Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-06-2021, 12:30 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been watching Start Up on Amazon, Sok, watchable, everything looks dull after my last two French series. I think they've stuffed TV watching for me for quite a while now. Won't find anything better.

Might give that Mare of Eastown ago... however it's not on Netflix or Amazon in Aus at least so may have use surreptitious means to view it.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:38 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Yeah, another nod for Time. For those who also enjoyed it, Starred Up is a terrific British prison movie to look out for.
I think Starred Up is much better & A Prophet is too.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:05 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still think first season of Prison Break is hard to beat re er, prison story... I couldn't/didn't watch any other season however...
Old 11-06-2021, 08:11 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched the first episode of Clarkson's Farm on Prime this morning. If you like Clarkson (personally I think he is a brilliant presenter) then you'll like this. If you don't, it's very interesting. The first episode deals with the taking over of the farm, getting the stuff, and introduces a couple of "experts" to help. One of which, Caleb, or Kaleb (can't remember now) is superb. I really enjoyed it.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:45 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
I watched the first episode of Clarkson's Farm on Prime this morning. If you like Clarkson (personally I think he is a brilliant presenter) then you'll like this. If you don't, it's very interesting. The first episode deals with the taking over of the farm, getting the stuff, and introduces a couple of "experts" to help. One of which, Caleb, or Kaleb (can't remember now) is superb. I really enjoyed it.
The Guardian review of this is hilarious:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Unsurprisingly they didn't enjoy it.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:45 AM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm going to watch this but am waiting so i can possible watch it with my little one as he likes Top Gear. Do you think it's suitable for an 8 year old?
Old 11-06-2021, 09:55 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I'm going to watch this but am waiting so i can possible watch it with my little one as he likes Top Gear. Do you think it's suitable for an 8 year old?
Hmm, the language is a bit more "ripe" than in TG. There were a couple of f bombs in the first episode, and a lot of "sh1ts".
Old 11-06-2021, 10:36 AM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Hmm, the language is a bit more "ripe" than in TG. There were a couple of f bombs in the first episode, and a lot of "sh1ts".
That's a shame, think he'd quite like it otherwise!
Old 11-06-2021, 12:44 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
A Pembrokeshire Farm and Return to Pembrokeshire Farm are both being repeated and are on iPlayer. They're very interesting from a sympathetic restoration point of view, but also watching Griff Rhys Jones seethe with rage as he thinks the builders have done feck all in his absence is quite amusing. Also his one short cut suggestion spectacularly backfiring is hurried by without comment from said builders. It also amazing how much his son resembles him. Fair play for him stumping up the cash as the end results are lovely.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:54 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I think Starred Up is much better & A Prophet is too.
A Prophet is very good as well, I'm a big fan of the director.

I started watching DCI Banks because I'd read a few of the books. The thing that originally put me off was the actor playing the lead. Anyway, I gave in and I was right, decent story and direction, hammy acting all round.
Old 11-06-2021, 01:12 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Been watching Start Up on Amazon, Sok, watchable, everything looks dull after my last two French series.
Season 3 ends on a cliff hanger and it doesn't look like they're bothering with Season 4...so if you like your TV shows to have an ending, don't waste your time! It's a shame, as I quite liked it (it got a bit daft later on, but kept me reasonably interested).
Old 14-06-2021, 07:39 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Two episodes in on Sweet Tooth and enjoying it
Old 14-06-2021, 12:07 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Still think first season of Prison Break is hard to beat re er, prison story... I couldn't/didn't watch any other season however...
Because it rapidly got more and more ridicilous. First series was good though
Old 14-06-2021, 12:44 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace View Post
Its not very original, very predictable and lacking a bit of edge - but well acted, with likeable characters and keeps you interested. I'm enjoying it too, about to do the last episode in the season.
Old 14-06-2021, 02:46 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace View Post
Wife and kids are enjoying this, but not really my bag at all.
Old 15-06-2021, 07:20 AM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Clarkson's Farm. Couple episodes in and it's more enjoyable than I thought. Usual formula for Clarkson but not as over the top as The Grand Tour.
Old 15-06-2021, 09:58 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another thumbs up for 'Mare of Easttown'. Kate Winslet gives the best acting performance I have seen in quite a long time, but the rest of the cast and the writing are all top notch. I find it refreshing to see a self contained and short drama that is of high quality...too many series try and milk all appeal until the quality dips, instead of ending when it's right for the story.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
Another thumbs up for 'Mare of Easttown'. Kate Winslet gives the best acting performance I have seen in quite a long time, but the rest of the cast and the writing are all top notch. I find it refreshing to see a self contained and short drama that is of high quality...too many series try and milk all appeal until the quality dips, instead of ending when it's right for the story.
I agree, it was excellent, and Kate Winslet in particular was superb. I read some talk somewhere of a second series but I hope not. It was a perfect self contained story.
Old 15-06-2021, 11:39 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
Ys, I'm 4 episodes in and it is brilliant.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 15-06-2021, 12:50 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
We started watching Mare of E over the weekend. And whilst the acting is very good and its well produced and shot, **** me, is there ANYTHING not shit about her life??? Absolutely ridiculous over the top story line with virtually every possible cliche crammed in. Is it a police procedural or a drama? Trying to be both the writers have overloaded it.