Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-09-2009, 10:09 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Melody

Just found this...it made me giggle.
...and feel a little bit warm inside?
Old 17-09-2009, 10:14 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bag
Dr. Who stuff will always make me feel warm inside!
Old 17-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Perpetually Devastated

newbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

A Peter Davison episode "The Caves of Androzani" won. Can't actually recall it at all but bound to have watched it - he was my era! Would have been about 7 though which might explain it.

What do you reckon to the top 10:

1.The Caves of Androzani (1984 - Peter Davison)
2.Blink (2007 - David Tennant)
3.Genesis of the Daleks (1975 - Tom Baker)
4.The Talons of Weng-Chiang (1977 - Tom Baker)
5.The Empty Child (2005 - Christopher Eccleston)
6.Human Nature (2007 - David Tennant)
7.Pyramids of Mars (1975 - Tom Baker)
8.City of Death (1979 - Tom Baker)
9.The Robots of Death (1977 - Tom Baker)
10.Bad Wolf (2005 - Christopher Eccleston)

Am surprised not many of the big Tennant finale episodes there although the two listed were great.

Am sure this has been done before elsewhere in the thread, but she's quite a thread to search through!
Old 17-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
1, 3, & 8 I like

1 Great Character in Sharez Jek, Davison's sacrifice was touching
3 The first appearance by the iconic Davros
8 Top Bond villian in Julian Glover, some good Baker lines too
Old 18-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Perpetually Devastated

newbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Found the Caves of Androzani:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Watching that I can now recall finding Peri very hot...Good grief! Way too hot for a wee sprog as I was then!

Modern times: Have always loved the one where Rose meets Pete for the first time... Fathers Day - if only for the emotion of it all. Good work.
Old 18-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm H.A.P.P.Y

MIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
The Top ten... My View

The Caves of Androzani: Bob Holmes at his best, We know the Doc is gonna die/regenerate, but how? Number One... I don't think so, pos Number 6

Blink: is scary but hardly any Doctor action. Pos 10

Genesis of the Daleks: Very overated, it does have some really good writing, but is rather long. Pos 7

Talons: Brillant! Dark, moody, and Henry Gordon Jago! Pos 2

Empty Child: Very scary, and the 'sonic envy' conversation is great, 'Haven't you had a lot of shelf's to put up'? Pos 4

Human Nature: Martha shines in this one, the reworking of the book was perfect. DT was brill. The shadow of WW1 was ever present. Pos 11

Pyramids of Mars: Everyone dies except the Doctor and Sarah, this had everything, Mummies, Mad (processed) Egyptians, Brother killing Brother, big explosions, crazy special effects and a rouge hand. Watch the DVD and especially the spoof 'Oh Mummy!' Pos 3

City of Death: School Girl uniform! Oh and a great plot, Paris, great acting, one of the best ever made. Pos 1

Robots of Death: A who done it, way to much over acting or no acting at all. quite poor. Pos Not top 10

Bad Wolf: We've followed the clues through out the series, and we are now a little disapointed with the result. Shame. Pos Not top ten

Missed were... Tomb of the Cybermen (1), Inferno (5), Curse of Fenric (8), Mind of Evil (9)

Last edited by MIKEY C; 18-09-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 18-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
some of my underrated ones:

Battlefield
The War Games
Warriors Gate
Keeper of Traken
Leisure Hive
Attack of the Cyberman (Colin Baker one with Brian Glover)
The Dalek episode with Rodney Bewes (Forget it's name)
Enlightenment
Mawdryn Undead
Old 18-09-2009, 09:49 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bag
For me :

1. City of Death - Best Who story ever written. Julian Glover was aces as well.

2. The Pyramids of Mars - Another great story with a wonderful baddie

3. Blink - It was pretty Fantastic - even if it was the 'Dr lite' story

4. The Empty Child / Doctor Dances - 'Everyone Lives' was one of the finest moments in Dr. Who history.

5. Girl in the Fireplace - Brilliant strory.

6. Genesis of the Daleks - I loved this and I felt the entire season was brilliant. For me the Tom Baker / Sarah Jayne / Harry Sullivan team was the finest team in the Tardis.

7. The Tomb of the Cybermen - Wonderful black and white cybermen story. I love it.

8. The Invasion - I just felt that the reconstructions on the DVD just added to this.

9. Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead - The Moff on form again with a great story.

10. The Frontier in Space - Shame it was let down by the follow up.
Old 18-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm H.A.P.P.Y

MIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayMIKEY C is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Quote:
For me :

8. The Invasion - I just felt that the reconstructions on the DVD just added to this..
I agree this was a fantastic story, and you are right the recon's help make it. Let's hope they work for other stories.

Quote:

10. The Frontier in Space - Shame it was let down by the follow up.
With me it's the other way around, I liked Planet of the Daleks and was bored to tears with F in S. At least it wasn't shot in 'real time'

Last edited by MIKEY C; 18-09-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 18-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm H.A.P.P.Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76
some of my underrated ones:

The Dalek episode with Rodney Bewes (Forget it's name)

Resurrection of the Daleks

Sorry I've got my nerd hat on again
Old 18-09-2009, 10:42 AM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY C
Resurrection of the Daleks

Sorry I've got my nerd hat on again
Had a higher on screen death count than than the Terminator
Old 18-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Keeping The Faith

including Carol Schell from Play School!

My favorite one is the soldier whose face peeled off, quite scary at the time
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Barry Letts To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm H.A.P.P.Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men At Work
Barry Letts To view the link you have to Register or Login
That is sad news!

I thought his biog was pretty intresting, I wonder if they will release vol 2, or even if it's been made yet?
Old 15-11-2009, 10:30 PM

Travelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good episode tonight. Interesting change in character from the Dr. towards the end - the beginning of the shaping of the new doctor?
Old 15-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Yup. enjoyed tonights ep. Nice taster for the xmas special, which is his last I think. The master crops up, as does Donna.
Old 15-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A few weeks ago I found the first three episodes on a videotape. Until then I never knew the Doctor had a grandaughetr
Old 15-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Loopylulu

Eaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliant episode tonight, can't wait for the Christmas one

Life's lived forwards but understood backwards.
Old 16-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Keeping The Faith

Have sky plussed this to watch tomorrow, looking forward to it!
Old 16-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm H.A.P.P.Y

Brilliant! That was a well written, well acted, scary Doctor Who. DT was great at the end, finally realisling the power he acturally has, and how long has got left.

Bring on Christmas (even though I might cry).