Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-07-2020, 05:35 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEFAN View Post
You are suggesting we get rid of Hodgson for Roy Keane?? **** me. The BBS does make me laugh.
I'd rather be in the Championship than that scumc*nt as manager here. That's no hyperbole, either.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:35 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I was trying to put it nicely.. but agree
Old 12-07-2020, 05:36 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
You seem to think Hodgson does all the transfer dealings!
He has input.. he gets offered players we have looked at and says yes or no
Old 12-07-2020, 05:37 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Im not convinced rodgers kept us up, certainly that first season.
I'm fairly convinced that he didn't.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:39 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
We don't need defensive players we have those.

We need two 9s, an inside forward/winger. A box to box midfielder who can actually pass, an attacking midfielder who can carry the ball up the pitch and chip in with goals. Then a RB.

If we sell CB, JS, CW and one of Luka, Jimmy 1 or 2 and Cheick then we have the opportunity to bring in two number 10 types and another creative AM/LW/RW.

That would actually give us a complete and balanced squad.

The new manager in Jan 2021 or summer 2021 will be working with a settled team that can be evolved.
Here? Forget it. But be assured, we'll buy strikers and defenders.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:39 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Dangerous game giving a manager the funds for an overhaul, knowing hes not going to be here. Id be happy to move Roy upstairs but I doubt hed want to do it.
It's not the 70s FFS. The whole reason we have a DOF is to embed the style of play and ensure changing managers every season does not leave us with an aging, mix and match squad that is neither fish nor fowl. We already did that and it's led to an unbalanced squad lacking in overall size and depth.

There is no upstairs for Roy that's Dougie and his team. This long needed rebuild is what should create a more balanced younger squad. My only concern is that the board bottle it and ignore the positions in attack and midfield that have been broken since 2017.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:40 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dangerous game giving a manager the funds for an overhaul, knowing hes not going to be here. Id be happy to move Roy upstairs but I doubt hed want to do it.
Ive said that too dunno its semi retirement that might suit him .
Old 12-07-2020, 05:41 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not the 70s FFS. The whole reason we have a DOF is to embed the style of play and ensure changing managers every season does not leave us with an aging, mix and match squad that is neither fish nor fowl. We already did that and it's led to an unbalanced squad lacking in overall size and depth.

There is no upstairs for Roy that's Dougie and his team. This long needed rebuild is what should create a more balanced younger squad. My only concern is that the board bottle it and ignore the positions in attack and midfield that have been broken since 2017.
Roy was offered players you mention and said no. Roy isnt the man for the future. Time he went.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well then this is Dougies fault and not Roys
Old 12-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
We don't need defensive players we have those.

We need two 9s, an inside forward/winger. A box to box midfielder who can actually pass, an attacking midfielder who can carry the ball up the pitch and chip in with goals. Then a RB.

If we sell CB, JS, CW and one of Luka, Jimmy 1 or 2 and Cheick then we have the opportunity to bring in two number 10 types and another creative AM/LW/RW.

That would actually give us a complete and balanced squad.

The new manager in Jan 2021 or summer 2021 will be working with a settled team that can be evolved.
We need at least a RB. The CBs are all older than youd like, so something needs to happen there. Not sure we have sufficient LB cover either.

No-one is buying CB or CW. At least not for a fee IMO. CW could still do a job as well I reckon. I also think Schlupp is a big loss at the moment, and would definitely be keeping him.

I reckon you could get some money for Luka, and maybe CK, but the Jimmys wont move on.

To rebuild the squad, I think Zaha would need to be moved on. Possibly not a bad thing as I think part of Roys negative approach is having a get out of jail card with Wilf. Which just isnt a sustainable approach.

With so many players out of contract at the end of 20/21, I dont think you can revamp the squad and bring in a new management team at the same time. One has to happen before the other, and it doesnt make sense to change the management after letting that management change the squad.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:44 PM

palace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
We have 13 players out of contract next summer. This is a major rebuild. Give a new manager who wants to work with the current recruitment team and try and get this right. I think 4 players under 25 this summer are needed and the same next summer. Need to flog the likes of Wickham, Sakho, Meyer.
Why keep the same recruitment team?
It could be Steve Parish's fault with his negotiating to save money (which is needed) but we did have two transfers which didn't happen because of medicals, but why didn't they happen earlier? If it is because - and Steve will know - other options were not sounded out as being realistic then the recruitment team including Dougie should be sacked.

Personally I feel that we have done well with certain recruiting: Guiata, Meyer, Sorloth (now Turkish team have shown him to be good), Steve Parish should know who was responsible for suggesting the most quality players especially with the benefit of hindsight the rest of that recruiting team should be sacked.
And sorry Doug but as you have no prior experience and no experience scouting in Europe then we need either a new boss of recruitment or someone European to work alongside Doug. We can't afford many Championship players but some could be available this Summer if teams are in financial difficulty because of Covid>
Trouble is we might behind the scenes be in major financial difficulty depending on how the Yanks assets have done in the States during Covid lockdown.

Last edited by palace23; 12-07-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:47 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Roy was offered players you mention and said no. Roy isnt the man for the future. Time he went.
That was all rumour and here say. Also he wasn't wrong about Bowen was he..... Victor hasn't been ripping trees up either no goals or assists and he's had half a season almost. Carrasco has scored one goal and gotten three assists.......

IF he did bat them back he might not have been too far off.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:49 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Well then this is Dougies fault and not Roys
Yeah both Dougie and SP have utterly ****ed up. Personally I think it's more SP though. The players we've been linked with have been decent enough. Where it seems to break down is getting the deal done and that's SP and PA.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
That was all rumour and here say. Also he wasn't wrong about Bowen was he..... Victor hasn't been ripping trees up either no goals or assists and he's had half a season almost. Carrasco has scored one goal and gotten three assists.......

IF he did bat them back he might not have been too far off.
It was true.

Hes done it last few seasons
Old 12-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Tbf Dougie has done an absolute shambolic job and would be sacked along with the manager if he wasn't Parishes special Palace boy.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
I would go for Dyche, but I can see it being Howe.
Rather Don Howe that that smug piece of shit. Gravel voice only choice
Old 12-07-2020, 06:02 PM

With ST renewals coming up.. something needs to give the fans positivity otherwise can see a fair few not renewing. Hard times for a lot of people at moment and to pay good money to watch that turgid shit, people won’t bother
Old 12-07-2020, 06:04 PM

lewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We will start the season with Roy and end it with Roy getting another year and another season of 40+ points and safety. I would rather see some good player recruitment than a new manager.
Roy’s said for 3 years we need a goal scorer we need a striker we signed a guy from Norway sacked him off after 6 months as he looked like he needed game time.
Player recruitment over Roy’s tenure or lack of has been the biggest issue. He had a very good Fulham team on the back of 20+ goals Dempsey and Zamora popping in with 10 goals
If we could score on average 1 and half goals a game we would be a comfortable top 10 team.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
5 more years!
Old 12-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Facilities

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
With ST renewals coming up.. something needs to give the fans positivity otherwise can see a fair few not renewing. Hard times for a lot of people at moment and to pay good money to watch that turgid shit, people wont bother
I know of 2 and it wouldnt surprise me if more follow suit