Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-11-2018, 06:38 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Last night's was great. I found it really silly - King James was a full blown camp ham. Kids loved it! This is what it should be - silly scif fi ideas with actors having fun - smiles and groans from the adults, rapt attention and even a little fear for the youngsters. And the sci-fi was front and centre, not shoe-horned in as it has been recently.
Old 26-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicaneagle View Post
Last night's was great. I found it really silly - King James was a full blown camp ham. Kids loved it! This is what it should be - silly scif fi ideas with actors having fun - smiles and groans from the adults, rapt attention and even a little fear for the youngsters. And the sci-fi was front and centre, not shoe-horned in as it has been recently.
And into the bargain , given the view of Pendle hill, it was set pretty much on Turf Moor.
Old 26-11-2018, 11:08 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Revisiting the old David Tennants (not a strong Scottish lager euphemism) with my son and Donna is a superb assistant second time round.
Old 28-11-2018, 11:13 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
really interesting reading the views on here and Digital Spy. Even more so as this is a show with 3 very diverse target audiences. Firstly, and always, Dr Who was a kids show - target age probably started as 10-16 but with kids maturing more quickly it is now closer to 8-14. Then there are the devoted fanw*nkers who will tell you that the Dr couldn't have destroyed the Daleks like that bacause in the Clag of Woosh & His Daughter in 1972 he opened the Tardis crepacious whingdongle flange and the wapestopian energy dissipated too quickly to have that effect.

Finally, there is the whole new generation of people who just like good old fashioned fun Saturday entertainment with neat one liners, good acting, in jokes and lots of woosh bang FX.

To be fair, its mostly the middle anorak brigade who have the most problem with the new series, and particularly Russell T Davis.

I watched the first ever Dr Who from behind the sofa aged 6, was terrified by the stone age one that was shown very early, loved Patrick Toughton & Jon Pertwee (and Katy Manning...... ) and then gradually stopped watching around Tom Baker & Peter Davidson. The Children in Need special about being "my Doctor" was all too accurate - anyoen who watched the series at some time has their favourite - mine was probably Pertwee in the Unit, Brigadier days.

To slag it off for plot holes, bad science etc is just too easy and daft - IT IS A MAINLY KIDS SERIES ABOUT TIME TRAVELLING ALIENS WHO ALWAYS END UP ON EARTH!

Anyway - RTD has done a brilliant job at re-inventing it, helped by some very good actors and guest stars, bringing back touches of the old like Sarah Jane & K9, with some brilliant new stuff like Blink.

Last night was good - not quite has good as last week but brought together all the strands of the past 3 years and allows the new producer to start with a clean slate.

Thanks RTD for 3 fun years.
I’ve just finished watching this series from 2008 and this is a fine post, among many
Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do believe that was Davros’s voice in the teaser for next week, it’s about time they rolled out the Daleks
Old 02-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I’ve just finished watching this series from 2008 and this is a fine post, among many
I have no recollection of ever writing most of that - especially the first paragraph! But I stand by every word - and am thoroughly enjoying the new series and different direction and dynamic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
I liked last weeks episode and the week before but didn't really like the one tonight, it was a bit boring.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 02-12-2018, 10:33 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Not watched too much of it but from the amount I've seen, she doesn't half talk a lot.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:18 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
As an aside, for nostalgia's sake I watched an old episode of MacGyver yesterday and was surprised to see that it was co-written by Terry Nation!
Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Having praised the first episode, most of the subsequent ones have not done it for me. It seems that some episodes run on a tighter budget than others and so are less interesting and rely mainly on character relationships. Also for me at least, the Doctor character is getting a bit annoying, and the traditional zany and eccentric persona has been replaced by an irritating rambling and whiny monologue to everything unknown, as it reveals itself.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
The Russell T Davies era was absolutely superb.It's been a declining mess since then with the odd gem thrown in to keep it going.This series has been a continuation of everything that has been wrong since 2010.I was optimistic for change but not anymore.Having said that,it's probably gone from a 2/10 to a 3/10 so not all bad.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I wonder how the series has fared in the viewing figures? I gave up after a few episodes, but judging by the pretty mixed comments on here, I wouldn't be surprised if popularity trailed downwards as more and more people got fed up with it for the same reasons I have.

Was the fact that the Beeb shunted the show from prime time Saturday to the 'time for bed, you've got school tomorrow' Sunday slot a bit of a signpost that they thought they'd got a clunker on their hands? Ditto the lack of a Christmas special? These are not the sort of scheduling decisions you make for flaghsip hit shows.

I fear Whittaker might be the new Sylvestor McCoy.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:30 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
The Russell T Davies era was absolutely superb.It's been a declining mess since then with the odd gem thrown in to keep it going.This series has been a continuation of everything that has been wrong since 2010.I was optimistic for change but not anymore.Having said that,it's probably gone from a 2/10 to a 3/10 so not all bad.
Totally my feelings on it.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 08-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Davies certainly wasn't without his faults - there was a tendency to overwrought 'emotional' story arcs - but I do agree the quality trend has been downwards for quite some years now.
Old 19-12-2018, 08:59 PM

Patrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Davies certainly wasn't without his faults - there was a tendency to overwrought 'emotional' story arcs - but I do agree the quality trend has been downwards for quite some years now.
Certainly agree with that.
Old 19-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I wonder how the series has fared in the viewing figures? I ga mixed comments on here, I wouldn't be surprised if popularity trailed downwards as more and more people got fed up with it for the same reasons I have.
I fear Whittaker might be the new Sylvestor McCoy.
Apparently the most watched for a decade.

Could have been so much better, but she is much better than McCoy. Entirely let down by the story lines and insistence on stand alone episodes.
Old 20-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Apparently the most watched for a decade.

Could have been so much better, but she is much better than McCoy. Entirely let down by the story lines and insistence on stand alone episodes.
I agree, brilliant actress and a great choice, it’s just the writing and the storylines have all become a bit lame. Also having 3 poor travelling companions hasn’t helped, especially as one of them is Bradley Walsh who is hard to take seriously.
No little teasers running through the whole series, building up to a last two episode gripping climax has been a big miss as well
Old 21-12-2018, 01:34 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
I agree, brilliant actress and a great choice, it’s just the writing and the storylines have all become a bit lame. Also having 3 poor travelling companions hasn’t helped, especially as one of them is Bradley Walsh who is hard to take seriously.
No little teasers running through the whole series, building up to a last two episode gripping climax has been a big miss as well
I am standing by my view that Dr Who has deteriorated horribly with this iteration.
I am pleased that the 'franchise' finally grew up in terms of bringing a female Doctor to the screens, but I think the choice was entirely predictable and lacked imagination.
I'd use this clip - which still gets me every time - to illustrate from where, how far, it has fallen. Just awful.

Last edited by Stellavista; 21-12-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 15-08-2019, 05:19 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
He wants to go back to a better time

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 15-08-2019, 08:54 AM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
He wants to go back to a better time

Neil Warnock seems annoyed.