amazing matches. It’s a big relief for everyone.”

I'll do a "survey" when mine gets home. I struggle to believe that 8-year-old girls hassle a game developer for anything. What's he doing hanging around a playground anyway?

If anyone here has a child, sister, girlfriend or wife that has remarked on the inability to use female footballers in a computer game - please let us know. Ta.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Slightly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Female gamers are a minority? Welcome to 2015, you're gonna hate it.

This is awesome news, though. The replies to EA's tweet announcing it? Not so much.
I'm aware they're not. But going on personal experience - they play Minecraft, Terraria, Sonic the Hedgehog and show little interest in playing FIFA. I doubt that this revelation will do much to change it.
Old 28-05-2015, 01:53 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Raises some questions i.e. how will they actually be able to compare abilities between men and women?
Old 28-05-2015, 01:53 PM

muswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone know how the women are rated? (Cue for barrage of sexist comments)

If it is using the same scale as the men, it will be interesting to see where they are on that scale.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me, I voted remain