Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-06-2021, 01:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
But did His Holiness pay a visit?

Shamefully, I never knew he went to the NSC. I saw him at Coventry (not the same time we all went to Highfield Road and Palace lost but still got into the playoffs thanks to Brian Deane).
Old 11-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
My current bugbear is the "Chief [whatever dodgy title] Officer" title. Ten years ago, you would have had a Chief Executive Officer, and possibly a Chief Financial Officer" in each company. Nowadays, companies seem to have a Chief [every job title imaginable] Officer.

When you get the Head of Personnel styling themself as a Chief People Officer yhou know the world is going slightly madder ...
'Executive Chef' is good for a smirk.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
"Signature dish"
Old 11-06-2021, 02:15 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Haha - don't get me started on the cooking industry.

I remember a waiter in California driving me nuts once trying to persuade me to have the chef's "signature dish". He' s a cook and should be able to produce a number of different options and I'll choose the one I feel like eating, thank you ...

This is the "Things That Annoy You" thread, isn't it ? I think Stella may be getting into my brain.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Great minds, Malaga ... only you express yourself much more efficiently than me !
Old 11-06-2021, 02:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Great minds, Malaga ... only you express yourself much more efficiently than me !
Speaking of TTAY, why do old folk like you and Maz still add spaces between words and punctuation marks?
Old 11-06-2021, 02:46 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Shamefully, I never knew he went to the NSC. I saw him at Coventry (not the same time we all went to Highfield Road and Palace lost but still got into the playoffs thanks to Brian Deane).

Pope John Paul II visited just weeks before Mullery took over from Kember in 1982, obviously AM went to Rome in-between these key events.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:01 PM

Sakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wonder what the Pope said to him?
Old 11-06-2021, 03:21 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakhalin Rich View Post
I wonder what the Pope said to him?

I donít know, but the Palace captain was ordained a Cannon.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:27 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
This may be old school thinking, but I always thought to be a City a town needed a cathedral? Without Googling it, I'm not sure what defines a cathedral over a big church... pretty sure Croydon does not have a cathedral.

If mentioned prior on this thread... I apologize.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
After Googling it anyway, apparently a Cathedral is the home of a Bishop of the area, and Croydon has a Bishop. It's a bit vague as to where he call HQ... at one time it was Croydon Palace or Addington Palace. (Maybe he should move to Crystal Palace!)

The city needing a cathedral is a myth apparently.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:04 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Have you ever been to Glebe Park?
Yes, twice. Only Scottish ground Iíve been to. Lost both games.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:11 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes, twice. Only Scottish ground Iíve been to. Lost both games.
When we went to Scotland for a week in '91 my Dad wanted to go visit his cousin in Aberdeen so whilst we were up there we drove around a few towns (Cities ) and Brechin was one of them. We could literally just walk in to the ground, was having a little peek and the groundsman came over and offered to walk us around the the pitch and show us his little basically shed.

He also gave me three Brechin City programmes from that season. I can't remember what games they were now, just that one was from a B&Q Cup games, which is now what they call the Irn-Bru Challenge Cup or such like now.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
When we went to Scotland for a week in '91 my Dad wanted to go visit his cousin in Aberdeen so whilst we were up there we drove around a few towns (Cities ) and Brechin was one of them. We could literally just walk in to the ground, was having a little peek and the groundsman came over and offered to walk us around the the pitch and show us his little basically shed.

He also gave me three Brechin City programmes from that season. I can't remember what games they were now, just that one was from a B&Q Cup games, which is now what they call the Irn-Bru Challenge Cup or such like now.
Itís a very friendly club, with a surprising number of second team followers. I was a member of their rather quiet equivalent of the BBS for a while.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:26 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
It’s a very friendly club, with a surprising number of second team followers. I was a member of their rather quiet equivalent of the BBS for a while.
Yup Brechin was the only one we got in to. Saw Arbroath and Montrose's grounds. Arbroath's is literally right next to the sea. Erm... Forfar, looked over a huge gate that is in one of the corners of the ground. Was surprised although we didn't that you can literally walk into Pittodrie (Aberdeen) off the street, that was slightly strange. And we drove right through the middle of Dens Park and Tannadice.

Not to mention going to watch St Johnstone at Home.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Tunnocks teacakes Challenge Cup??
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-06-2021, 07:08 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Brechin was one of them. We could literally just walk in to the ground, was having a little peek and the groundsman came over and offered to walk us around the the pitch and show us his little basically shed.
I did that at Greenock Morton, and was taking a couple of ground pics, and a bloke came over. I thought he was going to ask me to leave, but it was their Chairman, and he showed me the boardroom and the trophies, then after abot 15 minutes of talking about football and in particular David Hopkin, he even offered me a lift to the station which I politely declined
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-06-2021, 07:39 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickymags View Post
He says, without revealing where he lives. But I would hazard a guess that it's some soulless and sterile Surrey/Sussex village where everyone marries their cousin and has extra marital affairs with farmyard animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I wonder where Dangermouse lives?

Please donít state the bleeding obvious.
Haha, I can assure you I am talking from personal knowledge as well as interest. I was born and grew up in Broad Green, and currently live in Kenley. In fact, apart from a couple years in the mid-'00s when I lived in Lingfield, I have resided in the borough all my life. (I am entitled to count my undergraduate years, when I returned to spend the vacations back in Croydon.)
Old 11-06-2021, 07:43 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Speaking of TTAY, why do old folk like you and Maz still add spaces between words and punctuation marks?
Cos it was the way we was brung up
Old 11-06-2021, 08:16 PM
jft39