Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-04-2019, 12:25 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Here is my hole in the main argument on reason FYP podcast episodes:

Selsy: Roy has had underperforming strikers who have only managed around four goals between them, this is the reason for lack of goals at home.

Me: OK. So why have we been fine away from home with the same strikers?

The manager is at fault for not finding a way to score goals at home. Getting the most amount of shots in the league means NOTHING.

Will anyone ever make this point to the guy?
Old 19-04-2019, 01:17 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Couple of points

1/ Not sure about the comment that fans want us to go gung ho / toe to toe with the top teams . I certainly wouldn't ( and not read anyone saying that here ) . However there is a balance as in keeping game tight while also making use of our attacking options when possible to take pressure of defence .
Plenty of people have said we should have given Man City a ‘good go’. To me that is fairly ignorant that Man City are able to play us off the park.
Old 19-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
He name drops Darren Powell and this week turned his finger waggling to Mrs Clyne.

It wasn't Darren it was Chris Powell who was I think a junior at Palace at the same time as Sellsy.
He did mention Darren Powell, and Chris Powell in the same podcast. To me it didnt sound like name dropping, just people he knows.

I have found ‘Sellsy’ to be abit one dimensional in the past, but there does seem to be a bunch of people with knives out for him at the moment. Seems abit bitter to pick on the fact he knows Darren Powell, it was relevant to his point, not: ‘funny you mention Marc Edworthy, I was with Kanye the other day in his Tuscan Villa’. Isnt it better to get some anecdotal stories about Palace? It is more interesting when he talks about his contact with players, staff and club otherwise it’s just the same as everyone else.

I will say though at any level, if you put opinions infront of people whether it is a podcast, the news or just loudly in the street, people will react and is naive to think not. So this: ‘my free time’ Line is nonsense. Normally the FYP do well to ignore them, but by referring to them and trying to laugh at them they are probably only fuelling it, but if that’s what they want to do fair enough. It’s been a dull season after all...

Last edited by MFBias; 20-04-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 19-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Here is my hole in the main argument on reason FYP podcast episodes:

Selsy: Roy has had underperforming strikers who have only managed around four goals between them, this is the reason for lack of goals at home.

Me: OK. So why have we been fine away from home with the same strikers?

The manager is at fault for not finding a way to score goals at home. Getting the most amount of shots in the league means NOTHING.

Will anyone ever make this point to the guy?
Send it as a question for the next pod.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-04-2019, 03:57 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Please no, it will be another 20 minute stat fest.
Old 19-04-2019, 04:04 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Isnt Adam Sells good mates with Parish.
Old 19-04-2019, 04:09 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Great read from a blog i found on the net.
Old 19-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post

That is honestly one of the most pathetic things I have ever read. The person obviously has a personal issue with him. All the stuff about the away coaches makes the writer sound as if they are still 17 and not moved on.
Old 19-04-2019, 08:36 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
I like the Sellsy fella, talks alot of sense because he's coached the game at the highest level.
Really? He's never mentioned it before.
Old 19-04-2019, 08:43 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
That is honestly one of the most pathetic things I have ever read. The person obviously has a personal issue with him. All the stuff about the away coaches makes the writer sound as if they are still 17 and not moved on.
Agreed. Very odd they’d want this published
Old 19-04-2019, 08:48 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
If you create a pod and encourage fans to listen, surely you must anticipate that there will be the occasional guest or comment that some won’t agree with?

I haven’t read all 100 pages of this thread, but as long as people aren’t unnecessarily rude when giving their feedback, then I don’t think it should be regarded as ‘slagging off’.

It’s up to the podcasters whether they wish to take on board anything that’s posted on the BBS, but it’s a bit thin skinned of them to be critical or dismissive of the whole forum or ‘the fans’ as a consequence.

This forum has a huge range of opinions, as does the fan base.
Exactly. Every episode this thread'll will get bumped by one of the team 'heads up a new eps out'. Seems a bit much to then sneer about the place if the discussion isn't entirely up their arse every week, but there we go.
Old 19-04-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Please no, it will be another 20 minute stat fest.
I feel the same, but that's because I've never worked within the game.
Old 19-04-2019, 09:06 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post

I don't agree with a lot Adam Sells says ( if honest id never heard of him ) , however this article seems like the writer has a personal grudge against him .
Maybe I am too passive but we can all disagree without insulting each other . Works both ways , no need for abuse to Adam Sells but also it doesn't help when he says things like , the Supporters don't understand / that they spout rubbish on message boards / and that he is giving up his free time to do a podcast for us .

Last edited by exiledeagle; 19-04-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 19-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
I don't agree with a lot Adam Sells says ( if honest id never heard of him ) , however this article seems like the writer has a personal grudge against him .
Maybe I am too passive but we can all disagree without insulting each other . Works both ways , no need for abuse to Adam Sells but also it doesn't help when he says things like , the Supporters don't understand and that they spout rubbish on message boards .
The stuff about his business links with club workers, the fact he regularly sits in Directors Block and is pally with the owner, is all pertinent. All that away coach stuff just sounds incredibly petty. No one gives a f*ck about who you did or didnt see eye to eye with on a bus in 1989 mate.
Old 20-04-2019, 12:28 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=MFBias;14733180]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homburg View Post

He did mention Darren Powell, and Chris Powell in the same podcast. To me it didnt sound like name dropping, just people he knows.

I have found ‘Sellsy’ to be abit one dimensional in the past, but there does seem to be a bunch of people with knives out for him at the moment. Seems abit bitter to pick on the fact he knows Darren Powell, it was relevant to his point, not: ‘funny you mention Marc Edworthy, I was with Kanye the other day in his Tuscan Villa’. Isnt it better to get some anecdotal stories about Palace? It is more interesting when he talks about his contact with players, staff and club otherwise it’s just the same as everyone else.

I will say though at any level, if you put opinions infront of people whether it is a podcast, the news or just loudly in the street, people will react and is naive to think not. So this: ‘my free time’ Line is nonsense. Normally the FYP do well to ignore them, but by referring to them and trying to laugh at them they are probably only fuelling it, but if that’s what they want to do fair enough. It’s been a dull season after all...
i was joking, name dropping Darren Powell is hardly like saying you once played pitch and putt with David Bowie...

..although on reflection if Sellsy had played pitch and putt with Bowie, with David plying poorly and missing shot after shot - he'd probably remind David afterwards that he did infact take more shots at the holes than anyone else on the course that day, so he shouldn't be upset that he got a bad score.

Last edited by alanlee11; 20-04-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old 20-04-2019, 12:30 AM

poor Mrs Clyne
Old 20-04-2019, 12:35 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Could be worse. He hasn't been on Concorde with Cilla Black.
Old 20-04-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

i was joking, name dropping Darren Powell is hardly like saying you once played pitch and putt with David Bowie...
Used to play a few rounds with Bowie down at Hangers Hill back in the day. One time his manager turned up and tried to drag him back to the studio and an irate Bowie shouted "John, I'm only golfing". Later that day a song was born. True story that, probably.
Old 20-04-2019, 03:27 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Used to play a few rounds with Bowie down at Hangers Hill back in the day. One time his manager turned up and tried to drag him back to the studio and an irate Bowie shouted "John, I'm only golfing". Later that day a song was born. True story that, probably.
Reminds me of the time when I joined up with Michael Jackson for an impromptu matchplay game at Tilgate Forest, after we both found ourselves at the first tee trying to squeeze in a quick solo round on a lovely summers evening. Jackson took his golf very seriously and was not a happy bunny to have lost by a single hole against a player he viewed as inferior. While he was chuntering away I simply observed that he should blame it on the bogie he got at the 15th. A few months later and the rest is history.
Old 20-04-2019, 06:03 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Reminds me of the time when I joined up with Michael Jackson for an impromptu matchplay game at Tilgate Forest, after we both found ourselves at the first tee trying to squeeze in a quick solo round on a lovely summers evening. Jackson took his golf very seriously and was not a happy bunny to have lost by a single hole against a player he viewed as inferior. While he was chuntering away I simply observed that he should blame it on the bogie he got at the 15th. A few months later and the rest is history.

I see what you did there....